Wanderlei César da Silva was never that good or my friend

Prove me wrong

He banged and wanged with crazy hooks and had a good chin and I don’t care what he did to Rampage
He just wasn’t that good
Was he a savage? Yeah
Was he an elite fighter?

Nope

He destroyed Rampage twice in Pride. Rampage destroyed Liddell in Pride. Then went on to KO Chuck in the UFC for the belt. Then beat Hendo.

If Wand wasn't an elite fighter, then who the fuck is?

Full Roided Wanderlei was a mf man. Savage For Real. Yea he was an incomplete fighter by modern times, but for mma 20 years ago, he was that dude. 15 fight unbeaten streak, fighting in the most prestigious division at the time. Yea, hall of fame for sure. OG all the way.

Yeah this has to be a troll thread lol. Anyone who knows MMA knows he's a legend, and that a fighter's record doesn't tell the whole story.

I agree with you TS. He had no TDD for Tito. He relied on Prides system to get his win streak.

Prove me wrong

He banged and wanged with crazy hooks and had a good chin and I don’t care what he did to Rampage
He just wasn’t that good
Was he a savage? Yeah
Was he an elite fighter?

Nope

thatsbait.gif

you see that foot? that's everyone that's going to see your thread. and you see that poor fuck getting his head violently dribbled off the canvas by said foot? that's your opinion.
xC2i3G.gif

He absolutely was elite and arguably the number 1 205er on the planet for a while (Chuck was there 2 but UFC was considered number 2 back then, like with Bellator/PFL now).
Beat Hendo
Beat Rampage 2x
He put an end to Sakuraba's tear, even if he was a class heavier it was still crazy when it happened, Saku was a big favorite the first time.
Went to a draw with a new-to--MMA Cro Cop with rules that heavily avantaged the Croatian; still in the minds of most of the fans, Wand would have easily taken the nod had there been a decision... despite also taking a lot of damage to the midsection.

Beat Yoshida in his Gi twice, even though the second was a close decision, pretty much a draw in my mind. Yoshida was super tough and beat some big names, their brawls became legendary.

Late in his career he KO'd good top 15 guys like Cung Le, Keith Jardine, Stann, won decisions over Bisping

Shame about that Bellator stint though

Wand was still absolutely elite and 'til 2005 when it looked like Shogun was going to surpass him, even Chuck fans had Wand at the number 1 spot because of that pesky MMAth with Rampage
but some clapped back with Tito, but "muh green wandy no BJJ yet"

Still, it's crazy looking back how few top wins he has despite being undefeated for such a long time

It ain't about technique bro.

Wand was a warrior

He beat people with superior technique because he was a god damn viking savage.

People who don't understand fighting think it's all about technique. No.

Technique gets overcome all the time by savage wills and this has been the case since old boxing times.
I couldn’t have said it better myself. So many nerds of today in love with “technique” and dudes who fight once a year to “properly prepare” that can’t recognize a true warrior when they see one.
Sometimes I get the urge to IP track people and burn their homes Jay & Silent Bob style.

Fought Crocop to a draw. Brutalized Slampage twice.

FOH
He fought to a draw because the diva that is CroCop said if there is no KO then he wanted it officially to be declared a draw and the warrior that Wanderlei is, accepted, otherwise Wand would have got the decision.

If you look at the older fighters then they don't seem as good but they are still the best in the world at the time. Look at Royce. He would get beat by competitive purple and blue belts today. It doesn't mean they suck. It's just the progression of the sport.

He was a fraud, could fight on Tren and Meth in Pride but useless in the UFC

For his time he was good. Of course he would suck in the modern era, most fighters of that era would. He is very undersized for current 205ers. The sport has evolved and a lot of the greats are very mediocre compared to present day fighters. Matt Hughes is a great but no one talks about him because he is mediocre compared to the fighters we have now.

LHW has been trash for years, what are you on?

Back