What a freaking horrible fight

Yeah it was a massive letdown. There's a fine line between technical and patient and flat-out boring, and this fight crossed that line unfortunately. Both guys were too afraid of the other's power to commit to anything. Really hard to score, I have no issue with Till getting the win for coming forward the entire fight.

don't blame both guys. there was only 1 guy running whole fight.

I just have trouble understanding why fight after fight people still want to stand up and strike with Wonderbread.

His strength obviously is taking a striking match into his comfort zone and making the other fighter look like crap. With Wonderboy you if end up on the end of a controversial decision you have played his game. Sure, go a few rounds with him see if you can hang with him in the striking department maybe you can catch him, but why play into his strengths?

But IMO if that shit is being nullified, at the beginning of round 4 take the fight in a different direction, if you're close enough to strike then you're close enough to wrestle so make it a dirty fight. Even Woodley wasn't even smart enough to try it the second time around and he has a solid background in wrestling.

Granted Till and Woodley both won but yeah it makes the fight less entertaining if there isn't variety.

Last edited:
That was a disgrace, honestly.
These guys are supposed to be the top guys in the WW division? LMAO

Imagine what guys like GSP or Usman or Woodley or RDA would do to these guys.
Nobody deserved to win this, neither Till nor Wonderboy. Both are overrated as fuck.

Never wanna see Wonderboy fight again, and Till obviously gets destroyed by all the wrestlers at WW if even Wonderboy was able to take him down.

Hopefully the winner of RDA vs Colby gets the title-shot instead of Till.
TRUDAT..........

That was a sparring session... imo Til tried to fight.. WB would have none of it.

Agreed. It was nothing like a fight, it was a very light point sparring session.

Did all those fistbumps get counted as significant strikes as well?
The fight was rubbish

Indeed, your stupidity frustrated me. What can I say, I like intelligence.

I’m always so thankful for highly intelligent people like AimWithV and Nightwish telling me which threads are interesting. Thanks guys, I wasn’t sure, but now I know.

people acted like i was talking nonsense when i said GSP walks wonderboy down, outstrikes him, and gets his takedowns. Georges was the best striker 170 has seen. i know he has his threat of wrestling to help him and keep his opponents some what honest but there isnt 1 striker at 170 that georges dosnt walk down and out strike before getting them down.

usmans stock just went up in my book. people might not like it but he can wrangle these guys for all 5 rounds.

Two overrated, and one severely overhyped, fighters cancelling each other out. These are the kinds of fights that make me want to take a break from the UFC for a bit except all other sports are boring.

It isn't Till, its Wonderboy's approach to fighting. He is more or less a modern day Machida when he first came to the UFC. Wonderboy is basically a point fighter who keeps distance with a little more killer instinct than Machida. It is hard to have a great looking fight against those type of fighters in their prime. You'll always have guys with a style that just doesn't lead to exciting fights(ie: Demian Maia).

Honestly this next generation of WW are a bunch of lames. After guys like Condit, RDA, Lawler, Cerrone, GSP, Maia, Diaz, Wonderboy all definitively retire, we're gonna be stuck with Woodley, Till, Colby, Usman, Perry.

<{clintugh}>

Back