International Was American involvement in world war 2 key to victory?

If Hitler could have focused all of his might on the Eastern front rather than Northern Africa and Western Europe, the Eastern outcome may have changed significantly.

US would had been able to end the war alone, we would probably add a few German cities to the history of real life application of nukes.
It depends on how quickly the USSR collapsed. If they collapsed in 1942, Germany would negotiate a cease fire as they achieved their goals and that would be it. Germany would be huge and an invasion would be considered impossible. There were no nukes yet.

I remember people claiming that the "New Silk Road" was about to takeover the world.

It has gotten awefully quiet on that lil project aswell

You are sts because all white "americans" are european colonisators offsprings cos bloodline genetically and there isn't nation genetically called american. Never will be and nothing wrong here....While ofc mindset and culture ofc is different. A lot of good stuff, a lot of bad stuff. The same for Europeans (all white Americans does have european bloodline genetically)...It is nature...

Say It Ain't So!

20240512-215527.jpg

It depends on how quickly the USSR collapsed. If they collapsed in 1942, Germany would negotiate a cease fire as they achieved their goals and that would be it. Germany would be huge and an invasion would be considered impossible. There were no nukes yet.
Nukes threat is designed for main stream public called as plebs and ants in some circles

USSR had treaty with Japan. About not to attack. And had kept this while demanded lend lease etc from dying and collapsing bad idiotic west. They had signed pact with Japan's Emperor and MoD.

Soviets did all the dying and fighting. The Battle of Stalingrad was the turning point of the war. But only made possible with US weapons.

Soviets did all the dying and fighting. The Battle of Stalingrad was the turning point of the war. But only made possible with US weapons.
Nope.
When allies had delivered to crappy USSR military and technical aid ....in this process had died more than 10000 sailors. They died because they had served for ships caravans.
In battle for Britain more than 2000 Hitlerites airplanes operated by trained pro pilots had been downed and these pilots were real pros with a lot of hours training before assigned to units....unlike later Hitler's approach to reduce training hours for pilots etc.

Allies had bombed Germany as hard as they were able to bomb.
While Stalin refused to help against Japan...using as excuse lack of resources....ofc he had pact with Japan signed...not to attack. Nothing special, just business.
Allies had turned Dresden into rubble peace, so might had turned also Berlin but dear idiots FDL and Churchill had signed treaty with Stalin in order to separate europe between Kremlin and West. Therefore actually Stalin had been allowed to take Berlin.
Otherwise Allies had been able to turn Berlin into Dresden No2 without USSR assistance...
Cos then Germany didn't had airforce enough to resist against carpet bombing....

U.S during World War 2 had huge support from Canada: materials, chemistry industry products etc...even for Manhattan Project chemicals supplied by Canada had been used in large scale... .

Yeah, maybe. But I've always sensed you have a soft spot for America - or at least what it used to be (get same vibe from @Cole train). Just look at your own GOATed Suredog user join date. 🇺🇸
I do, i love coming to America. I plan to go to the west side where i've never been, but not for LA, for the Redwoods. Which is why i loved that thread of yours about parks.

No. Britain and France and Poland were winning before Pearl Harbor.

Yeah, maybe. But I've always sensed you have a soft spot for America - or at least what it used to be (get same vibe from @Cole train). Just look at your own GOATed Suredog user join date. 🇺🇸

I got soft spot for usa nature (will probably hike pasific crest trail one day).Same for oceania and africa

Europes nature is so goddam boring, especially central euro where no real wilderness exists and you can probably take bus to the top of the alps

I do, i love coming to America. I plan to go to the west side where i've never been, but not for LA, for the Redwoods. Which is why i loved that thread of yours about parks.
I got soft spot for usa nature (will probably hike pasific crest trail one day).Same for oceania and africa

Europes nature is so goddam boring, especially central euro where no real wilderness exists and you can probably take bus to the top of the alps

It's almost unbelievable that the potential for financial and material advancement was cast aside in favor of preservation, protection, and public enjoyment. In America? 🤣 But It Was! 🥹 The national park idea is one of the greatest gifts the United States has ever given the world. They're just getting so crowded, and a lot of that is from international tourism.

On the whole, foreigners account for less than 20%. The NPS also manages historical parks like Gettysburg, Independence Hall, Valley Forge (where those, @Long Dark Blues? 👌🏻) -- literally the most hallowed cultural sites imaginable (fuck the white house, lmao) of the nation's most significant inflection points but they aren't exactly overrun. But natural wonders like the Grand Canyon or Yellowstone? It's often over 40% foreign visitation most years.

Last edited:
I think without the Americans the war would have raged longer than it did, maybe another 2 years or more. But the Allies would have been victorious no doubt in my mind.

Although having Americans getting involved saved more lives in the long run and shortened the war.

If you're referring to D-Day, that didn't really alter the outcome of WW2, aside from speeding up the end and allowing the West more of a foothold in occupied Germany post-war.

The US was plenty influential however to the Allies winning.

I’d say the potential hundreds of thousands (probably more) of people who didn’t die might say it was nice the end of ww2 was hastened by the US invasion.

More to the initial point of the thread that US involvement was key to winning, at the time line witnessed. Which obviously benefited a great many of people; probably included were the Eastern Europeans who apparently say the US involvement was no factor or something.

I’d say the potential hundreds of thousands (probably more) of people who didn’t die might say it was nice the end of ww2 was hastened by the US invasion.

More to the initial point of the thread that US involvement was key to winning, at the time line witnessed. Which obviously benefited a great many of people; probably included were the Eastern Europeans who apparently say the US involvement was no factor or something.
You won't get any argument from me that shortening the war probably saved lives. I've been clear on where I think the US' impact was and that most people in this thread are asking the question without defining what victory or defeat looks like. By outcome I meant victory, not the literal x,y,z happened.

Soviets did the bulk lifting. America was batting cleanup and yolked a grand slam to straight away center. Without America’s bat the game would have gone to countless extra innings.

Back