• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge v169: That toilet I **** to hell? They're going to cut open one of the pipes to see

Thoughts on baby eating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are conspiracy theories we've heard before. Im more interested in the left's antisemitism which is far more rampant, out in the open (especially at campuses), and imo dangerous in the long term.

I have a theory that its origins are minority driven, particularly from African American academics, who co-opted their ideas from the 70s black muslim
and nationalist movement and having ever since been pushing their ideas into the mainstream via the university system.

I think when you combine that with the lefts philosophical tendency to rebel against hierarchies (whether artificial or merit based), and reduce structure to power and oppression with racial intersectionality; well, its no wonder antisemitism is growing at such a rampant rate with the left.

Its a recipe for disaster when shit kicks off.

I mean for Ilhan Omar to make the comments she has and get away with it is just mind blowing. But this is a new era of the left... and perhaps Jewish people need to tread carefully and reevaluate their relationship with their old "allies".

Btw- the alt-right is a joke. Its mostly a buncha youngsters who want to be edgy and say shit for shock value.

The lefts critique of Israel is nothing new either. In one lens Israel is a product of ethnic nationalism and imperialism and occupies territory without giving its occupants voting rights. Given how the far left characterizes other regimes, a pro Israel stance would be hypocritical. So in so much as you lay this down to left wing ideological consistency you are correct.

Kind of ends there however. Calling it anti Semitic is inaccurate in all but maybe a few exceptions. I don’t subscribe, at least not fully, to the left wing narrative on Israel, but it’s in most cases not based on being anti Jew but consistent application of power critiques applied across the board to western supported actors.

Alt right is a pretty broad term that includes straight up Nazis, college kid trolls, to advocates of Pat Buchanan style cultural ethno nationalism. But that’s really beside the point of the article. Yes the CTs are old hat but the interesting point is that failing to confront the realities behind them is what gives room for them to grow. If any critique of Israel is off limits, including the role of America politics, you give room for this CT crap. The left wing narrative on Israel, with its many contradictions as well as salient points can be addressed / attacked without hiding behind the anti Semite card. Let’s start there.

I think when people say they don't like "vegetables" they specifically mean green, low-carb, and just generally healthy vegetables.

Impossible for anyone to dislike the, uh, "flavoring" vegetables like onion and garlic or the starchy ones like potatoes and rice.

The few people that say they don't like onions or garlic just don't like them raw. But take these two out and Italian or Chinese food basically stop existing.

Even so, if you prepare Green veggies the proper way they’re delicious. Like look at something simple like peas, they’re so delicious.

That’s Bob Newhart guest hosting for Johnny, though, isn’t it? Anyway, I’m pretty surely Bob and Johnny were two of the nicest, most well liked fellas in Hollywood.

I have always heard that Johnny was a cunt.

What's wrong with the first Gulf War? Iraq was the aggressor. If anything he was lenient with Saddam and could've taken advantage of the Shia uprising.

First, the US has zero problems supporting aggressors so the fact that it chose to make an issue out of this one harms its credibility. But overall, it was terribly intransigent in the diplomatic realm-

By mid-August, the National Security Council considered an Iraqi proposal to withdraw from Kuwait in that context.

There appear to have been two issues: first, Iraqi access to the Gulf, which would have entailed a lease or other control over two uninhabited mudflats assigned to Kuwait by Britain in its imperial settlement (which had left Iraq virtually landlocked – see our 1900-2000 timeline of Iraq); second, resolution of a dispute over an oil field that extended two miles into Kuwait over an unsettled border.

The US flatly rejected the proposal, or any negotiations. On August 22, without revealing these facts about the Iraqi initiative (which it apparently knew), the New York Times reported that the Bush Administration was determined to block the "diplomatic track" for fear that it might "defuse the crisis" in very much this manner. (The basic facts were published a week later by the Long Island daily Newsday, but the media largely kept their silence.)

http://libcom.org/history/1990-1991-the-gulf-war

Second, there was targeting of civilian infrastructure, which is a war crime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War#Coalition_bombing_of_Iraq's_civilian_infrastructure

And finally, the subsequent sanctions on Iraq were absolutely brutal. Clinton was mostly responsible for them but they started with Bush.

Replace jew with globalist and ive read this screed posted virtually verbatim on this forum at least a dozen times.

Replace race with “culture” and Jew with “globalist”, leave in the extermination fantasy and we have arrived at mainstream conservative thought.

I have always heard that Johnny was a cunt.
Ok. I thought he was known for being a bit of a homebody, not super social but with a close circle of friends And generally well liked. I could be remembering it wrong, though. Now Bob Newhart... don’t you say a bad word, pal.

