Vitor vs. Hendo stoppage?

Standing up into a headkick doesn't count as intelligent defense, so....... good stoppage.

I think it was more a wrestler's instinct kicking in. Sometimes fighters get knocked out but proceeds to take the opponent down (or the ref at times :icon_lol:)

So, he grabs Vitor's ankle after getting dropped, pounded, headkicked....what was he going to do with it? :wink:

Same thing Sheilds did to him, or Mir did to Nog :wink:

If it was anyone other than Hendo on the receiving end of that kick no one would be saying a word about a bad stoppage.

Exactly.

Mirg should've known better.

Instead he had a rush of blood & murded the main event.

Everybody who thinks it was early, after seeing the slow-motion replay, should be banned from posting here for 1 month.

Dan got rocked twice. Once with the punch and then again with the kick. To believe that having Vitor reign down 30 punches on his head, inside of 5 seconds, would have helped him is like believing in fairy tales.

good stoppage. Hendo wasn't going anywhere after the head kick.

To believe that having Vitor reign down 30 punches on his head, inside of 5 seconds, would have helped him is like believing in fairy tales.

I see a pretty high volume of Sherdoggers with biblical quotes in their sigs, so...yeah...

Same thing Sheilds did to him, or Mir did to Nog :wink:

Mir or Shields grabbing ankle =/= Hendo grabbing ankle

Even Hendo was semi-conscious we definitely weren't going to see some savvy reversals or submissions. :)

Or diaz Daley, Or frankie Maynard, or Franklin Wanderlei 2. People recover, crazy shit happens. Not saying it would have, but it could have considering Hendos chin and recovery. Wanderlei, Fejaio, and Fedor all had him hurt and he came back and ko'd them.

Or diaz Daley, Or frankie Maynard, or Franklin Wanderlei 2. People recover, crazy shit happens. Not saying it would have, but it could have considering Hendos chin and recovery. Wanderlei, Fejaio, and Fedor all had him hurt and he came back and ko'd them.

Diaz started moving his head as soon as he hit the floor and Franklin was conscious and defending himself by pushing Wanderlei away with his legs.. on the other hand, Hendo just dropped with zero attempt to break the fall and just grabbed Vitor's ankle when that defensive instinct kicked in.

Hendo is a monster but when guys like Mark Hunt (who's got a bigger head + thicker skull) can get knocked out, Hendo surely can too.

Shoul;d have added an option for perfect stoppage, not too late not to early, just right.

How can anyone think it was early? Didn't he not get up for a while after the stoppage? Hell, I think it should have been stopped sooner, during the GNP. He was getting pulverized.

What fucking lunatics are saying that was early?

I have no idea, those people are blood thirsty

Live it seemed a little quick, but in the replays Henderson looks done, dude is laying there with his eyes closed

Like I said, I can only understand thinking it was early based on initial reaction, but the stoppage is fine when you review the replays as you can see that Dan is done

Hendo could have recovered if it was against anyone else.

Against Vitor it was a good stoppage. He got hit like 100 times and dropped like a sack of potatoes two times during just few seconds.

Good stoppage. Im a fan of hendo but he wasnt getting back up with vitor on him.

I don't know why this is even a discussion. Hendo's head bounced on the floor like a basketball with his arms flailing. If that's not being finished then I don't know what is.

Back