Well, Kayla is probably a No-Go

I think anyone on this planet who likes getting hit in the face is either lying or has some sort of brain damage.

Granted, but if someone is verbalizing it like that it usually means they can't deal with even the minimal level needed to compete in the sport. You don't have to actually "like" it. You just have to be willing to put up with some level of it to compete.

I think anyone on this planet who likes getting hit in the face is either lying or has some sort of brain damage.

That isn't really the point. Some people simply either can't handle it, or react incredibly bad for their own safety in the context of a fight. Take for instance someone like Chris Leben, and compare them to someone like Brock Lesnar. Nobody "likes" getting hit in the face, but Brock definitely doesn't like getting hit in the face.

She is already saying that she doesn't like getting hit in the face. And she has probably only been hit with 12 ounce sparring gloves.

"I found out i dont like getting hit in the face. I don't know what im going to do about that...I guess not get hit"

The 145 division was probably a mistake anyway. Who wants to pay money to see Cyborg beat on anonymous women in lopsided matches? a 125 division would have made more commercial sense.

20 minutes? Jesus christ

LOL yah always thought it was dumb how people said "Brock doesn't like to get hit".

The only person who might actually like it is Diego Sanchez.

I actually kind of like it tbh lol. I don't like getting put to sleep with punches which has happened to me before too but the actual getting a scrap and throwing down is fun. Getting KO'ed doesn't even really hurt it's just really weird when the last thing you remember is being standing up and then looking upward at someone. One of the worst injuries I ever got was breaking my orbital bone but I didn't get KO'ed there. That sure hurt but a day later. Broke my hand too. Many other times I got into a fight though I frankly just had good fun. Usually it was broken up before anything serious happened one way or the other.

Is she done with the Olympics?

Yep, she has a contract with the world series of fighting. Right now as a commentator, and later on if she decides to fight, as a fighter. She says if she decides to her first fight should be next year sometime.

Granted, but if someone is verbalizing it like that it usually means they can't deal with even the minimal level needed to compete in the sport. You don't have to actually "like" it. You just have to be willing to put up with some level of it to compete.

She not only said it in the beginning of the clip, but when she receives a question later on asking her what her fears are, she lists "getting hit in the face" right alongside disappointing the people that she loves.

No go, or no gi?

She should head to Abu Dhabi and enter the grappling tournaments. Make some money that way.

Shit, no one enjoys getting hit. But if you can at least take the punch and still carry out your game plan your fine and that is what you need to be comfortable with.

She definitely isn't a looker, yeeesshhhh. There goes like 3/4 of her marketability out the window.

She definitely isn't a looker, yeeesshhhh. There goes like 3/4 of her marketability out the window.

Eh, id disagree, personality can make up for a lot; and she has a sparkling personality which i thimk os marketable . She has already been getting a fair amount of attention just as an Olympian. But i dont think her recent admission makes a solid career in MMA plausible for her. Especially since she was unwise enough to a actually say it publicly :/

Back