What’s the Opinion Around Here on Teddy Hart?

Hes a lunatic that raises expensive show cats, grows marijuana, occasionally pimps women and threw away a chance at a great career because of his attitude problems

He's awesome, he's mellowed out and he'd be a great trainer for all the physical training in NXT. He's fucked up more than anyone and can teach a lot of lessons.

He's retarded...complete moron.

Never seen him work or anything but I heard him on Jericho's podcast. He came off as a complete fuckin nut and a loser tbh, boasting about his connection to gangsters and how he could kick everybody's ass. He claimed that the WWE gave him a developmental deal when he was young in an attempt to kill him. The way he trains cats to do tricks sounds kind of cool though.

Made a lot of mistakes, dickhead depending on who you ask, but top tier in terms of talent. Just never got in the right head space to maintain that level.

Teddy Hart was the most athletic and physically talented "Hart" to have ever wrestled. His had supreme control of his body as his coordination was top notch, his athletic ability was second to none in wrestling especially at the time, and he had a decent look for a smaller guy.

But with all that natural, physical talent, the guy just doesn't have the mental capacity nor social skills to be able to raise up the ranks anywhere especially if he has to cooperate with others. He is seriously delusional and sees himself as a bigger star in wrestling than he ever was. He has actually stated he's god's gift to wrestling and that wasn't a worked promo. He was given more breaks than almost anyone and time and time again, he screwed himself out of any chance of becoming a star yet he blames it on everyone else.

Teddy Hart got let go from the WWF due to being a complete idiot. He was re-signed to the WWE and then let go again for still being a complete idiot years later. He's been fired from basically every wrestling promotion and if that doesn't tell you something's wrong, there's nothing anyone can do.

Lastly, he has absolutely no sense of wrestling psychology and relies only on high spots and his athletic ability. This is the same guy who pushed for "anti-gravity" boots/shoes, or boots/shoes with loaded springs that would help a wrestler spring upwards of a foot. He pushed this concept and even tried to develop some in the mid 2000s and even as recent as 2017, he still thought it would revolutionize pro wrestling.

In short, Teddy Hart never got wrestling, never will. He was a never was who believes he was a great star who got the short end of the stick due to Bret (crazy), other promoters, and blamed his failures and shortcomings on others. Even in at age 38, he still thinks it's all about high spots. When I think of Teddy Hart, I almost turn into Cornette...

Ps, watch this match below and you will see the issue with Teddy Hart. It's a tag match and Teddy Hart starts it out against Doug Basham. They lock up and Doug was going to back Teddy into the corner and Teddy decides circle away from the corner, likely because he wanted to come out strong. Doug throws him and he does a tumble right toward Danny. Danny yells at him "You're a nobody," knowing Teddy didn't follow the plan. Still just a small hiccup but Teddy Hart goes up to Doug and says something to Doug and Doug is immediately pissed. Look at Doug's eyes at 1:32 in the match. And then after a short exchange, Doug gives Teddy two reverse elbows, which Teddy basically no sells and Doug gives him a vicious chop and Teddy drops down, as he should but gets right back up, no selling it. That pisses Doug off and Doug chops him about 4 more times and he doesn't go down, stands right up Doug puts Teddy in the corner, stands up on the second corner and legitimately shouts at Teddy for being a punk. Then has Teddy tag out and as Teddy is on the apron, Doug yells "You're lucky I don't come out there and smack the taste of out your mouth"

Last edited:
I remember him from MTV's short lived pro wrestling league "Wrestling society X" I though he and the whole promotion was awesome. Like other's here said though, apperently he had the potential to be great but he was just too dysfunctional to make it.

Speaking of WSX do any of you guys remember this shit? If I had to describe it, It was kind of like a mix of ECW and Lucha Underground. It only lasted one season, but all of the episodes are on youtube.

I remember him from MTV's short lived pro wrestling league "Wrestling society X" I though he and the whole promotion was awesome. Like other's here said though, apperently he had the potential to be great but he was just too dysfunctional to make it.

Speaking of WSX do any of you guys remember this shit? If I had to describe it, It was kind of like a mix of ECW and Lucha Underground.

Yes I do. It was shitty spotfest indy show that lasted for 1 season and rightfully so

Yes I do. It was shitty spotfest indy show that lasted for 1 season and rightfully so

I thought it was sweet. Spot-fest's can be fun. Just because Jim Corrnet doesn't like that style doesn't mean it's not entertaining. Besides Wrestlemania (Which was great this year btw) I can't really do the WWE anymore. I was born in 1980 and watched from about 85 to 2001 (off and on in the 90's) then picked it up from around 2008 until about 2014.

I still have the WWE network for docs and older content, listen to a few bits of podcasts once and awhile, enjoy the history and shoot interviews, and catch Lucha Underground here and there; but I just haven't been able to get into the WWE's current product for several years now.

Last edited:
Guy made a ton of mistakes but he's still alive so there's that.

I thought it was sweet. Spot-fest's can be fun. Just because Jim Corrnet doesn't like that style doesn't mean it's not entertaining. Besides Wrestlemania (Which was great this year btw) I can't really do the WWE anymore. I was born in 1980 and watched from about 85 to 2001 (off and on in the 90's) then picked it up from around 2008 until about 2014.

I still have the WWE network for docs and older content, listen to a few bits of podcasts once and awhile, enjoy the history and shoot interviews, and catch Lucha Underground here and there; but I just haven't been able to get into the WWE's current product for several years now.
They’ve got the most stacked roster they’ve ever had right now, but the whole thing is just homogenized to an absurd degree.

Cornette is an out of touch carny. I'll watch a WSX show any day over the purist serious pro wrestling stuff. Teddy Hart never played the game, which is why he never became a superstar. He's like New Jack. Too real to make big money.

Teddy beat up a UFC fighter in a shoot fight.

Speaking of WSX do any of you guys remember this shit? If I had to describe it, It was kind of like a mix of ECW and Lucha Underground. It only lasted one season, but all of the episodes are on youtube.

Yea I loved that show
That was the first time I ever saw Teddy and all I remember about him was that he refused to sell for everyone in a battle royal
I had never heard the words work rate or psychology or selling or any of that stuff back then but I just remember thinking "Wow that guy just keeps popping back up no matter what they do, what an asshole" lol

Back