WB Knew he would be robbed on the scorecards

Homervanderjaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Till was in his hometown which always influences the judges, especially with a cheer even when Till barely landed.

Overall I think WB edged it, the scorecards were a complete shambles. Was Adalaid Byrd scoring tonight...

Who did you have as the winner?

Idk what it is with UK fights specifically. Crazy.

I don’t sit there with a pen and paper, tallying points like all sherdoggers claim to do after a controversial decision. But I thought Thompson won rounds 2, 3, & 4. Maybe even round 1. Till didn’t do shit for the majority of the fight.

And I was really looking forward to being able to say Thompson has only been so successful because he’s much taller than most of his opponents. But really, he’s just damn good.

And I was really looking forward to being able to say Thompson has only been so successful because he’s much taller than most of his opponents. But really, he’s just damn good.
He wasn't much taller than Rory, Masvidal or Whittaker anyway. :p

It was a close fight. Neither way would have been a robbery, don't be so daft.

Yet he did as little as possible to make sure there wouldn’t be any controversy.

People say Till didn’t do anything ignore that Wonderboy did just as little, if only barely more. All the while backing up and running from engagements.

The judging criteria is also significant strikes and Octagon control. Till did those 2 things. Therefore Till wins.

I actually scored it for Till, but it was a pretty bad fight. You can make a case for either guy.

Reminds me of the Machida-Rampage decision. It's weird cus I scored that one for Machida, but this one for Till.

Guess I didn't think WB out struck Till as badly as everyone else seems to. The most damaging strikes of the fight were Till's leg kicks imo, other than one nice straight right WB landed in round 3 or 4 I didn't think any of his strikes did anything.

But that really did look like a sparring match, with either guy more worried about throwing high-fives than punches. Can't stand that shit.

I don’t sit there with a pen and paper, tallying points like all sherdoggers claim to do after a controversial decision. But I thought Thompson won rounds 2, 3, & 4. Maybe even round 1. Till didn’t do shit for the majority of the fight.

I had Thompson winning 1, 2, 3 and 4, simply because Till was doing nothing. The only reason I gave him the fifth was because of the knockdown.

Till was in his hometown which always influences the judges, especially with a cheer even when Till barely landed.

Overall I think WB edged it, the scorecards were a complete shambles. Was Adalaid Byrd scoring tonight...

Who did you have as the winner?
Good. I’m glad it stung. Should force him to go get it like he did after the back to back loses to Woodley

They had an extremely technical sparring match, that is just how it unfolded. It is flat out ridiculous to call it a robbery for either guy winning.

Till jacked up Wonderboy's legs, especially with the two heel-to-knee kicks, one which clearly buckled Thompson and we saw him forced to switch stances. There really wasn't any other notable significant strikes for each guy.

We get to round 5 and Till lands a knock down.

So we had a fight where very little happened, one guy did all the forward pressure 80% of the time and landed a knock down.

What is there really to argue about?

Back