We need soccer kicks to BUTT Scooting opponents.

jeff7b9

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Anyone who is INTENTIONALLY making themselves a downed opponent should not be protected from any strikes.

Knees, soccer kicks & stomps to the head, soccer kicks to the balls, whatever.

Also if Jon Jones does that drag his hand on the ground shit, it should 100% be legal and encouraged to kick him in the face.

agree. hell last night in denver colorado ONE fc had rules to allow knees to a downed opponent. so this isnt an american standardized ruleset we are following here. its a UFC thing. its stupid, just like the 12-6 elbow.

And maybe you can be on direct dial to let them know if it's an INTENTIONAL downer or not.

How would you soccer kick a butt scooter in a way that isn’t different from what they can do now?

agree. hell last night in denver colorado ONE fc had rules to allow knees to a downed opponent. so this isnt an american standardized ruleset we are following here. its a UFC thing. its stupid, just like the 12-6 elbow.
I was thinking the same thing tho the event was in Colorado… the first state to relegalize weed. Are grounded knees the new weed? If ONEFC wanted to go to somewhere like New York, would they be forced to ban grounded knees till New York catches up in rule updates 10 years from now?

You can...

to the legs.

You're all fired up, I love it and totally agree.
Bad look for Jiu Jitsu .
It is a major pet peeve of mine when fighters hide behind loopholes in the rules.

Also, I watched OneFC last night with knees legal on the ground last night, so hat has me a little hyped up. It forces the ground game to be much more honest, rather than allowing sloppy shots with no repercussions.

There is very little reward for passing to north south when in reality that position should be a death sentence in a fight.

It's called ONEFC and their ruleset is much better than the UFC's
Amen.
Loved the show last night and I am glad that they seemed to have a very successful show for their USA debut.

Hopefully that means we see more OneFC USA and international shows.

I was thinking the same thing tho the event was in Colorado… the first state to relegalize weed. Are grounded knees the new weed? If ONEFC wanted to go to somewhere like New York, would they be forced to ban grounded knees till New York catches up in rule updates 10 years from now?

if grounded knees are the new weed. im in. and it is an only colorado thing. the UFC has considered blacklisting colorado because of this. UFCs "way or the highway"..... colorado also allows 12-6 elbows if allowed by promoters ruleset.

good read here. explains some things.
https://combatsportslaw.com/2021/07...ees-to-grounded-opponents-coming-to-colorado/

How would you soccer kick a butt scooter in a way that isn’t different from what they can do now?

uh... in the head.

If you're butt scooting, you generally have legs to opponent... When your opponent moves, you swivel....

kind of like when someone tries to punch your head you get out of the way lol. there are times the strike gets through wouldn't you agree.

Not from the butt scoot position.
It happened all the time in Pride. Maybe you think that "in theory" you can defend it from that position but "in theory" you can dodge any punch and never get hit. It doesn't work like that in practice.

Watch fights from that time. They grab a leg, move it to one side and then side step and throw a low kick to the head. Or they time the kick when they are moving the butt forward. Or they simply side step and land it before the other guy can swivel because they are really fast or caught them by surprise. It's just a very vulnerable position to be in with those rules.

That said, soccer kicks are not the nuclear weapon that people in here are so scared of. I never saw anyone get knocked out by a soccer kick from that position. It's simply not as "free" to do as it is in the UFC, but that's all.

Back