Weapons n Tactics Motorcycle Thread

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
So I bought myself a new used motorcycle: 2006 CBR 1000R.

06cbr1000rr_zpsyncdb7aq.jpg

bike_zpsszz4ploz.jpg

So far so good, Still working through some Fit issues:

VZM.IMG_20170117_135443_zps419svxht.jpg

Got some swell new foot pegs 1'3/4 lower than stock,(big difference)

VZM.IMG_20170121_113534_zpssrmqyvym.jpg

VZM.IMG_20170121_113309_zpsf3r13sym.jpg

Need an inch higher seat and a taller windscreen. Maybe higher bars, maybe not. Still need to get a realy motorcycle jacket, not the endure jacket I been wearing.

Still unresolved is the Lack of trunk space on this turkey. (a Honda with no Trunk Space!) Any which way I cram my Philippine 45 in there the lid never closes. It blows to have to carry the gun.

VZM.IMG_20170116_205956_zps2mw5ecp5.jpg

Can't use a tank bag, could get ripped off. Marking it as a negative against the Bike. Thanks Honda! Have you're engineers fix this shit!

honda%20soichiro.jpg

Acceleration is probably the most enjoyable aspect about the bike so far. 450lbs, 152 horsepower. In 6th gear this bike pulls like 3rd or 4th on my previous such bikes. (17 years ago) Consequently I've been going right to 6th and riding it like an automatic transmission. Really haven't ridden that fast though. Been touring mostly acclimating to the "smallish" size of the bike.

I tried 4th gear yesterday. Too many peeps on the road for a proper speed run these days so I was entering corners slow, gassing only after I could see the exit.

It's nice though, would go from 80 to 120 pulling thru a sweeper in about 2.5 seconds, and almost lifting the front end in the process. I'm so big on this bike, sitting us is like throwing out the parachute brake.

It was mesmerizing how good it pulled though. Probably everything I would have wanted in a bike back in my fast riding days.

Such a pleasure.

My consciousness is a bit slow, at the moment it takes nearly all my focus just to accelerate and stay online in the corner. Not much room for much else. Back in the day it was normal to cruise back roads at 100mph+ hit breaking points and turn-ins and still notice everything around, and even watch for the police.

At the moment I feel like 90mph is very fast, so I'm mostly poodling around at 65, like an old man!

Cliffs:

New bike.

No Trunk Space!

So I bought myself a new used motorcycle: 2006 CBR 1000R.

06cbr1000rr_zpsyncdb7aq.jpg

bike_zpsszz4ploz.jpg

So far so good, Still working through some Fit issues:

VZM.IMG_20170117_135443_zps419svxht.jpg

Got some swell new foot pegs 1'3/4 lower than stock,(big difference)

VZM.IMG_20170121_113534_zpssrmqyvym.jpg

VZM.IMG_20170121_113309_zpsf3r13sym.jpg

Need an inch higher seat and a taller windscreen. Maybe higher bars, maybe not. Still need to get a realy motorcycle jacket, not the endure jacket I been wearing.

Still unresolved is the Lack of trunk space on this turkey. (a Honda with no Trunk Space!) Any which way I cram my Philippine 45 in there the lid never closes. It blows to have to carry the gun.

VZM.IMG_20170116_205956_zps2mw5ecp5.jpg

Can't use a tank bag, could get ripped off. Marking it as a negative against the Bike. Thanks Honda! Have you're engineers fix this shit!

honda%20soichiro.jpg

Acceleration is probably the most enjoyable aspect about the bike so far. 450lbs, 152 horsepower. In 6th gear this bike pulls like 3rd or 4th on my previous such bikes. (17 years ago) Consequently I've been going right to 6th and riding it like an automatic transmission. Really haven't ridden that fast though. Been touring mostly acclimating to the "smallish" size of the bike.

I tried 4th gear yesterday. Too many peeps on the road for a proper speed run these days so I was entering corners slow, gassing only after I could see the exit.

It's nice though, would go from 80 to 120 pulling thru a sweeper in about 2.5 seconds, and almost lifting the front end in the process. I'm so big on this bike, sitting us is like throwing out the parachute brake.

It was mesmerizing how good it pulled though. Probably everything I would have wanted in a bike back in my fast riding days.

Such a pleasure.

My consciousness is a bit slow, at the moment it takes nearly all my focus just to accelerate and stay online in the corner. Not much room for much else. Back in the day it was normal to cruise back roads at 100mph+ hit breaking points and turn-ins and still notice everything around, and even watch for the police.

At the moment I feel like 90mph is very fast, so I'm mostly poodling around at 65, like an old man!

