We gun run it back

Henry Venda

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is the most annoying repeated term and set of fights I have seen in recent history.

Talking down to the level of the tv show host who spurred Tyron on with her ghetto talk "you ready, you gun run it back"

We gun run it back. We bout to run it back.

'it is what it is' annoys me more.

frequently it isnt.

Woodley has a penchant for saying "with that being said" which is slightly irritating.

"it is what it is" is the most frequent one and used all round. But no one uses it more than Holloway.

This is the most annoying repeated term and set of fights I have seen in recent history.

Talking down to the level of the tv show host who spurred Tyron on with her ghetto talk "you ready, you gun run it back"

We gun run it back. We bout to run it back.

When he talked about 'Going Ferguson' (the place) I take it it's a shit hole that is full of gangsters?

Does that make sense, though?

'it is what it is' annoys me more.

frequently it isnt.
There's no way that it frequently isn't, "it is what it is" is a statement that is always technically true. No matter how you present something, it will always be what it is.

There's no way that it frequently isn't, "it is what it is" is a statement that is always technically true. No matter how you present something, it will always be what it is.
"Jones is the goat" - it isn't what it is

"Who is the greatest of all time?"

GSP: "Fedor."
Silva:"Fedor"
Aldo: "Fedor."
Cain: "Fedor."
Mike Tyson: "Fedor."
Brazil:"Fedor"
etc.
etc.
etc.

Butthurt Sherdoggers: "I know better!"

"Jones is the goat" - it isn't what it is

"Who is the greatest of all time?"

GSP: "Fedor."
Silva:"Fedor"
Aldo: "Fedor."
Cain: "Fedor."
Mike Tyson: "Fedor."
Brazil:"Fedor"
etc.
etc.
etc.

Butthurt Sherdoggers: "I know better!"
I meant it more so when they say it describing something, like getting caught with a punch or having a boring fight. If you follow up an opinion with "it is what it is" then that means nothing other than your opinion is what it is.

I meant it more so when they say it describing something, like getting caught with a punch or having a boring fight. If you follow up an opinion with "it is what it is" then that means nothing other than your opinion is what it is.
About as useful as saying "in my opinion " - course it's your fucking opinion, you're saying it!

About as useful as saying "in my opinion " - course it's your fucking opinion, you're saying it!
Absolutely, its one of those sayings people go to when they dont have anything to add. Generally only used by imbeciles who cant understand that an opinion is something formulated in their heads, not a universal truth.

You may be voicing a fact, or someone ele's point, or even you may think of something as a fact while it is just an opinion. Saying "in my opinion" can clarify that sort of situations.

Absolutely, its one of those sayings people go to when they dont have anything to add. Generally only used by imbeciles who cant understand that an opinion is something formulated in their heads, not a universal truth.
Disagree. "In my opinion" is often used to convey that the user doesn't think he's hot shit and expressing an opinion as if it's a fact. "In my opinion" is an important expression in English as so many people express their opinions as if they were facts, so it lets others know that the user is not one of THOSE assholes. Sometimes it's not necessary, true, but languages all around the world are filled with "softeners" as politeness and humility are considered virtues, and that extends to language.

Last edited:
Disagree. "In my opinion" is often used to convey that the user doesn't think he's hot shit and expressing an opinion as if it's a fact. "In my opinion" is an important expression in English as so many people express their opinions as if they were facts, so it lets others know that the user is not one of THOSE assholes.
Very true actually, I wasn't thinking of the context in which a regular person would use the phrase. On Sherdog "in my opinion" is generally used in place of "it is what it is"

Very true actually, I wasn't thinking of the context in which a regular person would use the phrase. On Sherdog "in my opinion" is generally used in place of "it is what it is"
Oh well, what're you gonna do. (Translation: It is what it is.)

It started as pick-up game basketball lingo but athletes just use it for anything now.

"GOAT"

Dude, you're 15 years old and have watched MMA for 3 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back