We are Barabbas. Matthew 27

colby25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Matthew 27:

Now it was the governor’s custom at the festival to release a prisoner chosen by the crowd. At that time they had a well-known prisoner whose name was Jesus Barabbas. So when the crowd had gathered, Pilate asked them, “Which one do you want me to release to you: Jesus Barabbas, or Jesus who is called the Messiah?” For he knew it was out of self-interest that they had handed Jesus over to him.

While Pilate was sitting on the judge’s seat, his wife sent him this message: “Don’t have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him.”

But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowd to ask for Barabbas and to have Jesus executed.

“Which of the two do you want me to release to you?” asked the governor.

“Barabbas,” they answered.

“What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called the Messiah?” Pilate asked.

They all answered, “Crucify him!”

“Why? What crime has he committed?” asked Pilate.

But they shouted all the louder, “Crucify him!”

When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “It is your responsibility!”

All the people answered, “His blood is on us and on our children!”

Then he released Barabbas to them. But he had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.

**transcript***

We see the story of Jesus going to the cross and everything seems to kind of be going hand and hand then there's one character that seems to interupt the narrative his name is Barrabbas.

We don't even know much about him except that he is a murderer, leader of an insurection and a rebel. Why he's even metioned sometimes i'm not so sure. It's like this is about Jesus going to the cross so in this moment Pilate thinks "I hold the destinies of these two men in my hand. I know the Jews have a tradition that on a holy day- I will release one of the prisoners on death row."

PIlate stands on this audacious stage who now presents Jesus, son of the LIVING God, vs Barabbas, the thug and rebel.

"Alright who do you want?" says Pilate.

THIS IS BLASPHEMY. This is GONE too far. There's no comparison. This is the rightful prisoner. A man who should be on death row. He's a REBEL against wrong. He leads a rebellion. He murders people! He's a bad man. He's a thug! He's a crook! He deserves the chains and he deserves the Crucifixion.

Jesus what has he done but heal? Restore, deliver, set free, opened blind eyes, deaf ears, heal the lame and the leper. What has Jesus done?

Who do you want?

"We want Barabbas! Yeah give us Barabbas! Say give us Barrabbas!"

the Roman soldiers just come up and they put the key in and unlocked Barabbas from his chains and shackles and he walks down the platform welcomed by all of his thug friends. "YEAH the people love me. Yeah that's I don't know who this Jesus guy is but all i know is my people love me."

There seems to be no conscience in Barabbas. There's no record of Him turn Jesus and, "I owe you everything now for you have set me free."

NO.

No you don't see any of that in Barabbas. God knew that Jesus stood there silent for he knew the will of the Father. He said, "it's fine Father, let them have Barabbas."

For Jesus knew that the Father would have to treat Jesus like Barabbas so he could treat Barabbas like Jesus. Barabbas though it was the people that set him free.

NO NO NO NO .

It was the LOVE of a heavenly Father that set him free. When i look at the story, I realize who Barabbas really is.

That's me.

That's you.

That's us.

I felt like i was reading this the other day and God said, "I love Barabbas, I love him."

But God He's a bad man.

"I love him, I wanted him to go free"

But didn't you that he'd probably would have never acknowledged the free gift- "YEah, But I love Barabbas."

"For while we were still sinners Christ died for us."

God sent his son for Barabbas even the one he knew would walk away from Jesus and His free gift and never come back.

Romans 5:8

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Last edited:
1426076057339.jpg

There are many Biblical characters that are clear metaphors for the believer. Barabbas is a great example. Another one I always enjoyed is Gomer, Hosea's wife. A powerful story when read in this context.

There are many Biblical characters that are clear metaphors for the believer. Barabbas is a great example. Another one I always enjoyed is Gomer, Hosea's wife. A powerful story when read in this context.

Funny enough this guy actually has a sermon on Hosea correlating to exactly what you said. Pretty decent I'll post it when I get a chance

thought about naming the dog Hosea.

