Volk will destroy Topuria

I'm australian, and i love volk.
I think its hard to write topuria off though, dude has grit for days, plus speed and power.
They don't have any crossover opponents, so its hard to confidently say it is or isnt, but if the speed difference is negligible, topuria is gunna be a hard fight for volk imo.

YES THANK YOU!! :rolleyes:
This will be just like with YAIR :rolleyes:
giphy.gif

I'm sick of Sherdoggers underestimating Volk because he lost against a dude that was twice his weight and size :rolleyes:
Kinda a weird reaction I think most people looked at volk Yair as a volk win while accepting that Yair has intangibles that could make it interesting.

Obviously twice his weight and size is a huge overstatement but the fact volks coming back so shortly after getting kod says a bit. As time passes it’ll be easier and easier to pick against volk. It would be absolutely unprecedented if volk wins this fight against illa. Every single statistic would point to volk losing this February.

Volk is passing by his mid thirties. His prime will end eventually. Someone younger and undefeated is a tough customer for anyone on their 10th title fight in the ufc.

Everybody talks about Stricklands defense at 63

Topuria is at 67, of course it's a thing of opposition, but that's probably top 3-5 current top10 fighters

But Topuria won't get destroyed. Maybe caught, maybe decisioned, maybe leg kicked.
But not destroyed

Got Topuria in this one, Volk got slower, chin is average now. He is old

Oh and ban the white belt

Last edited:
topuria gonna get his leg kicked to shit and maybe even taken down if volk feels like it.

idk what people are seeing. He jumps back and forth for striking defense but his lead leg is always there to get chewwed up and he didn't punish Emmett enough the few times he threw leg kicks. Once he's slowed down Volk is gonna make him look like Ortega.
<36>

I'm Spanish, and a big Topuria fan.
But I believe there's levels to this.

Father Time is undefeated. He comes earlier for manlets, and even earlier for extreme manlets like Volk. In his prime, Volk was levels above Topuria. But Volk is no longer in his prime, he turns 36 this year. His level is declining, likely faster than he realizes or is willing to admit.

Look what what happened to Frankie Edgar at age 36.

I'm neither Spanish nor Australian and i hope Volk wins over Toppie

I'm australian, and i love volk.
I think its hard to write topuria off though, dude has grit for days, plus speed and power.
They don't have any crossover opponents, so its hard to confidently say it is or isnt, but if the speed difference is negligible, topuria is gunna be a hard fight for volk imo.

I actually don't think Topuria is all that fast. He clenches his fist and throws overly-tense, somewhat telegraphed punches IMO. He is powerful though.

Imo, Volk is the looser/quicker of the two.

I don't think the biggest question in this fight is who the better fighter is, it's whether or not Volk has aged enough for competition to catch up to him.

35 turning 36 this year, if I remember right in the lighter weight classes champions records are absolutely horrific once they turn 35. Time marches on, even for legends.

At some point Volk will fall off a cliff. The question is will it be his next fight? I don’t think so, personally.

Everybody talks about Stricklands defense at 63

Topuria is at 67, of course it's a thing of opposition, but that's probably top 3-5 current top10 fighters

But Topuria won't get destroyed. Maybe caught, maybe decisioned, maybe leg kicked.
But not destroyed

Got Topuria in this one, Volk got slower, chin is average now. He is old

Oh and ban the white belt
Topuria 67% defense - 6 figths in UFC

Strickland 63% defense - 20 figths in UFC

That's a huge gap in their defense skills bro.

Topuria will have to be very active for at least 5 years to reach 20 ufc figths, let's see if he can keep that % high .

Well Topuria will be the first challenger on a legit win streak to fight Volk since he became champ. Both Ortega* and KZ were on a 1 fight win streak when they fought Volk. And Yair was technically on a 2 fight win streak including the injury win over Ortega. Still though, probably going with Volk as of right now.

*Why is Ortega still ranked in the top 5 anyway? He literally has 1 win since 2018 and that was against Korean Zombie who is retired.

I don't think the biggest question in this fight is who the better fighter is, it's whether or not Volk has aged enough for competition to catch up to him.

35 turning 36 this year, if I remember right in the lighter weight classes champions records are absolutely horrific once they turn 35. Time marches on, even for legends.
At WW and below, 35+ year olds are 1-19 against under 35ers in title fights (Woodley beating Till was the only time it's happened). At LW and below, I believe the record is 0-12. I have to agree with you. Relatively short turn around for a mid-30s FW who endured a 5 round war and nasty finish in 2023 doesn't set Volk up for success.

Im spanier that you and Topuria is gonna win. But I cant see him dominanting.. we'll see.

Back