News Volk says Aldo is FW GOAT

Obviously. The last WEC featherweight champ, unified the WEC and UFC featherweight titles after defending the WEC belt twice, and defended the UFC title seven times. Will be a while before anyone surpasses Aldo as the 145 GOAT.
Aldo and Ronda never unified the belts, they were given them and simple defended.

Hendo attempted to unify belts.

Dominick Cruz fought in WeC for the inaugural UFC title which was kind of unique (fighting for a UFC belt in WeC).

Not taking anything from Aldo he just didn’t have to unify or fight for an inaugural belt. He and Ronda were both promoted to being champs and their first fight was defending the belt.

Aldo is absolutely the FW GOAT. Alex and Max are right up there as legends but Aldo is king. His run compares to the greats in other divisions.

Volk's being humble, he's the FW Goat.
Has FAR better wins even if his title reign wasn't as long. Beat Max 3x, Aldo, Mendes, Ortega, Yair, Zombie, Etc..

Aldo has a better resume

Edgar 2x
Mendes 2x
Faber
Brown
Prime Korean Zombie
Lamas
Swanson
Florian
Moicano

The fact you list an old KZ as a top win when Aldo beat him in his prime says it all. Yair has no ground game, Edgar ran through him like hot butter. Ortega fights once a year and barely has any wins. Neither of those guys would have sniffed a title shot in Aldo's prime.

Shows how quickly people forget in mma. One fight can change your entire legacy. Jon Jones knows this. At least people like Aldo press on, but at the same time, they have to know when it's time to call it quits. Aka Dominick Cruz, etc.

Because the UFC didn't even have those divisions. WEC had the premier featherweight and bantamweight divisions, which is why they combine it when talking about division history.
Yea exactly my point. It wasn’t a unification. You don’t have to specify the obvious…….. the point is don’t call it a unification because they had nothing to unify since the division didn’t exist both ways……..

But Cruz despite the UFC no having that division had to compete for the inaugural UFC title on a WeC card. He had to defend his WeC belt and compete for the UFC inaugural belt the same night. He wasn’t just promoted and defending right away like Aldo and Ronda he had to claim it first.

Yes his accomplishments are the highest
But head to head he is not even top 3 of the division

GSP, Jones, DJ and Anderson are not only the goats of their division, but likely the best head to head

They certainly don't have 3 guys in the sports short history that are better

So Aldo is definitely great,but Conor, Max and volk all have his number

Aldo has a better resume

Edgar 2x
Mendes 2x
Faber
Brown
Prime Korean Zombie
Lamas
Swanson
Florian
Moicano

The fact you list an old KZ as a top win when Aldo beat him in his prime says it all. Yair has no ground game, Edgar ran through him like hot butter. Ortega fights once a year and barely has any wins. Neither of those guys would have sniffed a title shot in Aldo's prime.
There's no way you actually think that. I know some of those are good wins, but Volk's resume is far better.

Max Holloway is better than all of the ones you listed and an all time great counting for FAR more than the likes of any you mentioned(Edgar is probably a HOF'er but not even in the same class as Max IMO) 3x
Aldo: Beat him head-to-head which should also count for ALOT as well even though he was on his last legs at FW, he still UD'd him easily
Mendes: retired him and KO'd him on a FON.
Zombie: short notice, but completely outclassed him brutally
Ortega who brutally finished Edgar just a few fights before and outclassed him

Aldo losing every other FW GOAT candidate of his time should knock some massive points of his case as well.

Obviously. The last WEC featherweight champ, unified the WEC and UFC featherweight titles after defending the WEC belt twice, and defended the UFC title seven times. Will be a while before anyone surpasses Aldo as the 145 GOAT.
Unified? Against what UFC FW champion did he Unify? There was no UFC FW division and Aldo was given the UFC title with the WEC being absorbed by the UFC.

Yea exactly my point. It wasn’t a unification. You don’t have to specify the obvious…….. the point is don’t call it a unification because they had nothing to unify since the division didn’t exist both ways……..

But Cruz despite the UFC no having that division had to compete for the inaugural UFC title on a WeC card. He had to defend his WeC belt and compete for the UFC inaugural belt the same night. He wasn’t just promoted and defending right away like Aldo and Ronda he had to claim it first.
It's kind of a moot point with Cruz. The reason he "competed" for the inaugural title is because he fought on the last card and defended his title and the WEC title became the UFC title following that event. The winner was going to be the UFC champ regardless. Aldo didn't compete in WEC between the announcement of the merger and the last event.

There's no way you actually think that. I know some of those are good wins, but Volk's resume is far better.

I think you're the one who doesn't believe what you are saying. That or you're a newb who started watching last year.

Max Holloway is better than all of the ones you listed and an all time great counting for FAR more than the likes of any you mentioned
Volk beat the same fighter 3 times and 2 of them were razor sharp decisions that fans think he lost. Aldo was a much more dominant champ in a deeper division who beat a greater number of great fighters.

(Edgar is probably a HOF'er but not even in the same class as Max IMO) 3x
Edgar was the lightweight champ and an all time great. The only reason he wasn't featherweight champ himself is because of Aldo.

Aldo: Beat him head-to-head which should also count for ALOT as well even though he was on his last legs at FW, he still UD'd him easily
Aldo was out of prime.

Mendes: retired him and KO'd him on a FON.
Nice win. Didn't fight the same Mendes Aldo did though.

