Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 4

Just got a thread egregiously removed from heavies for posting this video

why the censorship? It doesnt go against any rule, the anonymous and snobby mod even arrogantly responded with a snarky "no it is not" (in reference to the thread title.

Does sherdog exist to accomodate the mods political povs or its members and freedom of speech?

Administrator please keep your woke mods on a leash. Last thing you want is for sherdog to get cancelled over something like this. It affirms the suspition that you are funded by the elite globalist anti humanitarian agenda

"Do not plead the first amendment and cite your right to free speech. It does not apply to the private sector. This is a privately owned website. Dancing around the rules, purposely skirting them just to see us twitch will not help you out much, either."

Cheering on the poor treatment of members of the MMA media is not a thread-worthy topic, especially since it was based on comments better suited for the War Room.

Can someone explain the criteria for the Mayberry lounge threads?

I have had multiple threads that had light hearted humor and intelligent discussion, with no flaming moved to the "off topic" board.

If light hearted humor and intelligent discussion are off topic in mayberry, then what is on topic? Why has the subtitle of the board not been changed then?

It really seems to me that threads get moved on a whim, not because they violate any rules.

I mean, we have had multiple threads of grown men playing with toys in mayberry but no one objects to that...

I have had multiple threads that had light hearted humor and intelligent discussion, with no flaming moved to the "off topic" board.

If light hearted humor and intelligent discussion are off topic in mayberry, then what is on topic? Why has the subtitle of the board not been changed then?

It really seems to me that threads get moved on a whim, not because they violate any rules.

I mean, we have had multiple threads of grown men playing with toys in mayberry but no one objects to that...
Any feedback on this?

My concern is when threads get moved to OT the engagement decreases significantly. Given that there are multiple goofy threads in Mayberry at the moment I don't understand why mine get picked out and moved with no explanation.

Both humorous and intelligent threads can live in Berry. Sometimes it's the tailspin a thread takes on and not the topic, rather.

I had a look and found only one thread of yours rehoused: Question for the Sherdog Philosopher Club, in which you talk Theseus' paradox (good), but apply which to Big Macs (bad). The thread from there descends into empty jabber with the occasional diabetus joke. Acting Mod could have deleted it on those grounds, TBH, so a move was his giving it a kind of second life.

Discussions almost always inherit the tone of OP – it all flows downstream, to say; frame your discussion more earnestly for earnest discussion.

Reactions: Gio
Both humorous and intelligent threads can live in Berry. Sometimes it's the tailspin a thread takes on and not the topic, rather.

I had a look and found only one thread of yours rehoused: Question for the Sherdog Philosopher Club, in which you talk Theseus' paradox (good), but apply which to Big Macs (bad). The thread from there descends into empty jabber with the occasional diabetus joke. Acting Mod could have deleted it on those grounds, TBH, so a move was his giving it a kind of second life.

Discussions almost always inherit the tone of OP – it all flows downstream, to say; frame your discussion more earnestly for earnest discussion.
Thanks for the response.. but I don't really see how bad it is to ask whether changing the ingredients for a branded meal makes it the same meal.

Anyways so if a thread goes off the rails because of the responses it gets then it gets moved? I still think there's an issue with consistency TBH. There are threads in Mayberry right now that are in the same tone as my philosophy thread. I'm not saying those should be moved- on the contrary I think they keep the light hearted aspect of Mayberry alive. The thread about quilts is a good example.

Here are some other threads of mine that got moved

On this one I was just annoyed about something and wanted to jabber about it.. so I'll agree that this was empty posting for the most part

This one is questionable.. it is a real situation that I added some humor into and I can see how things got stupid after a while not totally my fault though. Someone even used a slur against me but I took it and addressed it maturely. IMO the OT is for those kinds of comments (if you can't handle it, stay out, etc.) but that was not the thread's intention at all.

While the thread is a joke. Sexual Assault isn't.

Those who were repeatedly abused for years may have trouble with intimacy because of their fears of violence. They may find it hard to put themselves in the vulnerable position of being in a relationship because of their anxieties. Abuse can damage confidence and feelings of worthiness to be loved.

