what are the best warm ups for legs?

karatefoo

they trained me wrong, as a joke!
@Blue
Reaction score
I haven't been kicking much in sparring nor moving around as much unless I have had a good 45 minutes or so of drilling warm ups during class. What are some good drills to warm up the legs to help them move aside from rope?

Warm up, stretching to avoid injury before training, stretching to avoid soreness after training and stretching for flexibility are 4 different things, done in different ways...

also start warming up nice and slow and really work your way up. be methodically slow in your movement and ramp up. I used to have a nagging back injury for a few months that went away once I adjusted my warm up. Turns out I was doing the motions too fast during my warm up. I was basically rushing my warm up session to get it over with so I could start the real workout. I am also a lot older so shit like that affects me a lot now unfortunately...

I usually shadow box with primary emphasis on footwork. Maybe 2 rounds of that, then I go onto pads where I warm up with kicks for a bit. Each leg for about 10min total. No need to kill on that, just get the technique and motion down, focus on "lazy power" instead of speed. Up the speed once you're warm.

Yeah. Shadowboxing with alot of footwork. Then more rounds of shadowboxing with lowkick bodykick blocking. And slow relaxed kicking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back