Zombie: short notice, but completely outclassed him brutally
Again, Zombie was old and on the verge of retirement. Aldo beat him in his prime. The fact you brought this up as one of his best wins speaks to the weaker talent pool.

Ortega who brutally finished Edgar just a few fights before and outclassed him
Ortega fought Edgar when he was old and out of prime. He would have gotten smoked by a prime Edgar and anyone who has been watching MMA for the last 10 years knows that. Ortega's entire run to the title picture consists of pulling finishes out of hus ass in fights he was losing and he has barely done anything since then. He would also get smoked by a prime Mendes or Lamas.

Aldo losing every other FW GOAT candidate of his time should knock some massive points of his case as well.
It doesn't work that way. Silva losing to Weidman 2x doesn't make Weidman greater than Silva. If Topuria beats Max and Volk again it wouldn't make Topuria greater than either of them. What matters is how long a fighter's run was at the top and who they fought.

Somehow you retards can understand this when it comes to other divisions and other fighters but completely shut your brain off when it comes to Aldo

Aldo has a better resume

Edgar 2x
Mendes 2x
Faber
Brown
Prime Korean Zombie
Lamas
Swanson
Florian
Moicano

I do think Aldo's era make the arguments significantly different to Max and Volk. I mean for one thing there just wasnt anyone of his own, Max or Volks status that he could have beaten at the time simply because the division was not established enough. Also though because the division was pretty young few of Aldos wins stand out as being past prime names. Edgar the second time I spose you could argue he was aging a bit but he still pickup up a couple of quality wins after Aldo beat him.

I think you're the one who doesn't believe what you are saying. That or you're a newb who started watching last year.

Volk beat the same fighter 3 times and 2 of them were razor sharp decisions that fans think he lost. Aldo was a much more dominant champ in a deeper division who beat a greater number of great fighters.

Edgar was the lightweight champ and an all time great. The only reason he wasn't featherweight champ himself is because of Aldo.

Aldo was out of prime.

Nice win. Didn't fight the same Mendes Aldo did though.

Again, Zombie was old and on the verge of retirement. Aldo beat him in his prime. The fact you brought this up as one of his best wins speaks to the weaker talent pool.

Ortega fought Edgar when he was old and out of prime. He would have gotten smoked by a prime Edgar and anyone who has been watching MMA for the last 10 years knows that. Ortega's entire run to the title picture consists of pulling finishes out of hus ass in fights he was losing and he has barely done anything since then. He would also get smoked by a prime Mendes or Lamas.

It doesn't work that way. Silva losing to Weidman 2x doesn't make Weidman greater than Silva. If Topuria beats Max and Volk again it wouldn't make Topuria greater than either of them. What matters is how long a fighter's run was at the top and who they fought.

Somehow you retards can understand this when it comes to other divisions and other fighters but completely shut your brain off when it comes to Aldo

I agree with a lot of this, but nobody in their right mind thinks volk lost the first or third fight with max. I've never seen a single human score either of those for Max

Last edited:
Volk's being humble, he's the FW Goat.
Has FAR better wins even if his title reign wasn't as long. Beat Max 3x, Aldo, Mendes, Ortega, Yair, Zombie, Etc..
Besides Max, none of his wins are better than Aldo's. Mendes and Zombie were shell of themselves. Aldo beat much better versions of them. Ortega and Yair are def not better wins than Lamas and Edgar. Aldo wasn't in his prime in 2019 while Volk was just entering his. So..

It's kind of a moot point with Cruz. The reason he "competed" for the inaugural title is because he fought on the last card and defended his title and the WEC title became the UFC title following that event. The winner was going to be the UFC champ regardless. Aldo didn't compete in WEC between the announcement of the merger and the last event.
It was officially competed for though. It wasn’t just a promotion……..

And again my response was to “Aldo unified the belt”……. You’re coming with a bunch of irreverent “but but but’s”. All your points are moot after “Aldo did not unify”.

I still consider Cruz situation unique the Aldo and Ronda’s.

Edit: ah I see you’re up there doing the million excuses for everything Aldo. Now I get it. I think Aldo is the GOAT, but he didn’t unify anything…….. you’re throwing out all the excuses at anyone with a varying opinion lol “past prime this, this and that was the reason”..

Anybody with a clue knows that.

It’s only noobs, trolls, or stupid people that call people like Usman, Izzy, and Alex divisional GOATs. None of them even came close to the consecutive defences the actual GOATs have.
And prolly never will. Ppl see the belt nowadays as a stepping stone for a free TS at the upper weight class.

It was officially competed for though. It wasn’t just a promotion……..

And again my response was to “Aldo unified the belt”……. You’re coming with a bunch of irreverent “but but but’s”. All your points are moot after “Aldo did not unify”.

I still consider Cruz situation unique the Aldo and Ronda’s.

Edit: ah I see you’re up there doing the million excuses for everything Aldo. Now I get it. I think Aldo is the GOAT, but he didn’t unify anything…….. you’re throwing out all the excuses at anyone with a varying opinion lol “past prime this, this and that was the reason”..

I'm pointing out it's moot. The existing WEC champion became the UFC champion after the WEC folded. Cruz happened to be competing at the last WEC event so they marketed the winner as getting the UFC title. Had they not announced that it wouldn't have changed anything. You're trying to make a distinction here that isn't really important. Neither of them unified a belt because the UFC belt didn't exist. The WEC belt became the UFC belt and the WEC division became the UFC division.

Also not a moot point. Cruz would have an extra title defense like Aldo and Ronda he was “promoted”. It actually changes his title defense -1.

Back