What are you playing right now, and why?

SheetsMMAfan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't frequent these particular forums much because most games I play don't have threads that stay on top too often, so I figured I would make a thread that almost anyone who frequents this sub forum can get behind.

My hopes are that this thread will allow everyone to share what they are currently playing and why that game is holding their interest, or not holding their interest well. This can be a thread where people come to just talk about a game they tried for a few hours and decided it was a complete bust, or a thread where people come back every day/week/month to let us know of their progress in said game.

Hopefully this will open some users up to talking more about games that have dying threads or have no threads for them at all. It's hard to keep a thread on the first page and in everyone's vision daily when only 2-3 members who play the game might frequent and miss it.

I will kick this off:

I am currently playing a closed alpha game called Fortnite, from the makers of Paragon (Epic Games).

There is a ton going on in this game, and not sure how much I can share because of the whole NDA thing, but here are some details about it.
  • PVE
  • Tower Defense (against hoards of zombie like mobs)
  • Solo/Multiplayer
  • TONS of RPG aspects
  • Lots of loot
So far I have put about 30-40 hours into this game. There is a TON of content already, and its only growing/changing for the better throughout the whole Alpha process. Free to sign up for Alpha (random picks to get in via email) or you can buy keys from site in spoiler below if you would like for like $6. Placing link in spoiler in case it violates something on this forum.

Any game that involves heavy RPG aspects and co-op reel me in. I have a HIGHLY addictive gaming personality when it comes to MMO's, so I steer a little clear of those and stick with online ARPG's and some co-op tower defense PVE games like Dungeon Defenders 1 & 2. Not a big fan of competitive PvP, because frankly I lost those fast twitch reflexes I had with video games when I was a kid and get obliterated now.

So Sherdog, what games are you currently playing and why?

Playing the Witcher III and Gears of War 4, and i was playing fallout 4:

on Witcher III: Got this game earlier this year and its awesome, one of the best fantasy rpgs ive ever played and is right up there with elder scrolls. Definitely has a lot of things about it that are superior to skyrim.

on GOW: Loved the campaign and the ending, and versus mode is fun (even though its hard as hell and people just rush power weapons), but the best part of it is of course Horde. The only issue i have with horde is how people aren't punished for being the first to leave.

Lastly on fallout 4: When it came out I was super hyped but after playing for 2 playthroughs it just got extremely boring due to a large portion of the may being boring, bad diagloge, main quest was boring, etc. I quit playing for a few months but picked it back up to play Far Harbor and Nuka World.Far Harbor was a really fun dlc imo (i loved the dark mysterious feel of the island and the fog and the overall theme and setting of it, one of my favorite dlcs for fallout), Nuka world was decent, but theres just as much if not more empty space as far harbor, but with a far less interesting story, setting, and landscape

WoW mainly. I just started Strider. I still like an old school style beat em up side scroller.

Dishonored is the tits. Great replay value and Corvo Attano is so effortlessly badass. I can hardy wait for the sequel.

Darksiders-Review-2.jpg

I'm still stuck in 2010.

GTA 5 is always I'm rotation, because I don't have to pay attention, and just game on cruise control when I'm bored. And gaming on Forza 6 and 2k atm.

My rotation consists of Path of Exile, Marvel Heroes 2016, Minecraft, Dungeon Defenders 2, and Fortnite.

PoE for the first month or so of new league, Marvel when their are big patches (completely redoing game at year end), Minecraft when i feel like starting up my server with new plugins for friends, Dun Def 2 when they do big balance patches, and Fortnite since it still has that new feel to me.

Nice to not be stuck on one game for too long.

Mafia 3 (recently bought- ok game)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (finally out for PS4)
The Division (not playing much but waiting for updates/new content)

Been replaying the resident evil series. About to start 4. Just felt like going through that universe again.

Uncharted 4 - played all the other ones, I'm enjoying this one, graphics are nice and voice acting is done really well.

Ultra SF4 - mainly because my friends still play it as they don't want to move to SF5.

i haven't started Skyward Sword yet. And the Boarderlands gold collection.
Will be buying the lastest Tomb Raider now that its on PS4.

Now that daylight is getting shorter here, I will be playing a lot of video games to keep myself busy :)

About to start Red Dead, I have had it sitting on the PS3 for like 4 years, but with the sequel coming out figured it was a good time to try it out.

Been replaying the resident evil series. About to start 4. Just felt like going through that universe again.
1-2-3 have not aged well but the gameplay is still awesome. I recently restarted RE4 just for laughs and it was great. I made it to the Village and got killed by the Zombie mob, great times!

