WBC Champ Chatchai Sasakul breaks down the hook

Jimmy Jazz

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

I'm not very good with hooks so I really enjoyed this. What do you think of this breakdown of the technique?

Can't watch it now, but this looks like a Sylvie video. She has a great youtube channel totally worth subscribing to.

Good video. Nice to see good boxing/punching fundamentals in MT, he seems like a good coach.

Nice to see good boxing fundamentals in MT

AHEM... Why you got to be this way? Do you see me bother you or sinister with kicking fundamentals? Will you please stay in your side of the yard? Thank you... It's hard enough we have to deal with our own traitors... if we also have your kind crossing over to our turf, it's going to be a huge mess...

AHEM... Why you got to be this way? Do you see me bother you or sinister with kicking fundamentals? Will you please stay in your side of the yard? Thank you... It's hard enough we have to deal with our own traitors... if we also have your kind crossing over to our turf, it's going to be a huge mess...
You have actually bothered me with kicking fundamentals already, thank you very much!

You were probably asking for it...

I love how he corrects her posture. But I am not sure if I like the jab. It needs a push a bit from the backfoot too according to what I have been studying lately. Almost like going on the toes of both legs.

I would like to ask Azade does legs need to be that spread from each other in order to check legs or you can close them to a shoulder level and still be effective in leg defence and attack?

guys so basically swinging the arm is letting the hook be far away from your body, but turning your shoulder back is ok?

guys so basically swinging the arm is letting the hook be far away from your body, but turning your shoulder back is ok?
He is not really turning the shoulder back, he is demonstrating Hip rotation which is why he is having her throw the right hand first, and then just having her do the hip rotation from throwing. The right hand to show an isolated view of loading the hip for the left hook. Showing that you don't need to reach/wind up for your hook to get power or range instead the hip rotation will accomplish that for you.
Watch Sinisters tile exercise vids. The exercise itself is designed to teach the student those fundamentals and build up the ability to rotate the hips. You can watch sins vids he teaches a basic tile exercise and it progress to include punching and then movement and punching.

Back