Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh...weird. I don't know what happened. Appears to have been perma-deleted.

giphy.gif

I made a thread to celebrate my best friend @Overpressure and it was deleted ???

Could you guys at least be courteous and tell people when you delete stuff so I don't think I've lost my mind looking for it? And a reason would be nice.

It was all in good fun geepers

I made a thread to celebrate my best friend @Overpressure and it was deleted ???

Could you guys at least be courteous and tell people when you delete stuff so I don't think I've lost my mind looking for it? And a reason would be nice.

Oddly enough they ditched a thread I made for you a while back.
I don't think they got it though, and assumed it was a call out.
Shame, really, as it was the best thread ever.

whos better? this poster or this poster? those get deleted right away. we'd have nothing but those on the front page if we didnt get rid of them.

I hate to juxtapose two situations as I understand not everyone might be working with the same stuff at any given time, HOWEVER....
My thread theoretical McGregor vs Saenchai thread was moved almost immediately and essentially killed and in the same 2 hour period I noticed these threads in the very first page: new subforum for pre-2010 guys, Mousasi ostensibly affected by Trump's travel ban, Rashad's Shadface fan, McGregor Mayweather money vs UFC money, and, get this, McGregor's Rolls Royce being mobbed.

How can any of that be more UFC, or even FIGHT related than my matchup analysis?

I hate to juxtapose two situations as I understand not everyone might be working with the same stuff at any given time, HOWEVER....
My thread theoretical McGregor vs Saenchai thread was moved almost immediately and essentially killed and in the same 2 hour period I noticed these threads in the very first page: new subforum for pre-2010 guys, Mousasi ostensibly affected by Trump's travel ban, Rashad's Shadface fan, McGregor Mayweather money vs UFC money, and, get this, McGregor's Rolls Royce being mobbed.

How can any of that be more UFC, or even FIGHT related than my matchup analysis?
Technically, WL is for 'theoretical' anything - fantasy rankings, fighter X's perfect sparring partners, dream bouts or what have you; the threads you reference (silly or not) appeal to something actually happening in Middle Earth. Might depend on who dressed you up like a daffodil though...Mods are people too, just sayin'.

Technically, WL is for 'theoretical' anything - fantasy rankings, fighter X's perfect sparring partners, dream bouts or what have you; the threads you reference (silly or not) appeal to something actually happening in Middle Earth. Might depend on who dressed you up like a daffodil though...Mods are people too, just sayin'.

By that reasoning I don't see the need for the categorizations. If mods have some, at least some kind of cursory checklist, my thread would be viewed as 100 times more relevant than political discussions or off-the-wall stories with maybe one fighter name crammed into the title, for good measure.

Look I can play that game: "BREAKING: Chad Mendes reacts to protests of new Trump regulations taking place on February 4th affecting his hometown"

By that reasoning I don't see the need for the categorizations. If mods have some, at least some kind of cursory checklist, my thread would be viewed as 100 times more relevant than political discussions or off-the-wall stories with maybe one fighter name crammed into the title, for good measure.

Look I can play that game: "BREAKING: Chad Mendes reacts to protests of new Trump regulations taking place on February 4th affecting his hometown"
AC says off to WL with you in cases of:
  • Personal Ranking Threads (e.g. Here is my top 10 pound-for-pound rankings)
  • Betting Threads (e.g. I just put $100 on Anderson Silva) - There will be a thread for these.
  • Joke threads (e.g. Chuck Liddell with that look in his eyes vs. Motivated B.J. Penn)
  • Rehashed Topic Threads (e.g. Nick Diaz 1,3,5)
  • Chat threads (e.g. Which fighter would you want to go drinking with?)
Your thread could well have been more sincere than those that got to stay put, but it was by topic a projected one. Don't let it turn you into an old biddy. :D I know you want to hear from staff, so I'll bow out but just wanted to help if I could. The problem with having grievances against any of this is also the lay of the land:

Although these are the typical threads that get moved to The Wasteland, a thread may redirected there at a moderator's discretion for other reasons.

Not worth the tutting, mate. But sorry for your thread being iced.

Last edited:

Basically, the wasteland consists of the following: Pro Wrestling (other than PWD), Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc. The "etc" can include personal rankings (with a few exceptions), bet threads (except the one major thread for an event), joke threads, and at the end of the day it is at the discretion of the moderators.

As your theoretical matchup involving two fighters in two different sports who traditionally compete at different weight classes could never possibly happen, it was moved to the more appropriate location to discuss such matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back