What are Kevin Lee's strengths as a fighter?

wrestling and RNC.

everything else is dogshit, especially his striking and baby chin.

I don't think he beats Ferguson but I'd probably expect him to RNC McGregor.

Grappling is obviously his best skill, but he has the same range as Conor which will help him getting countered. He won't have to force the action coming in like most of Conor's opponents.

Aside from khabib, I see him being the best wrestler there is the lw division. When you think of a 77" reach on a 5'9, you probably think he would be a solid boxer, but he grew up with a wrestling background and the way he uses his reach is actually pretty extraordinary. Watch his ufc fights, he doesn't use his reach to keep range and box, he uses his long arms to wrap around fighters from wayyy far away, like as if the fighter being grabbed would not even be worried about being bodylocked from a distance and it ends up happening anyways. The way he uses his reach to wrap around bodies or legs from distance is his biggest strength, and to be honest, with how good his ground game really is, hes going to be a problem for every single lightweight out there, they either knock him out or he will end up dominating. Hate the guy on a personal level though lol, regardless great fighter

There is talk of him vs Ferguson, but how would you rate his chances vs Conor McGregor?

It's too soon to tell. He definitively shouldn't be fighting Tony. He is being fed to any early death...that is Tony Ferguson.

The UFC was sandbagging Khabibs can beating 0 record for a big superfight which was supposed to be Tony. Khabib over doses on tiramisu and the fans get shafted along with...this kid Kevin Lee who doesn't have a chance in hell of beating Tony.

FOH

He is a really good prospect. His striking does need a lot of work and he is way too cocky based on his accomplishments but he has really good wrestling and is good at finding submissions too.

No one has tooled Chiesa, the best version of Chiesa, at Chiesas own game nonetheless, except Lee. He is a serious threat and he's only going to get better and badder. He could possibly beat tony. I'm a huge fan of what tony has done and continues to do in the face of ducks like Kabib and primadonna a like Conor, but he better not underestimate Lee or he could wind up like Chiesa did

Best damn Lee to attain advanced martial arts skill since his uncle Bruce.

He's very well rounded with a strong wrestling base and a really good ground game. He throws good kicks and I'm sure his boxing has been improving since training with Floyd. With that said he seems very chinny as he's been put out by a no name and Mike dropped him with a jab in the last fight.

Grappling is his bread and butter, her solid grappler.

Strong, fast and have good cardio.

His striking is almost there, he rush in and get reckless at times. Luckily he's very young so he got plenty of time to learn and develop.

I'd say he's the 4th best grappler and the 2nd best wrestler in the div. LW has better grapplers than wrestlers though.

Tony has everything Lee has, and way more imo

He's a wizard with those standing chokes, and really all subs from all angles. Dude is an ambush predator who's always looking to snatch something up.

His offensive kickboxing is way better, and he's got a pretty stout chin

Dammit, I wish I didn't have dubs, so I could like this post.

Aside from khabib, I see him being the best wrestler there is the lw division. When you think of a 77" reach on a 5'9, you probably think he would be a solid boxer, but he grew up with a wrestling background and the way he uses his reach is actually pretty extraordinary. Watch his ufc fights, he doesn't use his reach to keep range and box, he uses his long arms to wrap around fighters from wayyy far away, like as if the fighter being grabbed would not even be worried about being bodylocked from a distance and it ends up happening anyways. The way he uses his reach to wrap around bodies or legs from distance is his biggest strength, and to be honest, with how good his ground game really is, hes going to be a problem for every single lightweight out there, they either knock him out or he will end up dominating. Hate the guy on a personal level though lol, regardless great fighter

Damn, great description. You make me want to watch his fights. I just watched a brief highlight, and he looks pretty damn solid from what I watched. I know highlights can make anyone looks great, but makes me really wanna watch his fights now.

And yeah, he can be cringey as hell.

his best strenght:
410_Kevin_Lee.0.jpg

His best strength as a UFC fighter is that he's very well spoken.

006_Tyron_Woodley.0.0.jpg

He is really good on the ground and usually can take the fight there.

His striking is shit.

Back