War Room Lounge v7: Lead is a Totalitarian Monster Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the worst cover songs by a serious artist who put his heart into it is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by Elton John. Just fuckin terrible. I love Elton John too.

A cover that is better than the original. John Lennon is great in this song. I think this is the hardest he sang in any song. Most powerful. Come on and work it on out. They had more soul than the black guys who first sang it. lol. It was perfect for Ferris Bueller too. Perfect song to get a whole city to stop and sing along to.

One of the worst cover songs by a serious artist who put his heart into it is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by Elton John. Just fuckin terrible. I love Elton John too.

Man, that's gotta be the one of the worst choices for a cover. Most good covers invite the possibility to be improved upon, like a lot of the bare bones, folky shit that's already been pointed out.

"Lucy In The Sky With With Diamonds"...shit, you might as well try to cover "Bohemian Rhapsody". It ain't happening.

"They said she died easy of a broken heart disease
As I listened through the cemetery trees."

"Me and Cinderella
Put it all together"

The apple has fallen very far from the tree, Mr Wayne.

"They said she died easy of a broken heart disease
As I listened through the cemetery trees."

"Me and Cinderella
Put it all together"

The apple has fallen very far from the tree, Mr Wayne.
I must've blocked it out of my mind, because I legit forgot he existed.

I must've blocked it out of my mind, because I legit forgot he existed.

It's understandable. "One Headlight" was a pretty big deal at the time...

But then again, so was this song:

The 90's had a pretty big one hit wonder brigade. Can't really blame anyone for not paying too close of attention.

Man, that's gotta be the one of the worst choices for a cover. Most good covers invite the possibility to be improved upon, like a lot of the bare bones, folky shit that's already been pointed out.

"Lucy In The Sky With With Diamonds"...shit, you might as well try to cover "Bohemian Rhapsody". It ain't happening.

Elton John bet Lennon that he could turn any of his songs into a No. 1 with a cover, and Lennon purposely chose one he thought would be difficult.

Elton John bet Lennon that he could turn any of his songs into a No. 1 with a cover, and Lennon purposely chose one he thought would be difficult.

For real?

That's hilarious. What a dick. I suppose he could've chosen "A Day In The Life" though.

A cover that is better than the original. John Lennon is great in this song. I think this is the hardest he sang in any song. Most powerful. Come on and work it on out. They had more soul than the black guys who first sang it. lol. It was perfect for Ferris Bueller too. Perfect song to get a whole city to stop and sing along to.

I saw Rain today. If your a Beatles fan check it out when it comes around.

Last edited:
Sad! Seriously, though. Punch in the gut.

My favorite line is when Yelburton is asking Jake about his nose.

The exchange between Jake and Mulvihill was great, too, no?

Yeah the whole time I'm like "Jack was right this is a great fucking movie and Paulie is going to save the day..."

Then an epic punch to the gut

Got me on an old time movie kick watching The French Connection now.

Any other suggestions based on Chinatown and The French Connection?

Got me on an old time movie kick watching The French Connection now.

Any other suggestions based on Chinatown and The French Connection?
The original Manchurian Candidate?

All Quiet on the Western Front is good too

Yeah the whole time I'm like "Jack was right this is a great fucking movie and Paulie is going to save the day..."

Then an epic punch to the gut

Now watch this while Chinatown is fresh in your mind.

MV5BOTM3MDU5MjQwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTY1NTk4NjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,655,1000_AL_.jpg

That album made me a Meat Puppets fan.

It's great for sure. This one is up there. Definitely an improvement on the original.

I love GNR, but no way in hell is their version of Knocking on Heaven's Door better than Dylan's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back