What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first AC I've played since the second one. I'm having more fun playing this than Red Dead Redemption.

I haven't played RDR2 yet, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this AC. Also, you should play Brotherhood and Revelations.

Just did a play through for street fighter 2, and sonic 2
Think streets of rage 2 might be next.

E, just beat Horizon ZD about 30 mins ago, aaayyy. Talk on our mutual dissatisfaction a few days ago had me fire it up again and grind it out.

@Eazy123

Final consensus is that it's OK; somewhere between OK and good, I guess, but ultimately failing ever to resonate with me.

Ended up softening the in-game FX and maxing the music, which led to an atmosphere that helped me stick with it; the game's score is fantastic, IMO, ranging from the Brian Eno-esque to an almost grungy, industrial sound. And the final battle on that note was very cool.

I (still) really don't like protagonist Aloy and from her untimely reactions to many goings-on, even thought her to have an undisclosed developmental disorder at some point – an ever constant pushback for me when trying to take the helm of her life-story. And what's up with the armour in this game? I wore this Banuk kit for a while and looked like a huge piece of Lego. Another had me looking like an angry clothes rack. It's a crime to rob one of his fashionborne.

Because I main-quested my play with but a few side quests, I enjoyed more than a couple story arcs as everything pieced together so well and could see a cool Mech game under the surface if they wanted one. I saw in the end-game credits there being a team who'd focused solely on Quest Design. I want to give those some 12 guys a shout-out.

In general, the studio did such an outstanding job on the machines of that universe – from the research-to-graphically-realised aesthetics and locomotion to AI response, all unique with graze - alert - search - destroy phases and each standing out from beginning to end.

The voice-acting is all over the place though and to an extent, so too the writing. I'm in the middle of all hell breaking loose and cultists with grocery bags on their heads are mumbling the buffoonery 'Here comes THE…pain', 'Fear the Shadow's STING', 'I've got…you in my sights', and 'REAP my fist' in almost bored or self-unassured tones like they'd peed themselves only moments before. I'm laughing aloud while playing.

Hard further to exemplify without spoiling but worsening matters are the choppy NPC interactions/cutscenes and then at times froggy editing. Sona, a story mainstay and War Chief, is almost comically bad. Big picture, the world's tribes conception in this is a mess, IMO.

The awe this game inspired and audience it received is surprising to me but it's cool, to each his own. Good overarching story and a home run on the scoring. Glad to have knocked it out for what I paid for it. On selling, I hope to get at least 20€ as I've got the Frozen Wilds expansion.

Playing through Red Dead Online and rootin' tootin' it up in Free Aim with a bunch of aimbotters. Might not bother but I am posseing up with my friends so it's all good. Doing missions is fun.

Might play something new. I got so many games to boot but will probably try an indie of Game Pass cause it expires in December 22 for me.

Played through and finished The Gardens Between. Very simple and short puzzle platformer. Pretty endearing and bittersweet game. Seems like something @TeTe would like cause easy 1000 points and something @Zer would look cause of Life Is Strange vibes.

In anticipation of Devil May Cry 5 in a few months, I picked up 2015's beefed-up DmC – a remaster with multi-costume optionality and updated gameplay. Title has style and then some and when I saw Combichrist had scored it, I knew it was on. Having fun so far but am only a few hours in at time of writing.

Coming off the Zero Dawn DLC (beautiful, BTW) to this nonstop rave was a bit of a shock to the system, I must say. Its mission-lens worldview and Divinity Statues remind me a bit of Nioh, which I loved.

I haven't played RDR2 yet, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this AC. Also, you should play Brotherhood and Revelations.
bc9e7484-e9f5-40a5-bfb3-252f2d1cb401.PNG

do it for online

ZOMG this songgggggg

Tried to finish RDR 2, but got bored and bowed out. I have little kids so I missed a ton of games, Im trying the witcher 3 now, I keep hearing good things. RDR 2 pissed me off, felt like they couldnt figure out if they wanted a free roam or on the rails linear story. It felt like it was putting a governor on itself most of the time. Have a little bit of fun, but don't stray too far from the main story. Also, wtf, washing each of my limbs with an individual button, really?!?!

