Weak shins and kicking low kicks in self defence. Good idea or not?

Nooob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's say you did a year in MT/kickboxing and have flexible legs. You know how to do low kicks and how to kick the outer/inner thigh BUT you still have weak shins.

If you're been threatened by an attacker and all he does is jab, jab and jab. Would you do a low kick or is it too risky for those with weaker shin? Does it matter when he probably won't lift his leg to block shin kicks or is it still risky even if he doesn't?

there are more options than just a roundhouse kick. there are straight line kicks such as the famous teep kick in thai boxing, or low sidekicks to the shin and knee cap. this way you wouldn't use your shin to attack but your foot/shoe, and sidekicking someone in the knee isnt that difficult nor does it require a lot of power to hurt someone's knees badly

it sounds like you're talking about a street situation. if he out jabs you throw finger jabs to his eyes and once you hit him once hard.... go in with a combination and finish it off. there are so many options besides a roundhouse kick if you afraid of injuring yourself.

what are your shins like anyway? does it seem like if you lightly bumped into a table corner/wall/metal bar you would hurt yourself a lot? have you ever bumped your shin into something on accident what did it feel like?

what are your shins like anyway? does it seem like if you lightly bumped into a table corner/wall/metal bar you would hurt yourself a lot? have you ever bumped your shin into something on accident what did it feel like?
It's pretty weak, it tend to hurt a lot when I bump my shin on someone's shin or a heavy bag when hitting hard. During low kick block techniques, I avoid my partner's shin and aim for their ankles

I was talking about these kind of low kicks, right to the thigh. Notice how opponents don't use their legs to block fast low kicks, I'm wondering how would it affect your leg in real life if the attacker has no clue how to block them?

Last edited:
I doubt many people will even know how to check a kick, much less have the reactions to do so. Google Phoenix Jones street fight.

Linear kicks are probably safer.

Back