Video games taking over the movie industry

Hogey

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I apologize I am pretty hammered.

But I do remembering reading (sorry no source on me ATM) that the video game industry is out making the movie industry.

My question assuming this is true, why does it feel like video games in the pass few years feel like some cookie cutting, half ass Michael bay shit.

Why are only getting 2 maybe 3 gems a year. It some bullshit

1996-2001 where the year where story and game play was on point, these days games have or another and/or riddled with tuberculosis.

Is it the medias fault? Because we know those sjw pussys have been trying to change the gaming industry to shit for years. And in order to be a gaming review/insider you have to be a cuck.

To me the video game industry is so stagnant and and whenever studios try to push something innovating it's A) stupid or B) some motivated political social justice purpose.

WTF videos games!!

Give me an actual d&d table top online

/end drunk rant
//for now

The cost to make a AAA game has gone up massively, it costs a similar amount to a blockbuster movie, so they play it safe. Most of the big companies can't afford a major flop.

Play indie games, they try new stuff and also bring back old classic genres.

You're right the video game industry is worth more than the film industry now, that happened about 10 years ago though.

The games that are grossing over a billion dollars is stuff like COD so they keep regurgitating it the same way as Marvel movies.

This is the top 20 selling games of 2016 in the UK and it's virtually all sequels because they've got a track record of sales.

The only original games are The Division which is basically Rainbox Six Online or Overwatch which is just an online shooter.

1. FIFA 17 (EA)
2. Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Activision)
3. Battlefield 1 (EA)
4. The Division (Ubisoft)
5. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
6. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (Sony)
7. Call Of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision)
8. Watch Dogs 2 (Ubisoft)
9. Overwatch (Blizzard)
10. Forza Horizon 3 (Microsoft)
11. Mafia III (2K)
12. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (Bethesda)
13. FIFA 16 (EA)
14. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (WB Games)
15. Doom (Bethesda)
16. Lego Marvel’s Avengers (WB Games)
17. Star Wars: Battlefront (EA)
18. Minecraft: Xbox One and Xbox 360 Editions (Microsoft)
19. Far Cry Primal (Ubisoft)

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/16/50-best-selling-video-games-of-2016-revealed-6384231/#ixzz4ixUlVugQ

I remember reading it had more gross but not necessarily more profit. Thought I think that was before the huge abundance of DLC content over the last several years.

Film
Industry is dying. I dont give a fuck about comic book movies and remakes of 80s movies.

The world of Metal Gear Solid could make a nice movie franchise... if they don't fuck it up.

They outgross the movie industry because video game publishers are on that UFC employs fighters as contractors type screwjob.

You're also just getting old if you think only 2 or 3 gems release a year nowadays. Drop your console and get a PC.

Look at how popular twitch is these days... ppl rather watch ppl game than watch tv or movies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back