Werdum should get the winner of Ngannou vs Stipe

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Werdum is 3-1 after losing to Stipe & that loss to Overeem was quite controversial. Draw would have been a better result, but then it is what it is. He, along with Overeem is one of the active heavyweights right now & doesn't have much time left. So would love to see him getting another shot at the title & then ride off into the sunset regardless win or loss.

Last edited:
I thought he looked bad against low level Tybura that he just faced and went the distance. Guy was tough but Stipe or Ngannou rek dat fool

Last edited:
I guess. I bet a lot of smaller guys like Ferguson, Colby, Rockhold would love to see Werdum vs Ngannou.

Well to be honest why not there's not a lot of options at heavyweight

Rematch against Cain, winner gets a title shot?

Rematch against Cain, winner gets a title shot?

That would be a huge disservice to Werdum. From Cain's last fight to present day Werdum has already fought 4 times. So I don't think Werdum should take this title eliminator. In this way you would be rewarding Cain for his inactivity while all the work Werdum has done after losing his belt will go in vain. Besides Cain already took a huge chunk of prime years from Werdum because of his injury. UFC have booked this match 5 times & only one time it came to fruition. He wasted a large part of Werdum's prime years because of him pulling out from this fight for 4 times. So I don't want to see Werdum getting stalled because of Cain again.

I guess. I bet a lot of smaller guys like Ferguson, Colby, Rockhold would love to see Werdum vs Ngannou.

Fergie and Colby would be round at Lukes place for beers and pizza that night!

I honestly think Cain should be treated almost as if he were just entering the UFC and fight a top 15 to 20 HW.

He beat Travis Browne over a year ago and Travis is 0-4 in his last 4 fights.

Before that, Cain lost to Werdum a couple of years ago.

Before that? A win over JDS way back in 2013.

Cain should have to win 5 fights within a time frame before getting a title shot.

I agree: Werdum has one or two good fights left. He's high in the rankings: if we want the very best fight, Werdum ASAP is a good option.

In one year werdum is done.....

Barring an unexpected Cain comeback, who else would it be?

Exactly.

I honestly think Cain should be treated almost as if he were just entering the UFC and fight a top 15 to 20 HW.

He beat Travis Browne over a year ago and Travis is 0-4 in his last 4 fights.

Before that, Cain lost to Werdum a couple of years ago.

Before that? A win over JDS way back in 2013.

Cain should have to win 5 fights within a time frame before getting a title shot.
5 fights would take Cain 10 years to accomplish

Back