Weight gain

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by greymetaldog, Feb 7, 2017.

1. greymetaldog Yellow Belt

greymetaldog
    Of course I'm looking in other places too, just checking if anyone here knows a good way to gain a lot of healthy weight. I'm sitting about 25 pounds below my target, need to gain that with minimal fat added. Diet ideas? I currently run a lot, and do a lot of cardio exercise, should I cut down on that and lift more? What type of lifting specifically? Thanks in advance.

2. Bulkhead White Belt

Bulkhead
    Make muscles. Eat more. Eat Healthy. Add a snack like Oatmeal with yogurt at night and keep adding other snacks as needed. Maybe cut down cardio time a little. Squat, bench press, and deadlifts; nothing else for now.

Since I don't know your goal besides "25lbs and healthy weight" use http://symmetricstrength.com/ Just input your numbers, see what it says you're lacking; if you agree with what the program says focus on that.

greymetaldog likes this.
  3. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    Work out your TDEE, eat +500 calories and lift lots of heavy stuff, then repeat.

greymetaldog likes this.
  4. greymetaldog Yellow Belt

greymetaldog
    Thanks for the replies guys, my current weight is 130, looking to make about 160 to before maaaaaybe starting to do amateur mma. So yeah, I need MUSCLE and um, whatever else fighters need. I guess a cool nickname?

5. M0ller White Belt

M0ller
    Eat 4 meals, breakfast, lunch 1 and lunch 2, dinner. Snack before bed. Good with meat veggies, healthy fat and carbs before and after workout. if you havent gained from monday to monday, up the portion.

6. Pope Leo VII Green Belt

Pope Leo VII
    eat more?

gomad?

7. Codger Brown Belt

Codger
    The only way to gain weight without gaining much fat is to build muscle obviously.

The way to build muscle without gaining loads of fat is weight training whilst eating a slight calorie surplus with sufficient protein.

Gaining 25 pounds of mostly muscle will take quite a while.

If you don't know where to start, buy this book and follow it:

if you do loads of cardio then you'll need to eat a fair bit more than most people just to stay level.