Virtue Signaling in Gaming Megathread, v.1

You can literally play BG3 fully nude, at no point in the game does that go away ever. So if it's a question of revealing outfits, then why does BG3 get a complete pass

For it goes against the design structure of gearing in a RPG game. The player would need to actively choose to play like that which is a hindrance to game progression. In the game options a parental control exists to forbid that along with all other sexualized content.

All but one outfit in Stellar Blade from my understanding doesnt have stats. Their presence is simply to accent certain characteristics of the main characters body. One outfit that does is aptly named the "Skin Suit".

For it goes against the design structure of gearing in a RPG game. The player would need to actively choose to play like that which is a hindrance to game progression. In the game options a parental control exists to forbid that along with all other sexualized content.

All but one outfit in Stellar Blade from my understanding doesnt have stats. Their presence is simply to accent certain characteristics of the main characters body. One outfit that does is aptly named the "Skin Suit".
You can play nude and still have the benefits of the equipped gear, your equipment just doesn't display. It is not a hinderance, it's full nudity, it's there, along with bestiality and penis jiggle physics, multitude of romance options, etc. The sexualized content doesn't go away.

Stellar blade has none of that, yet is censored. Why?

You can play nude and still have the benefits of the equipped gear,

My bad. Way its done in BG3 is by equipping no clothing and enabling the option to hide armor.

Regardless, Hugo Martin talked about this in the NoClip documentary. How they avoid the Adult Only rating with the amount of gore Doom has. Using fictional species creates leeway with the ratings board.

My bad. Way its done in BG3 is by equipping no clothing and enabling the option to hide armor.

Regardless, Hugo Martin talked about this in the NoClip documentary. How they avoid the Adult Only rating with the amount of gore Doom has. Using fictional species creates leeway with the ratings board.
which people do. full frontal nudity and other degeneracy never goes away in BG3. it exists outside of pacing and duration, the entire game. that doesn't make sense.

So why does Stellar Blade get censored for showing far less and games like BG3/Cyberpunk do not?

Stop replying to that incel. He just repeats the same shit over and over again even when you articulate your points well.

Stop replying to that incel. He just repeats the same shit over and over again even when you articulate your points well.

Some interesting topics involve Stellar Blade. From the amount of control Sony has over Shift Up, how ESRB ratings are handled, design choices that South Korean game studios clearly follow and console makers not being interested with having Adult Only rated games on their platform.

With him i wouldnt call him a incel. His problem is being emotionally charged on a topic while refusing to acknowledge nuanced reasoning.

says the guy who flip flops on his stance, says something was censored, then says it wasn't censored, and then can't even articulate an answer as to why stellar blade is censored and other games like BG3/Cyberpunk which depicts full frontal nudity and much more, isn't censored?

you're a disingenuous, intellect deficient, dishonest liar, who backs down everytime.

Some interesting topics involve Stellar Blade. From the amount of control Sony has over Shift Up, how ESRB ratings are handled, design choices that South Korean game studios clearly follow and console makers not being interested with having Adult Only rated games on their platform.

With him i wouldnt call him a incel. His problem is being emotionally charged on a topic while refusing to acknowledge nuanced reasoning.
I assure you, I am very much so writing without emotion. I'm asking a simple question, which should receive a simple answer, one that makes logical sense. Pacing and duration IMO, has nothing to do with the sexualized content of the games, as the sexualized content is involved throughout the game. That doesn't work. One game gets a pass, and another one doesn't? It's an obvious double standard, which you have to admit, to do so otherwise, it intellectual dishonesty. I agree with your first points however, it is very interesting. Sony has all of the control, the publisher. However, they let other games on their platform distribute their sexualized content, uncensored, without a peep. It is very interesting, and deserves honest discussion.

Simplest answer is that Sony as the publisher and console maker set the standard of acceptable content on their platform.
so why do they allow BG3/Cyberpunk content, which features way more sexual content and censors Stellar Blade?

says the guy who flip flops on his stance, says something was censored, then says it wasn't censored, and then can't even articulate an answer as to why stellar blade is censored and other games like BG3/Cyberpunk which depicts full frontal nudity and much more, isn't censored?

you're a disingenuous, intellect deficient, dishonest liar, who backs down everytime.
lol I’ve been consistent in saying it’s an artistic change like the director said, it holds up based on there being a lot of outfits that are revealing. But of course you don’t know this since you will never play the game. We should start a gofundme to get you a hooker. One touch from a woman and you’ll probably shut the fuck up for a good while.

so why do they allow BG3/Cyberpunk content, which features way more sexual content and censors Stellar Blade?
In fairness, "they" are simply the producers who bow down to pressure. Gaming companies can do whatever the hell they want. If they bow down to perceived public pressure(or otherwise) to make some changes, it's on them. It's the same thing with violence. Some will tone it down, some won't. I'm still amazed at the level of depravity that "Red Dead Redemption 2" showcases, with nary a peep about it. You can rope and drag a black guy across the cotton fields in that game if you want to, and yet, there were no protests for being allowed to do that. However, plenty of other games got nailed by "watchdogs" or whoever the fuck, and neutered their games to appease them.

There's not much rhyme or reason to it. All depends on if the production company cares to play that PR game, or not. If this game was censored in any way, put the blame on the people who made it for submitting to the pressure. It's got nothing to do with other companies who didn't give a fuck and put their game out there as intended.

BG3 from what i understand depicts sexual acts like that of a R rated movie.

You can literally take off clothing of female characters and have them walk around naked in public, and sell their underwear.

So it can get much weirder than any R-rated movie.

I'm still amazed at the level of depravity that "Red Dead Redemption 2" showcases, with nary a peep about it.

Rockstar Games foundation on how to market their games is by manufacturing controversy.

lol I’ve been consistent in saying it’s an artistic change like the director said, it holds up based on there being a lot of outfits that are revealing. But of course you don’t know this since you will never play the game. We should start a gofundme to get you a hooker. One touch from a woman and you’ll probably shut the fuck up for a good while.
dude you resort to the lamest personal attacks, incel, and i've never touched a woman? judging from these brief interactions with your lame ass, i'm positive i've fucked way hotter women than you ever have, 100%.

also, it's called censorship you fucking moron. costumes were censored. quit being a disingenuous loser.

In fairness, "they" are simply the producers who bow down to pressure. Gaming companies can do whatever the hell they want. If they bow down to perceived public pressure(or otherwise) to make some changes, it's on them. It's the same thing with violence. Some will tone it down, some won't. I'm still amazed at the level of depravity that "Red Dead Redemption 2" showcases, with nary a peep about it. You can rope and drag a black guy across the cotton fields in that game if you want to, and yet, there were no protests for being allowed to do that. However, plenty of other games got nailed by "watchdogs" or whoever the fuck, and neutered their games to appease them.

There's not much rhyme or reason to it. All depends on if the production company cares to play that PR game, or not. If this game was censored in any way, put the blame on the people who made it for submitting to the pressure. It's got nothing to do with other companies who didn't give a fuck and put their game out there as intended.
but the blame has to go on Sony as well. they allow games that show far more sexual content BG3/Cyberpunk, and sell them on their platform without a peep. But Stellar Blade is censored. it's an obvious double standard, one that many people for some reason cannot admit, or answer why.

Back