Video: Why These Headhunters Converted to Christianity | National Geographic

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some of the last surviving Naga headhunters describe how they once killed members of other tribes, a practice that ended when they converted to Christianity. Today these men are elderly, and their region in northern India, Nagaland, hasa higher percentage of Baptists than the state of Mississippi.

Jesus will definitely help you not kill people and chop their heads off.

Islam should take notice.

Jesus is the best headhunter in the sense of recruiting souls!

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the "convert or we will murder your entire village" Idea

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the "convert or we will murder your entire village" Idea
Yup, that strategy would work very well in India where Christians and Muslims are repeatedly targeted by Hindu nationalists.

Do they have as many guns as the state of Mississippi ? .

The head hunters up north in the mountains of the philippines were converted by american missionaries through goodwill and education. Something that the Spanish couldn't do with their 333 years of occupation.

It amazes me the power of Christianity through history to convert people. I can't imagine the conversations that took place that ended up converting the Vikings and other warlike peoples (ignoring those who were forced to convert). Christianity does seem to have something very persuasive about it.

It amazes me the power of Christianity through history to convert people..... Christianity does seem to have something very persuasive about it.

Free wafers and wine , who can resist that .

It amazes me the power of Christianity through history to convert people. I can't imagine the conversations that took place that ended up converting the Vikings and other warlike peoples (ignoring those who were forced to convert). Christianity does seem to have something very persuasive about it.

Not a Christian here...

But it is difficult to read the Gospels and not be moved/inspired by the teachings of Christ.

If more Christians actually followed his teachings the world would be a much better place.

Not a Christian here...

But it is difficult to read the Gospels and not be moved/inspired by the teachings of Christ.

If more Christians actually followed his teachings the world would be a much better place.
I like the part where he hits bankers with a whip and drives them out of an important government institution

I like the part where he hits bankers with a whip and drives them out of an important government institution

I like how he is the chiefly hurt when another man's feet are trodden upon, how he will burn you for eternity for a finite crime, how you should love another as yourself, which is impossible and absurd, and how he demands you love and fear him (the master-slave relationship) at the same time.

Other than that, I fail to see how human morality could have progressed without an a-political peasant who promoted one of the more brutal gods of bloodshed.

I like how he is the chiefly hurt when another man's feet are trodden upon, how he will burn you for eternity for a finite crime, how you should love another as yourself, which is impossible and absurd, and how he demands you love and fear him (the master-slave relationship) at the same time.

Other than that, I fail to see how human morality could have progressed without an a-political peasant who promoted one of the more brutal gods of bloodshed.
Talk like this is why you got torn apart by a bear

The head hunters up north in the mountains of the philippines were converted by american missionaries through goodwill and education. Something that the Spanish couldn't do with their 333 years of occupation.

When the americans went south, it all went south; Islam had a firm root over there and they had to resort to democracy by arms. They peppered the Moros with .22s to no avail. A shining achievement in history by the Filipinos: the proliferation of .45 caliber guns cuz anything smaller won't stop the Moros (and still they can't be stopped: they're still rebels a century later).

BTW, the spanish were busy fucking the local women (literally) that conversion efforts in out-of-the-way places were nearly nil; this was something alluded to by Jose Rizal (the namesake of Tekken character Josie Rizal) in his novels. No surprise that many Filipinos are of mestizo/mixed-blood heritage...

the abrahamic faiths of islam and christianity are really the only ones that even attempt to convert people. so that alone may explain their success in converting people lol. most buddhists dont care if youre a buddhist, for example.

the abrahamic faiths of islam and christianity are really the only ones that even attempt to convert people. so that alone may explain their success in converting people lol. most buddhists dont care if youre a buddhist, for example.

yeah they just set Muslims on fire and sell meditation packages to white people because they don´t care

Yes, the Buddhists in Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Laos to mention a few are famed for how they treat religious minorities like Christians and Muslims so well.

Yes, the Buddhists in Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Laos to mention a few are famed for how they treat religious minorities like Christians and Muslims so well.

conflict with people is not the same as seeking conversions. is that what theyre doing?

conflict with people is not the same as seeking conversions. is that what theyre doing?
Yes, they have implemented so-called anti-conversion laws in several Buddhist countries and those that converts to other religions are often persecuted!

Back