Wanderlei Silva vows to 'stomp the face' of his opponents in Rizin's open-weight tournament

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
click the link for a longer article.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/2...-his-opponents-in-rizin-openweight-tournament

"I'd like to ask for an open-weight division, to give the chance for every fighter in the world who believes they can come here and defeat Wanderlei Silva to try it. We have the most aggressive rules in the world, and under those rules I can fight anyone," Silva said (Transcription via MMAFighting.com). "Stay ready, Wanderlei Silva is here! I will stomp the face of those who try to fight me, I will knock everyone out in this tournament. At open-weight, I'm ready to face anyone, from any weight."

Sounds like he wants fights with Canseco, Minowaman and Giant Silva.

I wonder if he changed his opinion on not wanting to fight fedor. That fight at open weight with pride rules would be sick even though I think fedor would just take him down.

SavedByTheBell.gif

If they don't do Wanderlei vs. Rampage 4 or Tito vs. Wanderlei 2 they're idiots. There are fights out there for these guys, they just gotta pay them what they ask for and do them. They can bring in the numbers but you get what you pay for.

would like to see him vs 185 japanese just for old times sake

If they don't do Wanderlei vs. Rampage 4 or Tito vs. Wanderlei 2 they're idiots. There are fights out there for these guys, they just gotta pay them what they ask for and do them. They can bring in the numbers but you get what you pay for.

I don't want to see Wand get KO'd by Rampage again, but would love a fight vs Tito. Wand definitely wins that one. He probably drops the first round and then Tito's legendary cardio makes an appearance and Wand either TKOs him or gets the next 2 rounds to win a UD.

This open weight tournament is probably gonna be filled with a bunch of just decent fighters......Zuffa is not gonna allow any of its fighters to enter.....Bellator will though.

A roided up Wanderlei stomping the shit out of some poor fool in Japan?.......I love it!

I wonder if he changed his opinion on not wanting to fight fedor. That fight at open weight with pride rules would be sick even though I think fedor would just take him down.

He wants to and it sounds like they have plans to do it later this year from what i hear. Of course that's if everyone stays where they are.

I believe Wand. Can't wait for some of the good old ultra violence.

Wand
Fedor
Rampage
Mo
Minakov
Kongo
Lashley
McGeary

One night tounament, All under the superior rule set. Coker and Sakakibara, please take my money.

Unless he can bite or headbutt then I cant see him defending a good takedown. Even if he roids to the gills, which he will in Rizen.

Wand
Fedor
Rampage
Mo
Minakov
Kongo
Lashley
McGeary

One night tounament, All under the superior rule set. Coker and Sakakibara, please take my money.

Lashley and Rampage wouldn't be that stupid and Mo would chicken out.

Great to hear Wand is still in the OW GP despite the bike accident. Going to be great seeing him back with the full set of JMMA rules he was so good using.

would like to see him vs 185 japanese just for old times sake

I'd love to see the undersized Japanese fighter sub him Palhares-style for revenge...230 pound roided Silva was nothing but a bully back then,

Back