Was 2Pac a fraud?

I Am Legion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have seen interviews of late with people like Michael Jai White saying he was childhood friends with 2Pac and he said he was a soft feminine kid. He said he took on the gangsta persona after his role in Juice. Queen Latifah said she went to gay clubs with 2pac. Rumors of many rappers being gay have hit the news lately. Sug Knight is outing people but he may be doing it for attention. I know plenty of rappers pretend to be "from the streets" and gangsta to sell records, but if 2Pac faked it he was the God Tier faker. The dude still was a GOAT rapper, but was he a DL brother that played us all? I don't care if he was Gay, but the fact he went so hard into the tough street persona may have been one of the best acting jobs of his career....What do you guys think? Was he a Gay dude pretending to be street to sell records?

This video is crazy suspect. He seems gay as hell towards the end. I grew up in the hood and never met a dude act like this:

This is the MJW interview:

I have seen interviews of late with people like Michael Jai White saying he was childhood friends with 2Pac and he said he was a soft feminine kid. He said he took on the gangsta persona after his role in Juice. Queen Latifah said she went to gay clubs with 2pac. Rumors of many rappers being gay have hit the news lately. Sug Knight is outing people but he may be doing it for attention. I know plenty of rappers pretend to be "from the streets" and gangsta to sell records, but if 2Pac faked it he was the God Tier faker. The dude still was a GOAT rapper, but was he a DL brother that played us all? I don't care if he was Gay, but the fact he went so hard into the tough street persona may have been one of the best acting jobs of his career....What do you guys think? Was he a Gay dude pretending to be street to sell records?

This video is crazy suspect. He seems gay as hell towards the end. I grew up in the hood and never met a dude act like this:

He was super feminine and sometimes I wonder if he was gay.

But I wouldn't call it acting exactly he was hard as fuck and died for it and that's not very fake

I grew up pretty weak and beta but now I'm gangsta as fuck and no one would dare fuck with me. Sometimes something comes along that hardens a guy the fuck up. For me it was joining Sherdog

I grew up in the hood and never met a dude act like this

haha-wait.gif

Biggie was always better anyway.

People change as they grow, Im guessing youre not the same person you were at 17, why does Pac get held to a different standard?
I agree, but I never used those hand movements and voice affections which are crazy gay. He is held to a different standard because his Image became WHO he was. Thug Life. East West beef. Gang affiliations etc....

He was super feminine and sometimes I wonder if he was gay.

But I wouldn't call it acting exactly he was hard as fuck and died for it and that's not very fake
Live by the sword die by the sword. I think with this new age rappers can be gay even though probably not selling the gangsta image. Little Nas X sells records but embraces the over the top Gay image. Meek sells. Migos are popular. I wonder if 2Pac would have went the same route today?

I'm not into rap music, but ever since it became a mainstream thing (back in the late 90s) it looked like an agenda to me. I'd say 90% of really famous rappers are gay. Dre, Eminem, 2Pac...to name a few. Even this thing with Diddy...some shady stuff going on there for sure. They're either picked to become stars because they're gay or somebody's making them give up their asses for success.

He shot a cop in the ass, hung out with Bloods, and got killed because he beat up a gangbanger. He may not have grown up in the gangster lifestyle but he was definitely trying to be one. He's a classic case of when keeping it real goes wrong.

I wouldn't say it was a "fraud" but lots of rappers play, or play-up a character to one degree or another. So do lot's of rock stars. Bucket Head isn't sitting on his couch watching TV wearing a KFC bucket and Gwar aren't actually horrible monsters.

Tupac did write poetry, was a backup dancer for the humpty dance, and went to art school. But he also spent 10 days in jail for beating someone with a bat and 9 months for being part of a sexual assault. So it absolutely wasn't just an act. A person can authentically be a lot of seemingly different things.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it was a "fraud" but lots of rappers play or play up a character to one degree or another. So do lot's of rock stars. Bucket Head isn't sitting on his couch watching TV wearing a KFC bucket and Gwar aren't actually horrible monsters.

Tupac did write poetry, was a backup dancer for the humpty dance, and went to art school. But he also spent 10 days in jail for beating someone with a bat and 9 months for being part of a sexual assault. So it absolutely wasn't just an act. A person can authentically be a lot of seemingly different things.
Good points. It does seem like he was a true artist. It also seems to me that some of the bravado was to cover up some of his other qualities maybe he was ashamed about. When Vanilla Ice was outed for lying about his past, he was killed for it. Even Dre took some shit from Eazy about not really being from the street. 2pac seems to get a pass.

Back