Cliffs:

New bike.

No Trunk Space!
Nice bike man, I really like the CBRs, good luck with it & stay safe! Ive been meaning to get a new bike. Ive always wanted a 2005-2006 636 Ninja so this might be the year I finally do it.

Nice bike. I have an '07 600 that I bought years back. After 2 riding seasons, I definitely wanted a liter bike. I just IWB carry. If I kept a pistol under the seat, it would be too much of a pain in the ass to get to it and take way too long.

k9x64n.jpg

Nice bike man, I really like the CBRs, good luck with it & stay safe! Ive been meaning to get a new bike. Ive always wanted a 2005-2006 636 Ninja so this might be the year I finally do it.

It seems to me the motorcycle industry is in the can. Dealers are marking new bikes down-down. Used bikes have so little resale value. Fellow I bought this bike from paid $12K new, to effectively store it for 10 years so I could buy it at $4600. Aside from the sitting part bike looks and acts like it just rolled out of the showroom. Had 6000 miles on it, I've already put 1200 more. Its a great time and a buyers market. You can get great stuff very inexpensively.

This is prolly gonna sound like old goon ranting but:
I feel sport bikes in general are becoming victims of their own success. My CBR is quite overboard for the street, and its two evolutions behind the shit they have now. They'll probably be dinosaurs in 10 years.

People aren't driving/riding centric like they used to be. When I grew up My brother wanted a big engine Hot Rod Street Car and I wanted a fast motorcycle. ( I was the cheapskate) Nowadays people don't really drive, everyone is fart with a phone, flipping somebody off, jacking with the car radio and watching movies: All instead of driving. They're oblivious and arbitrary.

Most wouldn't know what to do with performance if they had it. Consequently, all the sales seem to be going to cbr500s and 350s n such. They look just as cool as the litre bike on the video game on the I-phone, so that's all people want anymore. Goto an auto show and its as much about autonomous driving mobiles as anything. Everyone just wants to veg out I guess.

Times are different.

Sure do love me some horsepower though.

Nice bike. I have an '07 600 that I bought years back. After 2 riding seasons, I definitely wanted a liter bike. I just IWB carry. If I kept a pistol under the seat, it would be too much of a pain in the ass to get to it and take way too long.

k9x64n.jpg

That's nice. Those things are as fast as the litre stuff used to be back in the 90s. I've got this bonehead nephew who was looking at one of those: as a first ever motorcycle! I told him, why don't you just buy a bottle of nitroglycerin and shake it, you'll get it over with quicker!

Can you imagine? This is a Kid who when I bought him an XR70 years ago for his birthday screamed and ran off! Now he's got some imbecile friends who've given him the hots for a sport bike. Everything I been trying to tell him goes in one ear and out the other.

I think the trouble lies in the fact you can't talk sense to someone who has never experienced what horsepower is, and has no utter clue. it's like this:

ginger.jpg

It seems to me the motorcycle industry is in the can. Dealers are marking new bikes down-down. Used bikes have so little resale value. Fellow I bought this bike from paid $12K new, to effectively store it for 10 years so I could buy it at $4600. Aside from the sitting part bike looks and acts like it just rolled out of the showroom. Had 6000 miles on it, I've already put 1200 more. Its a great time and a buyers market. You can get great stuff very inexpensively.

This is prolly gonna sound like old goon ranting but:
I feel sport bikes in general are becoming victims of their own success. My CBR is quite overboard for the street, and its two evolutions behind the shit they have now. They'll probably be dinosaurs in 10 years.

People aren't driving/riding centric like they used to be. When I grew up My brother wanted a big engine Hot Rod Street Car and I wanted a fast motorcycle. ( I was the cheapskate) Nowadays people don't really drive, everyone is fart with a phone, flipping somebody off, jacking with the car radio and watching movies: All instead of driving. They're oblivious and arbitrary.

Most wouldn't know what to do with performance if they had it. Consequently, all the sales seem to be going to cbr500s and 350s n such. They look just as cool as the litre bike on the video game on the I-phone, so that's all people want anymore. Goto an auto show and its as much about autonomous driving mobiles as anything. Everyone just wants to veg out I guess.

Times are different.

Sure do love me some horsepower though.

I agree 100% when you say sport bikes are a victim of their own success. I've been riding since I was 15, and until recent years I always rode sport bikes. The jump in performance from like 2000-2016 is just insane. They've closed the performance gap between your off-the-showroom-floor street bike and a moto GP bike to the point where these things really just belong on tracks and nowhere else.

I only ride naked twins now (there's a joke in there somewhere).

Back