Wanting to start training bareknuckle/Take a fight.

MeatWagon06

Biting on Feints
@Silver
Reaction score
So a little of my background: I've trained Muay Thai for nearly 6 yrs. I've actually got decent hands, but never took an official fight. Outside of gym fights/hard sparring, I actually was working on booking a fight. So why don't I fight MT. Well I've actually broke my leg twice in 4 yrs. First time same break as Silva, I had a rod installed in, but was back to work several weeks later in a boot.

2nd time was worse and my rod actually caused the break because I fell awkwardly on my skateboard and I couldn't have need surgery again. I'm devastated I gotta give it up because it's been my love for 14 yrs, besides Muay Thai. I had to be out of work for 4.5 months. So after I went back to work I tore a ligament in my ankle. This was 9 months ago, but im finely able to get back to exercising/running but still have a little pain.

So I'm wondering if I can start training and wearing an ankle brace, if I can handle the footwork. Because kicking is out of the question. Guess I'll just ease into it and see how I feel. Anything thoughts thoughts are welcome. Just please don't tell me to drink more milk, because my milk consumption my whole life has been borderline milk addict and I take vitamin D supps. Thanks, guys.

get into a boxing gym and see how you do there. I've cornered a BKFC fight and have been to a few events. It's not quite boxing and it's not quite mma striking, its interesting in that regard. as weird as it sounds it reminds me of point karate in that theres a strong "in and out" element to it. being first and then moving is far more important than forcing exchanges.

Back