Even so, if you prepare Green veggies the proper way they’re delicious. Like look at something simple like peas, they’re so delicious.

Uhhhh, peas are starchy bro. Lol.

I like the healthier veggies but I have to admit that it takes special effort to make them taste good. And even then, they don't hold a candle to the starchy ones.

My go-tos are steamed green beans with olive oil, salt/pepper and powdered garlic. Mix it all up and it's damn decent. Same with broccoli, especially if you chop them up in small cubes.

More than anything, I just look at it as one of the things you just have to do to stay healthy as you get older. Don't wanna be a fatass with a bunch of health problems? Up the veggies, lower the carbs.

Ok. I thought he was known for being a bit of a homebody, not super social but with a close circle of friends And generally well liked. I could be remembering it wrong, though. Now Bob Newhart... don’t you say a bad word, pal.

Bob Newhart is Q.

Damn, forgot about Yemen. But I'd still have a hard time putting him below LBJ, Nixon, and the others on my list. Those guys committed SERIOUS, brutal aggression.

And I have Obama above HW and Ford because the former actually invaded two countries (Panama and Iraq), while the latter supported and supplied arms to Indonesia in the terribly bloody invasion of East Timor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_invasion_of_East_Timor#US_involvement

Obama's extrajudicial drone killings are just less bad. Shamefully low bar, I know, but hey, empires gotta crack some skulls...
I think you had trump in the right spot. ‘edit: and I forgot about Ford’ role, I think I’ve always given that credit to Kissinger/ Nixon

So Norsemen is kind of original and funny so far. 3 shows in, I could see it getting tiresome in the long run unless it hits its stride.

I chose not to open it last night. I think I'm going to save it for new years eve. Will it even taste good do you think? Just because a bottle is around a long time doesn't seem to mean much, it's all about the actual barreling process to my knowledge. I've even read it may taste worse now from sitting around so long but I don't know, as long as it was not getting sunlight it should be fine right?
It should be fine I think.

I like this work, but psychologically it's a big ask. Rows of vacant and fucked up homes with the occasional desperate person holed up in one. It's tiring. No idea how people do this sort of work long term.

Also Trump and Wilbur Ross lost the lawsuit against them, giving the census another month to complete. Very good news if it holds up.

We finally got around to cleaning out my wife’s grandparents condo since they passed away. Found it hidden away in the corner lol, still in the box and everything. I’ve tried to identify how old it is and seems to be 50’s maybe even 40’s. I think her grandfather bought it either before or after the war when he would have returned from the Japanese internment camps they were put in. Apparently the reason it doesn’t have the aluminum foil around the cap is because all of the aluminium was going towards the war efforts at the time these bottles were made.
I don’t know how I missed this. Very cool, and I’m jealous of that bottle.

The lefts critique of Israel is nothing new either. In one lens Israel is a product of ethnic nationalism and imperialism and occupies territory without giving its occupants voting rights. Given how the far left characterizes other regimes, a pro Israel stance would be hypocritical. So in so much as you lay this down to left wing ideological consistency you are correct.

Kind of ends there however. Calling it anti Semitic is inaccurate in all but maybe a few exceptions. I don’t subscribe, at least not fully, to the left wing narrative on Israel, but it’s in most cases not based on being anti Jew but consistent application of power critiques applied across the board to western supported actors.

Alt right is a pretty broad term that includes straight up Nazis, college kid trolls, to advocates of Pat Buchanan style cultural ethno nationalism. But that’s really beside the point of the article. Yes the CTs are old hat but the interesting point is that failing to confront the realities behind them is what gives room for them to grow. If any critique of Israel is off limits, including the role of America politics, you give room for this CT crap. The left wing narrative on Israel, with its many contradictions as well as salient points can be addressed / attacked without hiding behind the anti Semite card. Let’s start there.

Well said, comrade

What's wrong with the first Gulf War? Iraq was the aggressor. If anything he was lenient with Saddam and could've taken advantage of the Shia uprising.
Ira was the aggressor.... against Kuwait, who were slant drilling into Iraqi oil fields and ramping up production thereby dropping oil prices while Iraq was in financial distress trying to pay for the kuwaiti financed Iran/Iraq war.

Now look at the damage Iraq did in Kuwait (very little, even few casualties) and then look at our response over the next 20 years.

I like this work, but psychologically it's a big ask. Rows of vacant and fucked up homes with the occasional desperate person holed up in one. It's tiring. No idea how people do this sort of work long term.

Also Trump and Wilbur Ross lost the lawsuit against them, giving the census another month to complete. Very good news if it holds up.
Don’t know if I could do it, man. Then again, I don’t do people. Extra money on the side kind of thing for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back