I'm at the end of my rope in Fallout 4. I have spent WAY too many hours in that game and I'm still having fun. I don't understand when I hear people say this:

Lastly on fallout 4: When it came out I was super hyped but after playing for 2 playthroughs it just got extremely boring due to a large portion of the may being boring, bad diagloge, main quest was boring, etc. I quit playing for a few months but picked it back up to play Far Harbor and Nuka World.Far Harbor was a really fun dlc imo (i loved the dark mysterious feel of the island and the fog and the overall theme and setting of it, one of my favorite dlcs for fallout), Nuka world was decent, but theres just as much if not more empty space as far harbor, but with a far less interesting story, setting, and landscape

When it comes to Fallout 4, I know I will write a complete essay. I will put it in spoilers tag to avoid over-crowding this thread:

Bad dialogues? What were you expecting, Shakespeare? They hired voice actors for every fucking NPC, what other game has done that? Every interactive NPC has different lines and dialogue options unique to them. There are also a lot of custom dialogues for every companions, all 15 of them! You can spend hours just going through every companions dialogue options, it's insane. Hours, I'm not joking: I've done it with every freaking companion, including Old Longfellow and Gage. No other game has ever gone that deep into NPC dialogue.

Have you raised affinity with every companion? I tell you, there are gems of conversations in there. Don't take Father's speech as the standard of Fallout dialogue, there are much more gems hidden if you have the time to listen! I speak with 1000 hours of Fallout 4 experience, I'm not just throwing this out. It's the most extensively detailed game in regards of dialogues I have ever played.

I'm not talking about a click-and-point story game here. I'm talking about a war-like shooter with thousand of lines of dialogues written, recorded and re-recorded. There's a lot of work there my friend and it has been done expertly! You're not just strolling around in between NPCs like Mass Effect: you're encountering them everywhere: in settlements, in cities, on the road, in buildings or even as Raider prisoners. Some will sell you junk, other will tell you to piss off. Dialogues are a high point of my Fallout 4 experience but I'm not a very diverse gamer: maybe there are games out there with better dialogues, I just haven't played one yet.

As for boring main quest, duh! Have you seen how many different things you can do? How many ways you can conclude the main quest? If you went "Minutemen General" and were disappointed, why don't you try joining BOS instead and erradicate all other factions? The main quest will be much less boring when you're killing everyone in the name of a free Commonwealth controlled by BOS. There are dozens of gameplay variation to how the game concludes: don't take your own experience as the golden standard of how Fallout ends!

The only thing I will concede is the boring map: YES, there are lots of empty space in the World map. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Nuclear FALLOUT created by the war... Pulling your finger here bud, I agree with you: they could have filled empty space with more things to do. I believe they really wanted a lot of empty space to give that Wasteland feeling to the game. If you remember, Fallout New Vegas was the same outside of Vegas: lots of empty space, no other cities to hang in and much less NPC interactions.

What was the question again? Ah yes, which game am I playing right now. I will take time off Fallout 4 for sure, I need a simpler game now. I'm waiting for Civilization VI to get back on my gaming addiction but until then, I might play Rise of Tomb Raider just to try it. I doubt I will make it to the end but I finished the last one and it was OK. I also plan to do a second playthrough of Wasteland 2, it brings me back good old memories of Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. Of course, it's also inspired a lot by Fallout universe so I don't feel lost at all.

With no UFC on the horizon, gaming will have to raise the stakes!

Last edited:
I'm currently rotating through 4 games.
HOTS-I'm on it just about every night.
LOL- just starting this as most of my friends want me to jump on with them
Madden- got the sherdog league going as well as 2 other franchises I play with a buddy of mine
GTA5- biker release has the wife and I playing GTA again. loving it and it's easy to play for a couple hours

Fortnite looks amazing I've been anticipating it's release for about a year now, I'll definitely be hitting it hard when it does come out. At the moment I'm playing Battlefield 1, I paid a stupid amount of money to play it a few days earlier than everyone else so I figure I may as well make the most of it.

Once I get burnt out on BF1 I'll be back on Overwatch, I expect I'll be off and on OW for the next several years.

About to start Red Dead, I have had it sitting on the PS3 for like 4 years, but with the sequel coming out figured it was a good time to try it out.

I'm still waiting for the PC port :'( I hope they release the new one on PC and bundle it with a remastered version of redemption.

My rotation consists of Path of Exile, Marvel Heroes 2016, Minecraft, Dungeon Defenders 2, and Fortnite.

PoE for the first month or so of new league, Marvel when their are big patches (completely redoing game at year end), Minecraft when i feel like starting up my server with new plugins for friends, Dun Def 2 when they do big balance patches, and Fortnite since it still has that new feel to me.

Nice to not be stuck on one game for too long.

I did the same this league as I seem to do every league on POE I played relentlessly for a month got 36/40 in the challenge league, got the fancy portal skin then gave up almost immediately.

Last edited:
Battlefield 1.
Its new and it fills my fps fix which currently is the only gametype ive been in the mood for playing.

Can someone please give me tips on his to get moderately good at following online fps games?

I suck at shooters and just can't get into them because of that.

I am about to start Divinity Original Sin. Have it loaded on Steam and ready to go. Now I just need to find the time.

Been craving another good RPG, and I've heard great things about this one.

Back