Werdum is helping RDA going into the fight.

Do not call RDA's striking "sloppy", what an outrageous exaggeration. What is wrong with some of you people? If RDA's striking is sloppy, we have no words to describe the truly sloppy fighters out there. Conor's striking is on another level compared to RDA but that does not make RDA in any way sloppy or a bad striker. Are some of you just that desperate to use Conor's phrases that you speak complete lies? The percentage of people on the whole roster who could even compete with Conor's skill on the feet might be less than 5%, that doesn't make everyone else bad.
I'm not calling him sloppy, I'm calling him sloppy in comparison to Conor's striking. RDA is a very good striker but he just doesn't have the technique of Conor.

The second example he didn't have Cerrone hurt when he threw that combination. If you look at his fights he always has his hands down when he throws hooks. If you actually paid attention to the fights you know he is quite wild with his punching, and often the reason he is succesful is because he has been able to back fighters into the fence.

And if you were paying attention, you'd realize that most of his offense from striking range is kicking. He throws heavy kicks to the legs and to the body. He doesn't really punch unless his opponent is off balance or out of position. But stick with that whole "if you were paying attention" argument.

I think it is smart that they have ConOr taking shots at Werdum and Werdum responding.

It takes the mind games off of RDA so he can concentrate on the fight and allows him to go into with a cool head.
"They" don't have Conor taking shots at anyone. Unless you mean that Werdum backed out of his title fight just so Conor would insult him... Conor's just doing what he does. He called Luke Rockhold a "bum" before 194. Didn't work out to well for Jose

And if you were paying attention, you'd realize that most of his offense from striking range is kicking. He throws heavy kicks to the legs and to the body. He doesn't really punch unless his opponent is off balance or out of position. But stick with that whole "if you were paying attention" argument.
His kicks are his strongest point, but often he charges in with big shots as a way to close the distance. Watch the Pettis fight, if he was fighting a good boxer he would have got caught rushing in like he did.

oR34CER.png

ChristopherBday4-18.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/im14andthisisfunny/

His kicks are his strongest point, but often he charges in with big shots as a way to close the distance. Watch the Pettis fight, if he was fighting a good boxer he would have got caught rushing in like he did.

He wasn't rushing in. He was cutting Pettis off. He had a really awkward stance in that fight, almost sideways on to Pettis, so that he could step to where Pettis was going. He was using those punches to stop Pettis, and Pettis couldn't get set to a distance he was comfortable at. I don't think he will try to press McGregor as aggressively as he did Pettis though. He'd get in trouble doing that.

He wasn't rushing in. He was cutting Pettis off. He had a really awkward stance in that fight, almost sideways on to Pettis, so that he could step to where Pettis was going. He was using those punches to stop Pettis, and Pettis couldn't get set to a distance he was comfortable at. I don't think he will try to press McGregor as aggressively as he did Pettis though. He'd get in trouble doing that.
That's the point I'm making. He can't afford to do that against Conor because he'd get caught coming in, but the ability to press someone like that is often how he sets up his takedowns. He needs to keep to a kicking range and work Conor's legs and body. If it comes to him trading punches with Conor I think it's an early night for him.

I'm not calling him sloppy, I'm calling him sloppy in comparison to Conor's striking. RDA is a very good striker but he just doesn't have the technique of Conor.
Right, that wasn't made too clear. The post seemed to have a dismissive tone towards everyone not named McGregor with regards to striking which was unexpected given that you're one of the few other McGregor fans around here that don't completely embarrass themselves with every post. My mistake.

That's the point I'm making. He can't afford to do that against Conor because he'd get caught coming in, but the ability to press someone like that is often how he sets up his takedowns. He needs to keep to a kicking range and work Conor's legs and body. If it comes to him trading punches with Conor I think it's an early night for him.

Conor isn't really a punch trader either. Dos Anjos is a pretty Technical fighter. So is Conor. People expecting a fast paced, wild brawl are going to be disappointed.

Right, that wasn't made too clear. The post seemed to have a dismissive tone towards everyone not named McGregor with regards to striking which was unexpected given that you're one of the few other McGregor fans around here that don't completely embarrass themselves with every post. My mistake.
I can see where that may have been taken out of context, my original post I compared the two but the posts under it would have looked like I was just slandering RDA. Anyone who has spoken to me knows that I think this is the hardest matchup for Conor outside of Khabib.

I don't see it changing much. RDA's standup is already too sloppy to challenge Conor's and if he can't get him down it will be a bad night for Dos Anjos.
What if he can get him to the ground? Could be a bad night for Conor and the rest of his nut huggers.

Conor isn't really a punch trader either. Dos Anjos is a pretty Technical fighter. So is Conor. People expecting a fast paced, wild brawl are going to be disappointed.
Conor loves trading in the pocket actually, which is pretty funny considering he's known as a rangey fighter. I agree, this won't be a brawl but it could well be a tactical non stop fight.

I've said it before and ill say it again- i want to see Conor beat more than anyone but he seems to have an answer for Miay Thai and Dos Anjos is as classic muay thai as it comes. It worries me.

However, Conor always keeps his hands so low and is easy to hit. His right hand was so low during the Aldo fight he got cracked square with a shot from an unconcious dude. Hopelly RDA's brawls can take advantage of tha

What if he can get him to the ground? Could be a bad night for Conor and the rest of his nut huggers.
Hence why I put "If he can't get him to the ground." Read first before replying/

Conor loves trading in the pocket actually, which is pretty funny considering he's known as a rangey fighter. I agree, this won't be a brawl but it could well be a tactical non stop fight.

I think it's going to be kind of a spot fight, if you know what I mean. Dos Anjos is going to look to land that heavy body kick, and Conor is going to look to land something over the top. the fact that they're both lefties is going to throw them both off as well

I can see where that may have been taken out of context, my original post I compared the two but the posts under it would have looked like I was just slandering RDA. Anyone who has spoken to me knows that I think this is the hardest matchup for Conor outside of Khabib.
We're in agreement there.

I've said it before and ill say it again- i want to see Conor beat more than anyone but he seems to have an answer for Miay Thai and Dos Anjos is as classic muay thai as it comes. It worries me.

However, Conor always keeps his hands so low and is easy to hit. His right hand was so low during the Aldo fight he got cracked square with a shot from an unconcious dude. Hopelly RDA's brawls can take advantage of tha
No he is not..... No one in MMA is Muay Thai..... MMA striking is MMA striking.... but is more similar to Dutch.

No he is not..... No one in MMA is Muay Thai..... MMA striking is MMA striking.... but is more similar to Dutch.
Did you see his stance against Cowboy? Doesn't get any nore classic muay thai than that. And Rafael Cordeiro is from Chute Box, that's as muay thai of mma striking as it gets.

Back