Was 2Pac a fraud?

Good points. It does seem like he was a true artist. It also seems to me that some of the bravado was to cover up some of his other qualities maybe he was ashamed about. When Vanilla Ice was outed for lying about his past, he was killed for it. Even Dre took some shit from Eazy about not really being from the street. 2pac seems to get a pass.

Tupac was raised in NYC and Baltimore in the 80's by a woman who dropped out joined a gang and developed a crack addiction. It's not unreasonable to believe there was a lot of anger in that dude that was eventually going to boil over, and that money, power, and horrible influences didn't help.

Edit: before anyone gets defensive I should disclaim, that prior to dropping out, she was a gifted student. She was also a political activist, and seems to have responsibly managed his estate. She's not all one thing either.

90’s “gangsta rap” was a giant soap opera with a bunch of well to do weirdos doing weirdo shit to each other and being backed by rich people.
The entire enterprise was a fraud. I still don’t think I’ve seen an entertainment persona rise as bright and fast as Tupac did.

He was super feminine and sometimes I wonder if he was gay.

But I wouldn't call it acting exactly he was hard as fuck and died for it and that's not very fake
My BIL is super feminine, way more than tupac in that video, I was certain he was gay, and then I met his stunning girlfriend.................. he eventually got married to a really ugly gal, downgraded a ton for the dumbest reason, he's still very effeminate, but he's got a few kids now, and aint gay. It's really odd, beyond my full comprehension...... and it can run in the family. My wife can be super tomboyish at times, gets her hands dirty with farming stuff that she likes, but she's got long hair and a bunch of kids...

I should mention, I grew up ouside of NYC in a suburb that produced a ton of rappers and I grew up and around them. I was friends with Bust Rhymes (Trevor Smith) and all the Leaders guys. We went to school since 6th grade together. The TCQ guys, De La Soul, EPMD were all local and did not promote that thug image because that isn't who they were. Gang culture wasn't a thing here back then. Then in the early 90s that Gangsta image with NWA became profitable. 2Pac was a back Up dancer and rapped with Digital Underground....certainly not "thug life" image. He did not need to go that direction but he did and got rich from it. Was it authentic? Money oriented? Or a beard for his true inner self? Or all of the above....

“Protect your cawk when you see 2pac”
I thought Danny Boy said that…

I should mention, I grew up ouside of NYC in a suburb that produced a ton of rappers and I grew up and around them. I was friends with Bust Rhymes (Trevor Smith) and all the Leaders guys. We went to school since 6th grade together. The TCQ guys, De La Soul, EPMD were all local and did not promote that thug image because that isn't who they were. Gang culture wasn't a thing here back then. Then in the early 90s that Gangsta image with NWA became profitable. 2Pac was a back Up dancer and rapped with Digital Underground....certainly not "thug life" image. He did not need to go that direction but he did and got rich from it. Was it authentic? Money oriented? Or a beard for his true inner self? Or all of the above....

To be fair, the East Coast dudes were not about that life. They actually made fun of the West Coast dudes who had the Jheri Curl and dressed the way they did(Oversized plaid shirts and baggy clothes).Two different styles and cultures. From my understanding Eazy E was pushing weight and did not even want to rap.

Well, he was an actor from Baltimore that got extorted by gangsters and acted like he thought a gangster should. He wasn't really a gangster. He wasn't on the block with the bloods. He paid for protection just like Chris Brown does and got to play pretend gang banger. Tupac made a horrible life decision that cost him everything.

possibly yes, I remember him from Digital Underground as a backup dancer/performer which certainly did not uphold his gangster image

Nonetheless, his performance in Juice was riveting, one of the low key great menacing villains of all time imho. He wore that gangster image well

I'd like to think there is something very genuine about his adult persona. It allowed him to transcend rap music into poetry, pretty genius, maybe he just needed to mature?

youre not the same person you were at 17, why does Pac get held to a different standard?
Not that it is right and just but we only got a small sample to make our judgements. 17 for a person who didnt make age 30 means we view that 17 year old the same way we would him as an adult

The question is if he was still alive would he be wokepac
giphy.gif

Haitian Jack claims he was but Haitian Jack is also a jabroni in comparison.

Didn't the CIA get involved to push gangsta rap to ensure positive hip hop didn't get big? So they could ensure the degradation of black families and culture?

Like how they pushed crack into black urban areas?

Well, he was an actor from Baltimore that got extorted by gangsters and acted like he thought a gangster should. He wasn't really a gangster. He wasn't on the block with the bloods. He paid for protection just like Chris Brown does and got to play pretend gang banger. Tupac made a horrible life decision that cost him everything.
You think he could have been Gay based off the rumors and the video?

Didn't the CIA get involved to push gangsta rap to ensure positive hip hop didn't get big? So they could ensure the degradation of black families and culture?

Like how they pushed crack into black urban areas?
I never heard that....I remember these politicians coming out hard against these type of music and the indistry calling them racist. The Advisory Labels came out back then. Nothing would surprise me anymore though. MK Ultra was real.

Back