What archetype fighter do you perceive me as?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by conceptfighter0432, Feb 7, 2018.

1. conceptfighter0432

conceptfighter0432 White Belt

Posted this video here previously looking for feedback on my spar. But based upon this video, what type of fighter do you see me as being? Counter, aggressive, etc.

I’m asking because I plan on studying other fighters that share the same approach so that I can improve.

I feel that my approach is similar to Canelo.

The Adder likes this.
  2. nastyleft

nastyleft Brown Belt

Which guy are you?
    And don't worry about who you look like, just be yourself and work on everything to be the best you can be.

3. The Adder

The Adder Green Belt

I like the little defensive moves and feints before and after you punch or when your opponent attacks(i think you posted before so i'm assuming you're in the white gloves). You seem to have a well rounded boxers mentality. I did see some counter attempts in there and also some combination punching when you did open up. Canelo is a good guy to watch but i'd also recommend JMM for these type of qualities.

4. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

I perceive you as being a novice (which there is nothing wrong with) and that comparisons between you and world class fighters (whose styles will have changed dramatically from their early formation years to how they are now) are completely pointless. Saying you have a similar approach to Canelo is like a monkey hitting a piano and then comparing it to Beethoven.

moosaev likes this.
  5. conceptfighter0432

Lmfao ok

6. conceptfighter0432

My bad guy with white gloves

7. nastyleft

nastyleft Brown Belt

OK...you have promise. Not sure how old you are, but you move well. Sometimes I believe you are "acting" like the kind of boxer you want to be rather than doing the the things you can be very effective at. I don't really see you as a counter boxer. But it's clear in watching, you want to be. Man you're long, pretty athletic and can put together a nice jab if executed right. I see a jab like Jermain Taylor if you get your feet right and keep your "D" up for the guy that comes ovver the top behind the jab. Taylor in my opinion had one of the most effective jabs in modern boxing. Or maybe an ODLH (who never used it enough). Don't let your crutch be wanting to do something else you "want" to do rather than recognizing what should be "your shit". I read a lot of raw Canelo comparisons, but that's why you're trying to fight like him, you're a fan (nothing wrong with that). The testament to that is you're athletic enough to almost pull it off an borderline mimic his stuff. But seriously, get good a trainer, get your feet right and commit to letting the jab be your introduction and your statement to your opponent, keep a nice guard and let the counters come when they come, instead of looking for them the way you do now. Then come over the top behind the long jab and you'll start starching cats. Really....... Forget EVERYTHING you want to do and READ the other guy and do what makes sense. The moment you stop trying to emulate someone is the moment you find you own identity.

8. Sunfish

Sunfish Martinez Belt

Jimmy smith jr