[VIDEO] How to REVERSE a Leg Pick into Scissor Leg Takedown

PolskiGhost

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
[YT]im-yg6rpYuw[/YT]

Courtesy of Submission Radio's Technique of the week

man your video makes it clear how much long legs really help this technique...I've gotta be so close to my opponent when I do this, you can be significantly further out by the looks of it

It works for a single leg too, when the guy tries to get to the outside. You don't have to b that tall neither, if you have really short legs, maybe it's not for you, but then eg locks in general work less well. Really nice move.

man your video makes it clear how much long legs really help this technique...I've gotta be so close to my opponent when I do this, you can be significantly further out by the looks of it

FYI that's not me or Denis in the vid, but yeh the guy doing the move (JJ) is actually 7 feet tall....so his legs definitely make it easier to pull off. The thing is that you get much better leverage by being closer to your opponent, short legs or long.

It works for a single leg too, when the guy tries to get to the outside. You don't have to b that tall neither, if you have really short legs, maybe it's not for you, but then eg locks in general work less well. Really nice move.

Correct, especially about the leg locks. I've seen JJ at grappling comps where people try to beat him in the 50/50 position.......bad move. If you're in 50/50 and they have longer legs than you, GTFO asap!

Back