[VID] Kennedy on Bisping: "Yeah I have something against him, he is a dirty fighter"

Every so often, we see a feud that is so obviously a mutually agreed upon hype job aimed at keeping both guys relevant by raising their profiles before a bout.

This seems like one of those cases.

"I was in the UFC while you were shining boots in basic."

"He's a dirty fighter. He poked someone's eye, so now I'm going to make him pay."

Come on, son.

There is some history there though. If i'm not mistaken Ranger Up had something to do with those lame videos Rivera made before UFC 127.

I'd actually give Kennedy a decent chance against Bisping. He's a pressure fighter who won't gas from chasing Bisping around, he's a better grappler than Bisping, and he has decent power in his hands. He could ostensibly cut Bisping off, clinch fuck him against the cage, and eventually catch him with something.

I believe this is a closer fight than people are appreciating around here.

I very much dislike Bispings attitude but the reality is he has not struggled with grapplers. He was competitive with elite guys like Rashad and Sonnen with his counter wrestling and he's notoriously hard to get or keep down.

Bisping also has a ridiculous gas tank and volume compared with his peers. His chin isn't the greatest and he's lacking KO power, but he is competent everywhere else.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Bisping point fight Kennedy to a UD.

Regarding Tim's comments, 100% agree he's been a dirty fighter on several occasions and nobody should judge Kennedy for saying that.

Back