Warning to Those Who Have Lower Back Pain While on Creatine Monohydrate | Page 2

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by amasotto, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Duke White Belt

Duke
    Guys I started to do some research into this issue and ran across this post because I've been going through the exact same thing with creatine affecting my lower back. I took it for years on and off and it worked great with all the benefits and for about a year now I can take it for about one week at 5g a day and then my lower back is in pain and it's a dull aggravating pain that makes me feel like crawling out of my skin. I can't sit at my desk at work for more than fifteen minutes without being so aggravated I have to stand. I was in a world of hurt for months until I figured out that Creatine was affecting me and when I stop I feel great after about two weeks but when I go back on the creatine it's misery at its finest, so I don't even mess with it anymore. It's a real issue so I wanted to give my experience to help get others to realize that this is a real issue for some of us. peace

2. hapki UNOFFICIAL BELT

hapki
    it's very simple. if it causes any issue with creatine, do not take it. yes it's that simple.
    everyone has different reaction to different thing. some people can't drink milk due to lactose but others can drink without any issue.

3. Dana_is_your_GOD Platinum Chram deal with it

Dana_is_your_GOD

ERMAGHERD! I JUST TOOK SOME! RUN!

4. The Todd Purple Belt

The Todd
    if you sleep on your belly you could have lower back pain

5. HAWTRIDDUM Gold Belt

HAWTRIDDUM
    I had the same exact problem on 4 grams of ON nutrition creatine in pill form every day even with 1 gallon of water.

Seemed to be an issue with a higher protein diet, and not an issue at all with lower protein at a caloric deficit.

Everyone has different reactions. The organs can only efficiently filter so much, depending on the current heath of those organs.

6. kingkokong Purple Belt

kingkokong
    are you guys drinking excess alcohol and eating crap?

7. Hotora86 火虎 空手道

Hotora86
    I don't think there is a difference between "creatine" and "creatin". I googled "creatin" specifically and most links simply point back to creatine. I don't think these are different substances as you suggest.

You can overdose on creatine anyway and it hits the liver and kidneys. Example:
    https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-873-creatine.aspx?activeingredientid=873

When taken by mouth in high doses, creatine is POSSIBLY UNSAFE. There is some concern that it could harm the kidney, liver, or heart function. However, a connection between high doses and these negative effects has not been proven. Creatine can also cause stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, and muscle cramping.

Creatine causes muscles to draw water from the rest of your body. Be sure to drink extra water to make up for this. Also, if you are taking creatine, don't exercise in the heat. It might cause you to become dehydrated.

8. UL Mystic UL

UL
    Nah

I've heard the same at the gym and on the forums, it's rare and we are all different.