(Video) Two Women Sparring Stand Up In 1901

Z28MARO

Wood Belt
@Black
Reaction score
As a huge boxing and MMA fan I love watching old footage and analyzing it to see what moves or certain techniques have withstood the test of time so to say. I was digging deep and watching a few Jack Johnson fights (Dude was scary) then stumbled across this clip of these two lady's boxing in dresses. The lady in black looks like she's thrown a few hands in her day lol. The one in white just tries to throw them bungalows and spams the right hand. I laughed almost the entire time watching this. Appearantly spinning shit wasn't frowned upon either. Both of their boxing skills are poor but they seem to be trying to get after it and push the pace. Have you guys seen this clip? The one in the black is like a Dom cruz with no head movement or footwork mixed with jardine lol
<36>

As a huge boxing and MMA fan I love watching old footage and analyzing it to see what moves or certain techniques have withstood the test of time so to say. I was digging deep and watching a few Jack Johnson fights (Dude was scary) then stumbled across this clip of these two lady's boxing in dresses. The lady in black looks like she's thrown a few hands in her day lol. The one in white just tries to throw them bungalows and spams the right hand. I laughed almost the entire time watching this. Appearantly spinning shit wasn't frowned upon either. Both of their boxing skills are poor but they seem to be trying to get after it and push the pace. Have you guys seen this clip? The one in the black is like a Dom cruz with no head movement or footwork mixed with jardine lol
<36>

Bunch of sluts showing their ankles

They stand right in front of each other and duke it out without hands up... are they Irish?

Bunch of sluts showing their ankles

They stand right in front of each other and duke it out without hands up... are they Irish?
Nah its the oldschool way, they havent invented hands up back then yet

Nah its the oldschool way, they havent invented hands up back then yet
Wouldn't matter, its clear these broads have iron chins.

That fight clip had more action than any PBF / Shields fight

Last edited:
They'd KO any of the girls in the UFC right now

That was kind of impressive. They had some obvious mistakes, but I liked a lot of what they were doing. It looks like they had watched a ton of boxing but weren't trained, and had pretty clearly done this before.

Goof stuff. I'm sure they could annihilate the average lady.

Wouldn't matter, its clear these broads have iron chins.

That fight clip had more action than any PBF / Sheilds fight
I love how they just start throwing
They'd KO any of the girls in the UFC right now
Imagine them with modern training lol.

That was kind of impressive. They had some obvious mistakes, but I liked a lot of what they were doing. It looks like they had watched a ton of boxing but weren't trained, and had pretty clearly done this before.

The lady in black was landing that lead left hook at will. Also who the hell spars with a HAT on!? How'd her hat stay on?

No iphone, instagram and shit back in the day. They had to keep themselves busy somehow.

I love how they just start throwing
Yeah, them old folks don't mess around. Mr. Wilson down at the sawmill was shooting dirty looks at white dress' ankles, black dress can't allow that disrespect to continue happening. Aslo gotta beat some parenting into her, what kind of lady struts her gaves around when there are children watching. Put that sl00t in her place.

Imagine them with modern training lol.
They'd prob duck competition by refusing to fight with them colored folks

The lady in black was landing that lead left hook at will. Also who the hell spars with a HAT on!? How'd her hat stay on?
Chin strap. Hat counts as Everlast headgear.

Now I'm interested, Deadliest warrior: Flapper vs Socalite

Thats what I thought, it's 50% laughable nonsense and 50% legit craft. It looked like they didn't really have training but they clearly understand the sport to some degree and knew why they were doing what they were doing.

Yeah, them old folks don't mess around. Mr. Wilson down at the sawmill was shooting dirty looks at white dress' ankles, black dress can't allow that disrespect to continue happening. Aslo gotta beat some parenting into her, what kind of lady struts her gaves around when there are children watching. Put that sl00t in her place.

They'd prob duck competition by refusing to fight with them colored folks

Chin strap. Hat counts as Everlast headgear.

Now I'm interested, Deadliest warrior: Flapper vs Socalite

I'm just quoting this post so that I can like it twice.

They were very well-trained. Sparring in those days wasn't what it is now. Sparring was playful, as gloves were made out of horse hair and leather (hence their use of more slapping touches with the insides), and headgear hadn't become a huge thing. Not to mention that it was very very rare for women to be allowed AT fights, and there was no TV. So the chances of them watching a lot of boxing in a male-exclusive World were very little, not even in Gyms. Strictly forbidden. when Johnny Tocco was alive the ONLY female he ever let train here was Christy Martin. Footage like this is all about context. If you're looking at it with modern eyes and judging it by what you see today, that's not how to go about it. All sparring looked like that:

It was sparring that honed reflexes, already trained technique, timing, coordination, without requiring getting the shit kicked out of you. Nowadays I prefer to call it partnered shadowboxing. Made this video for Al Osta over in the U.K., he had a fighter here for a week who got some training in with me. Won his fight when he went back home:

Here's with a bit more intensity:

Fun for trainers to keep themselves sharp, too:

They were very well-trained. Sparring in those days wasn't what it is now. Sparring was playful, as gloves were made out of horse hair and leather (hence their use of more slapping touches with the insides), and headgear hadn't become a huge thing. Not to mention that it was very very rare for women to be allowed AT fights, and there was no TV. So the chances of them watching a lot of boxing in a male-exclusive World were very little, not even in Gyms. Strictly forbidden. when Johnny Tocco was alive the ONLY female he ever let train here was Christy Martin. Footage like this is all about context. If you're looking at it with modern eyes and judging it by what you see today, that's not how to go about it. All sparring looked like that:

It was sparring that honed reflexes, already trained technique, timing, coordination, without requiring getting the shit kicked out of you. Nowadays I prefer to call it partnered shadowboxing. Made this video for Al Osta over in the U.K., he had a fighter here for a week who got some training in with me. Won his fight when he went back home:

Here's with a bit more intensity:

Fun for trainers to keep themselves sharp, too:

God....we missed you so much.

I'm gonna try to be back more on a routine basis. I don't have time like I used to as I don't sit in the office anymore. And when I get busy I'm usually occupied all day. BUT, I promised I wouldn't turn into one of those inaccessible Hollywood types. And I won't. I also let my account log off and forgot my password for a hot minute. I'm pretty easy to find on Facebook, though, my profile is public and the clues on how to find me there from here are pretty obvious.

<36>

better footwork than most the clowns on here, myself included

better footwork than most the clowns on here, myself included
After watching it a few times the lady in white seems like her Parrys are working and she's catching a lot of the shots on her gloves. Also that lady in black is going to the body, she has some decent hand speed to be throwing the lead left hook to the body followed by the left hook to the head. The lady in white throws a few of those artem hammerfists too lol.

Keep in mind the footage is also sped up.

Keep in mind the footage is also sped up.
Forgot about that with old footage. I thought this was regular speed or slowed down just a bit. Lady in black still gets the nod.

LMAO this is a great video....both better than ronda

Back