Video of my solotraining today.

Nice!

You move surprisingly well Frode, and your kicks are honestly great. Very impressive the flexibilty, stability and accuracy you have with them.

Great vid and fitting choice of song for it.

Was going to say something about the lack of punches but you threw more towards the end.

Would love to see more elbows and less headhunting during your GnP.

Nice and flowy work...

Thanks. Yeah it was a workout with focus on my kicking. Thats why it was mostly kicks in the video.

Thanks. Its my best punch.

Or my only good punch. Haha

Thanks. Its my best punch.

Or my only good punch. Haha

If you want to change that, you can set more weight on your rear leg. Right now its all on the front/left leg, that's the leg you basically operate on at all times.

Your right/rear leg is trailing/hovering out there instead of dug in/bent and grounded, its not ready to push off and launch any of your right side techniques. Put it under you (instead of behind you) and get used to pushing off it and having it ready. It will feel completely different. Grounded, better.

Point the toes of it at your opponent/where you're punching while driving off it and sinking down (takes practice/balance/strength) and you'll not only start hitting solidly with your right, but also you'll have more control overall (movement, efficiency, speed, timing) and set up your lefts (and therefore combos) better when fighting against a person.

It'll give you more leverage and options, which are oh-so-priceless in a fight.

Last edited:
Thanks man. I will try to keep that in mind during training.

If you want to change that, you can set more weight on your rear leg. Right now its all on the front/left leg, that's the leg you basically operate on at all times.

Your right/rear leg is trailing/hovering out there instead of dug in/bent and grounded, its not ready to push off and launch any of your right side techniques. Put it under you (instead of behind you) and get used to pushing off it and having it ready. It will feel completely different. Grounded, better.

Point the toes of it at your opponent/where you're punching while driving off it and sinking down (takes practice/balance/strength) and you'll not only start hitting solidly with your right, but also you'll have more control overall (movement, efficiency, speed, timing) and set up your lefts (and therefore combos) better when fighting against a person.

It'll give you more leverage and options, which are oh-so-priceless in a fight.

his right is good too appears to have both down well

can we get frode to beat up space time ive got 300 pounds spare, if we all pitch in maybe we can get space time to come out from the closet

nice flowy movement and acrobatics- is that from your wushu/kung fu training?
It bothers me how you keep your hands so low when punching. You need to spar boxers to fix that.

Yeah from my kung fu and capoeira days.

I dont like to spar boxers. Because they hit me too often. And i dont get to kick them in return. Shit pisses me off

Back