What about Conor McGregor fighting Max Holloway at 155?

There are lots of interesting fights for Conor right now, unfortunately he will only take a Khabib rematch or a super fight against Anderson.

I think Holloway wins a comfortable decision this time around
That be possible since Holloways gas tank is better, he is WAY MORE confident with his striking and approach on pressure which is McGregors weakness, although it has to be a a pressure on Conor that has gassed. Pressuring Conor in round 1 or even 2 would be risky he is such a sniper.

Max has improved everywhere. I just dont see where Conor has improved anywhere...BUT can we blame him? When you are that rich its hard to get up and train like your a poor welfare boy

Great fight. Never happen tho. Conor doesn't give rematches.
But he wanted a rematch with Diaz and got it.
Wants to do it again ..
and a rematch with Nurmagomedov
Conor DOESNT give rematches....he just didnt give 2 guys he smoked a rematch, most fighters dont get rematches when they are wasted in 13 seconds and minutes.

Plus Conor at this point needs a fight that will make sense that he CAN win, he really isnt in the best position to call shots now.

I don't think Max ever fights again honestly. Had to pull out of the Edgar fight earlier in the year with an injury, then tried stepping up to fight Khabib and had to pull on medical advice and then had a severe concussion and had to pull against Ortega. If he does fight Ortega at the end of the year how good will he really be? His body has been damaged all year long.... that has to show something.
I think he fights again for sure, hes 26 years old.
IF not, then thats a shame the guy is in his prime

Conor recently specifically stated on the prospect of McGregor Diaz 3 that he would give Nate the rematch because Nate gave him the rematch.
Nate dont want that fight hes stated many times. He said he beat that bitch twice already. (we know otherwise)
Nate is too much of a difficult person lately the fight will never get done. Hes demanding millions to just fight Dustin...I cant imagine him agreeing to be paid less than Conor since IN HIS MIND he beat Conor both times.

There are lots of interesting fights for Conor right now, unfortunately he will only take a Khabib rematch or a super fight against Anderson.
Ok then, 1 loss to a 40 year old boxer and then 2 straight losses in a row after Andy or Khabib so thats gonna look shitty

Read all the way through there is more to it than just the title.
Max has already stated he wants to move up, whether Ortega beats him or not the cut is getting very hard for him, his words.

Maybe it would be wise to see the outcome of that Max/Ortega fight before they make any definitive plans for Conor since Max may move up regardless win or lose and its known Max wants that loss back from McGregor.

WHY MAX?

LETS FACE THE FACTS HERE. Conor needs a win. Conor McGregor vs Max Holloway 2 would be a very different fight today IMO. UFC knows Conor is coming off of 2 losses. Yes 1 in boxing against Floyd but still its two consecutive contests he was stopped in...Conors stock has NOT dropped YET in my opinion but a 3rd loss will be bad I feel. You can only trash talk so much until EVERYONE starts to see you're bark is becoming bigger than your bite.

McGregor needs a WIN and I think Conor vs Diaz 3 right now is risky,
Conor vs Anderson Silva is bouncing around now....I think that fight just seems unrealistic to me.
Conor moving up to fight Woodley, no, not off of a loss.
Lastly, Conor in a rematch with Khabib AND vs Tony Ferg is dangerous as well if not the most dangerous

Ummmm, nah. Been there done that. Diaz 3! Yeahhhhh....

Holloway would be just as risky as Diaz or Poirier. All those rematches would be a toss up. If the UFC really wants to give Conor a win, they'll give Aldo his rematch.
true, I forgot Aldo

Ummmm, nah. Been there done that. Diaz 3! Yeahhhhh....
Diaz doesnt want it. He wants too much money to do it, and he even said in many cases he beat Conor or ( that bitch) or (that foooo) twice no need for a third (in his mind)

I'd love it but they won't do it

Would be one hell of a fight. For me with all of Max's improvements it comes down to how iron that chin really is. He will get hit

If he can take it, he'll drown Conor in volume down the stretch. But that's a significant if

Max wins this time, easily. Will make McGregor pay for sure, and this time will be the first knockout taken by McGregor.

I don’t see Conor fighting anyone he’s 1-0 against....doesn’t do much for him

This is laughable to me. Conor hits way harder than Max and Max STILL throws those sloppy short hooks that Conor easily counters....Conor would be the one pressuring Max, again.

Max wins this time, easily. Will make McGregor pay for sure, and this time will be the first knockout taken by McGregor.

laughable.

Holloway still throws those sloppy punches.

Wut. Max's game is pressure striking and he gets tagged a lot. Conor nullified max the 1st time with pressure. 5 rounds Conor can definitely gas but Max isn't looking good head trauma wise (multiple wars and the aldo fights) so fighting a guy who tooled him on the feet isnt the best idea. People might hate Conor but Max's striking style plays into Conors game too well. Unless Max can take serious damage for 2-3 rounds the its gonna be bad.

laughable.

Holloway still throws those sloppy punches.
The gas/pace will make the difference, since McGregor is suck at it.

His face will be like your avatar there - wrinkly, messed up:
500793.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back