The thread is where it belongs. Off Topic Discussion

While the thread is a joke. Sexual Assault isn't.

Those who were repeatedly abused for years may have trouble with intimacy because of their fears of violence. They may find it hard to put themselves in the vulnerable position of being in a relationship because of their anxieties. Abuse can damage confidence and feelings of worthiness to be loved.

The thread is where it belongs. Off Topic Discussion

Horrendous modding.

If that was the case, you should have erased the thread, not moved it.

Horrendous modding.

If that was the case, you should have erased the thread, not moved it.
Nah. It fits in perfectly.

*** Just look at the thread topic / discussions in Mayberry and the OT and the sub rules in both and you tell me where this thread topic belongs...

Hello everyone,

I have a question:
Last week I created a thread in the Worldwides about Baki's preparation for the Doumbé fight by calling in help of Endy Semeleer.
I just went to check on the thread, but couldn't find it. It seems to have dissapeared from existence / deleted for some reason. Do any of you guys know why that happened? And is there any chance it can get undone?
I could make a new thread ofcourse, but I did put some effort in the original one with a little write-up and trainingfootage/pics, and I believe there already were a few replies, so getting the old one back would be cool :) (if that's possible)

Have a nice Sunday!

Maurits

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...emeleer-to-prepare-for-cédric-doumbé.4323171/

Hello everyone,

I have a question:
Last week I created a thread in the Worldwides about Baki's preparation for the Doumbé fight by calling in help of Endy Semeleer.
I just went to check on the thread, but couldn't find it. It seems to have dissapeared from existence / deleted for some reason. Do any of you guys know why that happened? And is there any chance it can get undone?
I could make a new thread ofcourse, but I did put some effort in the original one with a little write-up and trainingfootage/pics, and I believe there already were a few replies, so getting the old one back would be cool :) (if that's possible)

Have a nice Sunday!

Maurits

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...emeleer-to-prepare-for-cédric-doumbé.4323171/
This one?

Hello everyone,

I have a question:

Have a nice Sunday!

Maurits

I did merged it to the Worldwide lounge thread (Non Thread Worthy News & Multimedia thread). The content of the thread you made mostly highlights the glory kickboxer who's gonna help the fighter who'll be making his MMA transition. I don't think a separate thread is really needed for his IG glory highlights, a 15 second sparring clip and drilling pads, and a pic of him with you. It's kinda confusing seeing glory stuff in there, that's why I merged it to the NTWN thread coz it serves as a daily source of what's latest/related happenings in MMA outside UFC.

If it bothers you, I'll move all your posts in the fight announcement thread you made coz we can't undo a merge. Please keep all related posts about this match up and stuff in this thread.

I did merged it to the Worldwide lounge thread (Non Thread Worthy News & Multimedia thread). The content of the thread you made mostly highlights the glory kickboxer who's gonna help the fighter who'll be making his MMA transition. I don't think a separate thread is really needed for his IG glory highlights, a 15 second sparring clip and drilling pads, and a pic of him with you. It's kinda confusing seeing glory stuff in there, that's why I merged it to the NTWN thread coz it serves as a daily source of what's latest/related happenings in MMA outside UFC.

If it bothers you, I'll move all your posts in the fight announcement thread you made coz a merge can't be undone. Please keep all related posts about this match up and stuff in this thread.
Hey Gio,

I thought it was an interesting team-up for Baki’s upcoming fight, and something that otherwise might’ve gone unnoticed to the bigger audience, and therefore thread worthy.
Instead of just “naming” the fighter (Semeleer) that helps Baki prepare for Doumbé, I thought it would also be helpful (for posters who don’t have a clue who the helping fighter is) to kind of introduce him, so they don’t necessarily have to look it up themselves.
Just to clarify :) Oh and btw, I think it also is my style of posting to be ‘very’ informational in my threads, lol, but I guess I don’t have to tell you that bud ;)

Anyways, thanks for fixing it man. I’ll keep all related posts about this fight/event in the “announcement” thread.

Back