[video]junior dos santos talks with busted up face

acovarru

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Former UFC heavyweight champion junior dos santos talks from the hospital just 2 days after he got beat for 5 round by Cain Velasques at UFC 155

Talking to his fans and not making excuses like some other guy. Classy

Thank you TS for posting this video; it's new to me.

Also, I'd just like to take my insignificant time out to thank Mr. dos Santos/Almeida for posting the video for the fans.

He looks pretty damn good considering the fact that he looked like a cross between Wandy + Nogueira after the 4th or 5th round. He is like... "Wolverine", lol. He doesn't make any excuses, but I think he is pretty damn fucking pissed inside. Better fight next time, I fear for JDS' next unfortunate opponent.

He also talks at the end of this video put out by UFC's Youtube account. 6:13 is his message to fans after the fight.

Junior Dos Santos said:
First of all, I want to thank everyone who cheered for me. Everyone who supported me on the way to this fight. For supporting me on this title defense, where unfortunately I came out defeated. I lost the fight. But I lost to a great fighter.

I want to congratulate Cain Velasquez. He did a great job imposing his strategy and it worked really well. My mind went blank, I could only defend myself. I didn't impose my game of always attacking and looking for the knockout. I only defended myself and I paid for that mistake. Congratulations to Velasquez for his excellent performance. All five rounds were very well fought. And thats it, now I will come back.

I feel fine, I don't feel any pain. Except the pain in my heart. Only the heart hurts inside. But its all part of it. I think the ability to overcome is a characteristic of great champions. I have what it takes to overcome this moment. And that's what I will do. I will go back and train harder. And thats it, I won one, he won one, now we will fight a third time. Thats what I want and thats what I expect, to fight for the belt again. I always want to deserve everything I have. So I will go after it again, and I will get the belt back.

Pure class. I wanted Cain to win, but I don't believe for one second that JDS stopped being a champion.

True champion, I look forward to seeing him take another shot at getting the title.

Stand up guy. A real man. No whining allowed.

I like him in the rematch.

Nothing but class. I still root for Cain in a rematch tho

How can you hate this guy.

It's rare these days to see someone congratulate his opponent who just kicked his ass, and not finding all kind of excuses.

His fans however....

I can't believe people can boo this guy. There are some real scum bags out there.

How can you hate this guy.

It's rare these days to see someone congratulate his opponent who just kicked his ass, and not finding all kind of excuses.

His fans however....

lol Every fighter has those fans. There's plenty of us on here that gave Cain his well deserved dues. Good to see the positive outlook JDS is taking though. Will always cheer for this man win, lose, or draw.

Back