Finoshed the Odyssey DLC and am cleaning up the cheevos and quests. Now it's Smash all day baby

Finoshed the Odyssey DLC and am cleaning up the cheevos and quests. Now it's Smash all day baby
The two-minute montages they (GA) played for announcing each GOTY nominee had me fast-forward plans to pick up Odyssey. After GoW, I'm feeling froggy to carry on my Spartan spankings.

I love UFC 2 and just saw that UFC 3 is a very good price. Is it worth it?

99.53% of the map unfogged in Odyssey and spent three hours today looking for the part I'm missing before I gave up. Guess I'm not getting that achievement.

Finally returned to Horizon Zero Dawn to play the DLC. I haven't touched the game since it came out. I had to relearn it all over again.

I can't put Wildlands down from Tom Clancy's series Ghost Recon so I've hit pause on DmC for now.

Anyone looking for a good tactical shooter with 50+ hours of a solo campaign and countless goings-on that require either surgical strikes or a means louder-and-prouder, I personally recommend the title. Very good game.

Setting spans Bolivia's plains to snowcapped mountains and the special ops element you lead is free to approach and execute how you see fit. The order in which you gather intel determines how the story unfolds and with every revelation, the CIA is there to connect dots and guide you this way or that way. Again, the game is yours and there are no greater rails to stay on.

The cutscenes aren't anything to write home about (and no dodge-roll unless platforming, sadly, WTF) but the voice-acting is excellent, IMO, and so too is the audio from firefights to hillside birds and these deceptively tranquil Spanish guitar tracks that fade in and out as you gut a cartel from the outside in. Nuanced fighting all-around and tearing mountainsides up on a motorbike I just boosted is the biz.

Despite coming out in 2017, its price has held well but I wouldn't let that put you off if you're in the market for the adventure on offer. I haven't taken down the cartel head yet (still have underbosses to double-tap or kidnap) but hit me up with any questions if you're considering it.

grw17-cartel-photo-el-sueno.jpg

Finished Toby The Secret Mine. 1000/1000 pretty easy only took like 3 hours.

Might play some Batman or Shadow of War.

I can't put Wildlands down from Tom Clancy's series Ghost Recon so I've hit pause on DmC for now.

Anyone looking for a good tactical shooter with 50+ hours of a solo campaign and countless goings-on that require either surgical strikes or a means louder-and-prouder, I personally recommend the title. Very good game.

Setting spans Bolivia's plains to snowcapped mountains and the special ops element you lead is free to approach and execute how you see fit. The order in which you gather intel determines how the story unfolds and with every revelation, the CIA is there to connect dots and guide you this way or that way. Again, the game is yours and there are no greater rails to stay on.

The cutscenes aren't anything to write home about (and no dodge-roll unless platforming, sadly, WTF) but the voice-acting is excellent, IMO, and so too is the audio from firefights to hillside birds and these deceptively tranquil Spanish guitar tracks that fade in and out as you gut a cartel from the outside in. Nuanced fighting all-around and tearing mountainsides up on a motorbike I just boosted is the biz.

Despite coming out in 2017, its price has held well but I wouldn't let that put you off if you're in the market for the adventure on offer. I haven't taken down the cartel head yet (still have underbosses to double-tap or kidnap) but hit me up with any questions if you're considering it.

grw17-cartel-photo-el-sueno.jpg

Full 1000 that game. Heard the DLC was trash though.

Loved Wildlands.

Full 1000 that game. Heard the DLC was trash though.

Loved Wildlands.

Good stuff. Earning platinum (I'm ball-parking the gamescore equivalent per our trophy system) is impressive with how much has popped off over the course of events. I'm pretty sure I've now achieved all the Mad Max-type trophies for road rage, lol. And thanks for the clip. I'm using that exact scope right now on my sniper rifle. *pop, thud

<LucyBless>

I purchased the Gold edition so have both DLCs in the pipeline. I'll come back and drop an opinion or two on them when done. Love this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back