VID: Mr. Maelstrom's first ever competition match (DON'T HOLD BACK)

Mr.Maelstrom

Random Flex Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

I'm Reed, red anklet, black rashguards.

Lost on an advantage for dropping to my guard when we were tied at 10 with 55 seconds left.

I had a blast, I thought itd be way worse and i can't wait to get back to the gym and put in work on my weak points.

Any questions, criticisms, comments or jokes you may have; lay em on me f12.

Feels good to get my feet wet.
tumblr_m9ypgmLBJH1r27g2yo1_500.gif

if you knees you no gives da presh. you on your toes den you presh his gwards.

when you gonna half gwards you gonna stay on datch shoulder. you let him presh den he stick your back for datch whole chime.

2:07 you give heem lots space, you go north south he gonna be stuck but you try jumping over his gwards with no hip conshrol and den he shrimp back in and knee shield.

2:45 you have back for to da choke but no seatbelch or grab his lat so he gonna buck you into gwards, den whole time you gwards you don't wrist control or arm drag just laying there like cheap hooker

but hey you competed! how long have you been practicing?

@RJ Green this is the start of my 3rd year. Me and 2-3 bros rent out a warehouse and have spent two years of tax returns turning it into a full gym. No instructor, not one belted guy among us. Just love getting mat time in and I was itching to break the seal. 29 though so I'm starting late

2016-11-20_07-50-43.jpg 2016-11-20_07-49-59.jpg 2016-11-20_07-50-20.jpg
Lotta money invested in tatami flooring as you can see

I'm Reed, red anklet, black rashguards.

Lost on an advantage for dropping to my guard when we were tied at 10 with 55 seconds left.

I had a blast, I thought itd be way worse and i can't wait to get back to the gym and put in work on my weak points.

Any questions, criticisms, comments or jokes you may have; lay em on me f12.

Feels good to get my feet wet.
View attachment 207263

Your TDs from neutral looked good, keep that up.

Your performance in the short offense/front headlock situation needs much work. When your opponent got you there, he got the go behind then turned you on your back strait to side control. When you got your opponent there, he was in no danger and escaped easily.
Pick one or two chokes here and practice it religiously.

Speaking in general, i saw a few too many dead-fish impressions; resting on knees, not hustling to advance or secure position in moments of flux, etc.

While in side control he was getting that knee back in too easily too many times. To prevent your opponents from recovering guard and to make him become vulnerable to submissions (and indeed, to make him want to be submitted), you must give him the presh.

There are 2-3 major methods for projecting the presh most punishingly; the half-nelson (aka head wrap half, aka chin twist pick, aka 5 finger guillotine), and the reverse half-nelson (aka crossface, aka shoulder of justice)

always look for the 3 hour splits. AKA the running man. Thats how you drive your presh forward into your opponent with stability.

Last edited:
Back