Was Ward's beautiful performance against Kovalev in the rematch the best performance of the year?

Best win of the year so far.

Jacobs had an extremely impressive performance against GGG, and AJ vs Wlad was pretty great as well. But yeah I would say this has to be the best overall, so far. It was a perfectly executed game plan against a world level, extremely dangerous fighter in Kovalev.

Unless something dramatic happens september 16 like I have a feeling it will, then yes. And yes I think either man can stop each other

mmm I think so. Unless GGG or Canelo dominate the fight in Sept.

That win was decisive, over the other best guy in the div, and was a strategem executed to a T. It had impact on both their legacies, and Ward closed the show at the end of the day.

My thoughts on the final round aside, yes, yes it was. Too bad Kovalev quit early, if he kept it together, I think Ward would have performed even better and upped his game even more.

So far. Golovkin or Canelo might be able to top it.

Jacobs had an extremely impressive performance against GGG, and AJ vs Wlad was pretty great as well. But yeah I would say this has to be the best overall, so far. It was a perfectly executed game plan against a world level, extremely dangerous fighter in Kovalev.
I thought Jacobs won.

Leading a whole bunch of impressive performances (fitness, tactics, implementation) - Jacobs, Sor Rungvisai and Berchelt come to mind - in my book.

Leading a whole bunch of impressive performances (fitness, tactics, implementation) - Jacobs, Sor Rungvisai and Berchelt come to mind - in my book.

As much as I think Gonzalez edged it, I can't call that fight a robbery and there would not have been many people who would have thought he could beat Gonzalez going in. Sor Rungvisai deserves more credit than he got for that performance.

Come to think of it, if any of Estrada, Cuadras, Sor Rungvisai, or Gonzalez really impress, they could be vying for performance of the year, as well.

Wards fights aren't beautiful. He's dirty. Dirty != beautiful.

Back