Weight loss/Fitness gurus chime in

Nononononotorious

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So i was always the fat kid in elementary and middle school, then finally decided to do something about it freshman year of high school.

I lost around 100 pounds in 7 months and went from 245 to 150, mostly through lots of exercise (football, boxing and weight lifting) and eating chicken salads and some fasting.

After high school, I got comfortable with a relationship and work and lost my dedication to the lifestyle, and gained all of it back and then some.

Couldn't take it anymore and got back into the lifestyle early this year, and this time the weight is staying off for good.

At my heaviest early 2017 I was around 260. As of this morning I am 205 dry.

I am on the keto diet, and have consistently eaten around 1500 calories per day (i weigh everything i eat with a digital scale) with no cheating in order to lose the weight I've lost to this point.

My birthday and vacation is in september, and I'd love nothing more to be shredded for the beach.

I'd like to get down to around 160-165, and after calculations, I'd need to lose around 2 pounds per week until my birthday, which would equate to a caloric deficit of a little more than 1000 calories per day.

For my size, my basal metabolic rate doing nothing is 2000 calories per day. I have been consistently cutting 500 calories per day, plus road biking/hitting the bag 3 to 4 times a week for an extra 300-500 calories per day deficit when I train in addition to the -500 from the diet alone.

My question is - i have heard that your body will eventually get used to your calorie intake, and slowly but surely my 1500 calorie daily intake will become my basal metabolic rate, and I will need to decrease the calories by 200 calories to counteract that and continue to lose weight until my body gets used to that.

Meaning if I immediately cut another 500 for a total of a dietary deficit of 1000, then my body's basal metabolic rate will become 1000 and then I will have to stoop to super low caloric daily intakes of less than 1000 and eventually 500 (basically starving) and I will be screwing myself by doing this in hopes of a quick loss.

1500 calories is just enough food to where I don't feel hungry, but eating less than 1000 would be tough, I can't even imagine 500 per day.

So is the slow cutting of calories to continually trick my body's response to the reduction of calories the way to go and lose the weight a little slower? Or is that all BS and your body maintains a steady basal metabolic rate and I can safely cut the necessary 1000 calories per day to get shredded by September and not screw up my hormones and gains thus far.

Any advice is much appreciated inadvance.

you should throw a bit of fasting In there.

daily Intermittent fasting and a few 24-48 hour fasts.

I may not be the best person to answer this particular question. I think your caloric Intake Is fine though. Just keep doing what you're doing, 4 months Is plenty of time to drop that weight.

I would say the best thing you can do Is optimize your training regimine. Throw some weight lifting In there and some HIIT / fasting for good measure.

If you haven't started Intermittent fasting would be a good thing to look Into. Specifically eating all your calories before 5pm has been shown to be the most optimal for dropping body fat.

Grats on ur progress so far tho and good luck

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/circadian-rhytms-fasting-17/

Back