War Room Lounge v186: I'm really not happy with my mishandling of that special little bacon bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
time to eat some breaking then do some fasted cardio.
sounds delicious I had this yesterday with some o.j.

E95dK8.gif

Last edited:
Here is Chris Farley doing an impersonation of Newt Gengrich in front of congress in 1995:

Democrats, I have to say, essentially lost the election. They managed to get Trump out of the White House with the help of people who otherwise voted Republican. In other words, there is mandate to replace Trumpism, but it doesn't look like there is a mandate for progressive, liberal, or left-wing policies. Best thing to hope for is a more capable executive branch and improved international relations. I wouldn't hold my breath for Republicans to cooperate on anything meaningful. They have sold their soul to the devil, and the Kasichs and Romneys seem to have zero influence in the party. The GOP today looks to be more Qanon than Wall Street.

I wouldn’t say they lost, the DNC has only given half-assed support for progressive issues. I’d like to think they would follow through on its promises, but I’m not very confident. Also, Biden has been running on bipartisanship, even hinting at including republicans in his cabinet. So not taking over the Senate, while nit ideal, doesn’t seem like an L to this administration. That being said, it’s definitely not a win, either, and whatever it is I fear won’t last fir more than 4 years.
‘yes, the dems have won the popular vote by a huge margin, but the EC was close. Whoever the gop run in 2024 isnt going to motivate this kind of turnout and the Dems gave nobody in the pipeline, no matter how hard they push Pete. This is bigly important because Biden voters are mostly critical and objective relative to the trump cult, which is at least half of Republican voters — if the next 4 years aren’t perfect, or better, the GOP will run Romney, who the dems and media have rehabilitated for some reason and win. Or Kid Rock/ Chuck Woolery and win the ec but lose the pop vote by 7 million.

Homelessness could be solved overnight where it exists in the western world. Homelessness just doesn't really exist in a lot of places. Why? The homeless are put in homes.

Housing prices is a much more difficult problem to address. The liberal solution to the problem probably isn't correct, IMO (just do away with zoning). Anything you did to actually increase housing supply would lower the values of homes, which homeowners don't want. Or you could just pretend like that's not a problem, allow all the properties to be snapped up by large property holders and continue the wealth transfer from poor to rich (and young to old) that is rent.

Hit the nail on the head with the housing value thing. People don’t want their values to drop, and for most people their equity increases have come primarily from home values.

When I work that through my head (ever increasing values of assets with no direct connection to the productivity of those assets), I think of restrained supply, wealth transfer to older generations, and basically a pyramid scheme economy. That works when populations and overall productivity in the economy is rising to support but it’s not sustainable imo.

AOC's interview with the NYT was pretty interesting and eye opening.

If the Dem Congressional leadership has been ignoring digital media organizing that is political malpractice of a very high order. But it's also something that should be easy to fix by 2022.

checked in with crowder again LOL his eyes are so moist now, what a melt

AOC's interview with the NYT was pretty interesting and eye opening.

If the Dem Congressional leadership has been ignoring digital media organizing that is political malpractice of a very high order. But it's also something that should be easy to fix by 2022.

Got a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back