WB v Till- great technical fight

Longer? It was already 25 minutes lol. They both needed to commit at some point in the fight. Neither guy decided to pull the trigger, and this was the result.

If it was longer, we'd probably see a finish. Imagine if late career Mayweather fights were 25 minutes instead of 36.

If it was longer, we'd probably see a finish. Imagine if late career Mayweather fights were 25 minutes instead of 36.

Well yeah, there would have eventually been a finish. But it would have taken probably another more five rounds, because neither guy was close to being gassed, and neither guy was close to being hurt or to a finish. It was a weird fight in that regard.

The problem with Thompson is that hes a fast twitch counter striker who takes next to no risks. He's playing defense almost the entirety of the fight which is why you end up with these sparring sessions.

So the only way youre going to get any action out of him is if you blindly rush him with the most telegraphed shit. See his fight with pigg rigg.

It was a technical fight, but the word great doesn't belong.

Rory and Lawler 2 was a great technical striking match and also exciting as hell. No one being able to land doesn't automatically make it more technically sound than a fight where both fighters are lumped up and bleeding.

I enjoyed the fight for what it was and both are clearly great strikers but I think it's fair they get some criticsm for it being a boring fight, both were too reluctant to take any risks.

Sherdogger only prefer mindless brawling over a highly striking chess match
nar, real fight fans just like good fight. go watch boxing and tell me how excited the commentators get about slow technical fights. they don't, not even the fighters like technical displays without much action. it's usually the fan boys that have just taken up training that get excited over shit fights.

its why i always kinda wish they would just go with....

3 round fights -- get turned into a 2 round fight 1st-10min 2nd-5min and with the new scoring criteria always a chance for a 10-8 round to make the difference in a fight like it should. or its a draw and in many cases in those fights neither guys deserves a win bonus anyway.

5 round fights. -- into a 3 round fight. Two 10min rounds and the last 3rd round 5min.

i think that first of all with the longer rounds we would see more guys being finished. guys who gas would really fukn gas and it would help ground fighters and wrestlers get more finishes thus helping its popularity among casuals who dont already respect it already.

i think its would make scoring easier and have a less controversial differences.

and it would also push the fighters also in many ways. especially if they lost the 1st 10-8 they know basically they need a finish in the 2nd or they lose the fight like they should. or they knew they had to tie it up.

and if say 20% of 2 round fights ended in draws and neither guy got a win bonus you know damn well they would try to do more next fight.

just like they should.

idk id rather see some draws then there must be a winner attitude which invariable like the death penalty they can get it wrong once in awhile.

sucks for the guys who get screwed by the system.

I know a lot of people wanted a non stop slug fest but a lot of times when fighters are evenly matched it can end up very technical with a lot of feints and movement and counter strikes.

Sometimes you have to appreciate elite skill set which both displayed.

If you want to see slug feats go watch tank abbots old fights as MMA has evolved past those days.

These two would be great dodgeball players they showed great technique.

1. Dodge
2. Duck
3. Dip
4. Dive
5. Dodge

Last edited:
Back