[VIDEO] MMA academy with Shooto influence in Beijing

laurent1234

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
He is a short trailer presenting our MMA academy. Instruction is solly carried no-gi, and we are strongly influenced by shooto and catch chaining , even if we respect and integrate many other arts to the best of our limited abilities.

If some of you are interested or know people in beijing that could be interested, thank you for letting them know.

kind regards
laurent

www.mmabeijing.com

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mGc0VXBsuFM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mGc0VXBsuFM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

cool trailer!

Here's my report on training there.

By the way, Laurent, are you still up for an interview ?

Hi Sacha,
Yes, up for an interview. We have made some improvements to the gym since last time, but i am afraid that we still have al lest one punching bag hanging during the wrestling practice...i know that you dont like that so much, but I leave them on purpose so that students are always aware of their surrounding ( that bag could be a referee, or an ennemy...or am I just making this excuse up:) )

please (re)send me your questions as i have had problems with my email in july.

thank you forward, and pass the word

regards
laurent

Congratulations on your club, looks like a nice facility.

Although I must admit that I don't fully understand why you would want your own club when you have a BJJ Blackbelt and a Muay Thai World Champion that you could train with in your city.

Bonne chance.

Ben

Congratulations on your club, looks like a nice facility.

Although I must admit that I don't fully understand why you would want your own club when you have a BJJ Blackbelt and a Muay Thai World Champion that you could train with in your city.

Bonne chance.

Ben

Beijing is a big city, there's room for everybody !

Laurent, I'll resend my questions.

Hi Ben,
Well there are many reasons why we did what we did:
-we have our own facility (unlike the BJJ BB you mention I think)
-the facility is close to our university ( we could never train that much if we had to go in Guomao)
-we train No-Gi (unlike both BJJ intructors in Beijing)
-the emphasis is more on top control, and the head and arm position is the angular stone of the system, not the guard. Knee-on-belly is the recommended position for finish, not mount.
-we train grappling for MMA, not grappling. We train wrestling for MMA, not wrestling.
-we have boxing, Kick-boxing/MT, stand-up wrestling (incorporating techniques from MT , greco and Chinese wrestling) and ground-work...so we really try to work on all aspects

So many reasons why it is very enriching to do your own thing it is not even funny.

I think in the end people can try all that is available in beijing. I am very confident that we often the best learning experience and attention to students.

But there are and there will be more and more place that are worth trying so I shall, and you shall keep an open mind:)

best regards
laurent

Back