4. Sister Act
5. Aladdin
6. Wayne's World
7. A League of Their Own
8. Basic Instinct
9. The Bodyguard
10. A Few Good Men

Anybody know about this?!?

And Lethal Weapon 3 eeks out Sister Act for a spot on the podium...

I told ya'll Boxers don't stand a chance fighting a Kickboxer. It's math really, a Kickboxer has hands AND feet. Boxer only gots hands

First time anyone has seen this. This was talked about a lot on here in the past.

This is like the Rickson Gracie-Yoji Anjo video surfacing.

In short, don't be such a dipshit.

Where is this video?

I told ya'll Boxers don't stand a chance fighting a Kickboxer. It's math really, a Kickboxer has hands AND feet. Boxer only gots hands

I see you have no idea klitschko was a kickboxer.

"Originally Klitschko was an amateur kickboxer. In 1992 he was knocked out by a kick in the final of the European Kickboxing Championships +89 kg light contact division by Englishman Pel

Vitali was hardly a world-class boxer back then. This doesn't tell us anything about an elite boxer vs. a kickboxer, especially an elite boxer with some background in kickboxing.

Vitali was hardly a world-class boxer back then. This doesn't tell us anything about an elite boxer vs. a kickboxer, especially an elite boxer with some background in kickboxing.

Just shows he's scared of feet and can't multitask and only deal with hands.

The guys on here are retarded. This is a huge fucking find, worthy of being compared to Rickson/Anjo for sure, simply because it has been a part of Klitschko/boxing lore forever. Everyone has talked about this match for many years and I personally never thought I'd see it myself.

Obviously the video has no implication on Vitali's skill level now as it was over two decades ago. It's funny to read people on the boxing sites say "I guess he really has no chin!!".. Yeah, the 50 boxing matches he had after this without getting dropped really prove that point.

I am a huge Vitali fan but have to admit seeing him get KO'd was nuts, especially when in the past he tried to say this never happened. Really crazy to watch despite when it happened. It's like when Fedor was undefeated and a video came out of Reem catching him in a guillotine in training and Fedor tapped. It meant nothing really but people were shocked to see someone who is usually inhuman look semi vulnerable. This is like that on a bigger scale. Thanks for the post

Aside from the fact that he was 34-1 with 22ko's in kickboxing as a pro. Majority of fighters get ko'd eventually. do you have anything rational to say?

This is the stupidest fucking post I have ever seen. Reminds me of why I don't come on Sherdog anymore really.

He was a pro kickboxer with nearly 40 fights before he even did boxing. Why are you alive?

This is the stupidest fucking post I have ever seen. Reminds me of why I don't come on Sherdog anymore really.

He was a pro kickboxer with nearly 40 fights before he even did boxing. Why are you alive?

He might have been kidding...

Lol'd. Don't die of a heart attack now.

For the past two years the kickboxing commentators have claimed that Robin van Roosmalen's dad knocked out either Wlad or Vitali in a kickboxing bout as well. Did anyone ever find out if there was any truth to that?

img013rz.jpg

img014i.jpg

Any Dutch who would be kind of enough to peruse this and give us any info that may pertain to it?

Here ya go buddy:

-kickboxing gala (not sure if that's the right word for it in English) in Kiev. Ukrainian team was matched up against a Dutch team.

-talking about some other fights. (Not sure if anyone want's these translated?)

Roosmalen-Kltischko bout:

At the time of the fight Wladimir is champion in boxing and vice-champion in amateurs
understandibly Roosmalen was a heavy heavy underdog.

-Roosmalen starts by attacking Klitschko's front leg.
-Klitschko no rikey and was jumping up to 3 feet high to try and avout the leg kicks.
-Waldimir is able to get his boxing going, forcing Roosmalen to defend.
-Roosmalen hits a leg kick and Wladimir's face shows he's in pain.

Round five:
-By now Wladimir kept his hands low fearing the next leg kick.
-Roosmalen leads with a right hook, all three trainers in Roosmalens corner scream out "NOW!" at the same time...
-A left high kick hits Vladimir on the head.
-Wladimir is KTFO and falls trough the ropes Rampage-style landing nearly in the lap of the ringdoctor.
-For minutes doctors were standing around Wladimir.
-After a "long" time he was finally able to stand up though be it unstable.
-Kiev Crowd cheering like crazy for Roosmalen. Kinda like Rocky 4 I guess..

Here ya go buddy:

-kickboxing gala (not sure if that's the right word for it in English) in Kiev. Ukrainian team was matched up against a Dutch team.

-talking about some other fights. (Not sure if anyone want's these translated?)

Roosmalen-Kltischko bout:

At the time of the fight Wladimir is champion in boxing and vice-champion in amateurs
understandibly Roosmalen was a heavy heavy underdog.

-Roosmalen starts by attacking Klitschko's front leg.
-Klitschko no rikey and was jumping up to 3 feet high to try and avout the leg kicks.
-Waldimir is able to get his boxing going, forcing Roosmalen to defend.
-Roosmalen hits a leg kick and Wladimir's face shows he's in pain.

Round five:
-By now Wladimir kept his hands low fearing the next leg kick.
-Roosmalen leads with a right hook, all three trainers in Roosmalens corner scream out "NOW!" at the same time...
-A left high kick hits Vladimir on the head.
-Wladimir is KTFO and falls trough the ropes Rampage-style landing nearly in the lap of the ringdoctor.
-For minutes doctors were standing around Wladimir.
-After a "long" time he was finally able to stand up though be it unstable.
-Kiev Crowd cheering like crazy for Roosmalen. Kinda like Rocky 4 I guess..

Any mention of a video in that article? Sounds crazy

Any mention of a video in that article? Sounds crazy

I'm somewhat suspicious about the legitimacy of it.

The first is that the story seems to change every time it's repeated. For a long time it was supposedly Vitali who William van Roosmalen stopped, not, Wladimir.

Secondly to that I'm not sure Wladimir ever engaged in competitive kickboxing. Even if he did, the contest supposedly happened in March 1995. Two months later Wladimir competed in the World Amateur Boxing championships and I find it somewhat unlikely that Wlad would take a full contact bout (with low kicks) which if nothing else would severely impact his training, so shortly before such a major event.

Recollections of the event are different too. From the translation provided of the article Roosmalen seems to have been in control, keeping whichever Klitschko it was at bay with leg kicks despite having to defend. But this thread (which again lists it as being Vitali he beat), a poster claims he spoke to William and that the Klitschko was dominating the bout having broken his ribs, forced him to take a count and closed one eye before the finish.

Finally there should be video. As I understand it the entire event was broadcast on German TV and while clearly the mid-1990's weren't the same as today with regards to footage being available it seems surprising that nothing has shown up at all.

I'm somewhat suspicious about the legitimacy of it.

No offense as I think you are a solid and reasonable poster, but most boxing fans thought Klitschko getting KO'd by Reid was "suspicious" too...

In any case, seeing as people seem to be getting butthurt about either side of the boxing vs kickboxing argument, let's just go ahead and agree that neither boxers nor kickboxers would hop into either sport these days and dominate their competition. Getting tired of hearing that dumb shit either way, granted I've never actually read a credible poster in this forum say anything to that effect (sadly I can't say the opposite).

In any case, only the glorious master race Thais are capable of such a feat.

Back