• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

War Room Lounge v157: They have boats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I'd actually say he provides a contrary example! From everything I've read, Mark is a much better person than his father. Whereas Trump gambled big with his father's money and nearly squandered it all and then turned himself into a market predator with a legendarily lavish and wasteful lifestyle, Mark Davis is living a relatively modest life and is a much more humble and effective owner than his father. Al micromanaged the Raiders into shit with his awful hubris, whereas Mark has stayed out of personnel decisions for the most part.
Ya I was just being a dick and making fun of his clownish appearance , although Mark Davis looks inbred and Clark Hunt sounds inbred , some strange genetics at play there .

Ya I was just being a dick and making fun of his clownish appearance , although Mark Davis looks inbred and Clark Hunt sounds inbred , some strange genetics at play there .

I honestly don't know anything about Clark Hunt. I had to look him up.

Personal opinion: Trump's hair is not nearly as bad as Mark Davis's hair

BNG-L-RAIDERS-0101-10.jpg

144928399.jpg

Jesus. It's a good thing he's rich.

So I learned from a Mayberry thread, and subsequently checking out his Twitter, that Jon Fitch is a fucking dumbass right winger. Dude's page is full of right-wing conspiracy theories, anti-Democrat posts, and weird incel-type stuff.

No. I’ve only seen it because a coworker of mine is in it. I’m referring, of course, to Rob Schneider.

Like many Sandlers films, Schneider is the only thing remotely funny about it.

For real, though, The Descendants and Forgetting Sarah Marshall are both shot there and quite good. With The Descendants, they really make a point of emphasizing the setting with long shots. Not so much with FSM.

How many pages does each lounge thread last before someone has to start a new one?

So I learned from a Mayberry thread, and subsequently checking out his Twitter, that Jon Fitch is a fucking dumbass right winger. Dude's page is full of right-wing conspiracy theories, anti-Democrat posts, and weird incel-type stuff.

MMA and BJJ are full of these types. Loads of BJJ guys are Bolsonaro supporters. Renzo gracie tweeted Heinrich Himmler quotes. Cyborg Abreu, Andre Galvao to name some others.

There's also lots of silly conspiracy theory stuff. Jeff Glover is a flat earther lol.

It's not an accusation. It's just a fact. Just like the magical negro was a trope. It's entirely possible that in plenty of those depictions the artist wanted to portray black figures positively or give black actors representation on screen, but with the incentives in place (namely, connecting a white audience to the perspective and tribulations of the white protagonist) it ends up being, in retrospect, mystifying and dehumanizing as an appendage to the more layered white character.
I don't think it's a real mind-blower that characters in movies are stereotypes. I absolutely reject the idea though that non-white characters are being dehumanized in movies like DWW and TLS. Bullocks.

I mean seriously, you don't think I can connect with a character in a movie if he isn't white? That's a pretty fucked up way of thinking.

MMA and BJJ are full of these types. Loads of BJJ guys are Bolsonaro supporters. Renzo gracie tweeted Heinrich Himmler quotes. Cyborg Abreu, Andre Galvao to name some others.

There's also lots of silly conspiracy theory stuff. Jeff Glover is a flat earther lol.

Hasn't Renzo always been one of the shittiest of the already-shitty Gracie family anyways? It's unfortunate, though. I recently watched a documentary on Dave Schultz. It's too bad more mixed martial artists, or just people in general, aren't like that guy.

I mean seriously, you don't think I can connect with a character in a movie if he isn't white? That's a pretty fucked up way of thinking.

No one has said that. I don't think you're clearly understanding what's being talked about.

Hasn't Renzo always been one of the shittiest of the already-shitty Gracie family anyways? It's unfortunate, though. I recently watched a documentary on Dave Schultz. It's too bad more mixed martial artists, or just people in general, aren't like that guy.

Yes. I suppose Ralph would be the worst, but Renzo has always backed up Ralph.

No one has said that. I don't think you're clearly understanding what's being talked about.
OK so what does "connecting a white audience to the perspective and tribulations of the white protagonist" mean? How does that not suggest that a character needs his "whiteness" to be established for me to connect with him?

I've only met Royler, but he seemed like a good bloke.

Going to bed Trots, I think I've done enough damage to my rep for one day. Cheers and be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back