Hosea good boy? Hosea good boy?

The new testament was created by Rome to pacify the people. Make them soft. The entire new testament is BS. Jesus is fictional, based on Egyptian mythology.

The new testament was created by Rome to pacify the people. Make them soft. The entire new testament is BS. Jesus is fictional, based on Egyptian mythology.

You do realize most secular historians/scientists even believe Jesus existed.

Our calendars- how we tell years is even determined on the time that Jesus existed here on earth. You're in denial man.

Matthew 27:

Now it was the governor’s custom at the festival to release a prisoner chosen by the crowd. At that time they had a well-known prisoner whose name was Jesus Barabbas. So when the crowd had gathered, Pilate asked them, “Which one do you want me to release to you: Jesus Barabbas, or Jesus who is called the Messiah?” For he knew it was out of self-interest that they had handed Jesus over to him.

While Pilate was sitting on the judge’s seat, his wife sent him this message: “Don’t have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him.”

But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowd to ask for Barabbas and to have Jesus executed.

“Which of the two do you want me to release to you?” asked the governor.

“Barabbas,” they answered.

“What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called the Messiah?” Pilate asked.

They all answered, “Crucify him!”

“Why? What crime has he committed?” asked Pilate.

But they shouted all the louder, “Crucify him!”

When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “It is your responsibility!”

All the people answered, “His blood is on us and on our children!”

Then he released Barabbas to them. But he had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.

**transcript***

We see the story of Jesus going to the cross and everything seems to kind of be going hand and hand then there's one character that seems to interupt the narrative his name is Barrabbas.

We don't even know much about him except that he is a murderer, leader of an insurection and a rebel. Why he's even metioned sometimes i'm not so sure. It's like this is about Jesus going to the cross so in this moment Pilate thinks "I hold the destinies of these two men in my hand. I know the Jews have a tradition that on a holy day- I will release one of the prisoners on death row."

PIlate stands on this audacious stage who now presents Jesus, son of the LIVING God, vs Barabbas, the thug and rebel.

"Alright who do you want?" says Pilate.

THIS IS BLASPHEMY. This is GONE too far. There's no comparison. This is the rightful prisoner. A man who should be on death row. He's a REBEL against wrong. He leads a rebellion. He murders people! He's a bad man. He's a thug! He's a crook! He deserves the chains and he deserves the Crucifixion.

Jesus what has he done but heal? Restore, deliver, set free, opened blind eyes, deaf ears, heal the lame and the leper. What has Jesus done?

Who do you want?

"We want Barabbas! Yeah give us Barabbas! Say give us Barrabbas!"

the Roman soldiers just come up and they put the key in and unlocked Barabbas from his chains and shackles and he walks down the platform welcomed by all of his thug friends. "YEAH the people love me. Yeah that's I don't know who this Jesus guy is but all i know is my people love me."

There seems to be no conscience in Barabbas. There's no record of Him turn Jesus and, "I owe you everything now for you have set me free."

NO.

No you don't see any of that in Barabbas. God knew that Jesus stood there silent for he knew the will of the Father. He said, "it's fine Father, let them have Barabbas."

For Jesus knew that the Father would have to treat Jesus like Barabbas so he could treat Barabbas like Jesus. Barabbas though it was the people that set him free.

NO NO NO NO .

It was the LOVE of a heavenly Father that set him free. When i look at the story, I realize who Barabbas really is.

That's me.

That's you.

That's us.

I felt like i was reading this the other day and God said, "I love Barabbas, I love him."

But God He's a bad man.

"I love him, I wanted him to go free"

But didn't you that he'd probably would have never acknowledged the free gift- "YEah, But I love Barabbas."

"For while we were still sinners Christ died for us."

God sent his son for Barabbas even the one he knew would walk away from Jesus and His free gift and never come back.

Romans 5:8

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Cool story, bro.

Back