Media Vicente Luque explains why he agreed to fight an unranked opponent this weekend

There will be blood

Luque doesn’t have the name value to have a choice. He will fight whoever they put in front of him. He talks like he has a choice in the matter lol.

Luque is not Conor, he doesn’t get to choose his fights.

I like Luque, but this isn't a situation where a top-ranked guy is taking on a relatively unknown opponent (e.g., Dustin-BSD, Strickland-Abus, etc.). Luque is ranked #11, and Buckley actually has a bigger name than than him.

Luque hasn't looked good for awhile. Honestly I might give him another chance if he showcases himself against lower ranked guys. Against ranked fighters he looked just a step behind.

He was probably forced too after turning down fights from the Garry pullout. I don’t think Dana is too keen on Luque at the moment.

Plus he missed weight as the backup a while ago.

Luque is one of the JBGs best disciples. He’s probably not at his peak anymore but I think he violently finishes Buckley.
This fight has the potential for a finish either way. Luque, as much as Buckley, can either finish or get finished spectacularly.

Luque agreed because he knows it's an almost guaranteed win, will most likely d'arce choke Buckley after sending him to the canvas.

Luque agreed because he knows it's an almost guaranteed win, will most likely d'arce choke Buckley after sending him to the canvas.

I think for Luque to win, he's going to have to do just that: out strike Buckley, then hunt a finish.

I dunno though... Possible, but not guaranteed imo

Luque is one of the JBGs best disciples. He’s probably not at his peak anymore but I think he violently finishes Buckley.

He incurred a brain bleed in the Neal fight. He shouldn't be fighting. You're right about his JBG status, but he's far past his prime and should retire. I hate to say it. It's the truth.

Dont think rankings really matter much with a fight like this. Its a fringe top 15 guy who is probably in decline vs someone who is on a longer win streak and has been more active.

Ian Garry should pay attention and learn something from Luque

It’s the ones who are always on the back foot in fights who take this bollockless approach and are always saying irritating stuff. Jon, Adesanya etc

And the guys who march forward are generally on point with the things they say

These tacticians are not any better than the guys they beat, they selfishly sacrifice the entertainment value to increase their chances of winning. It’s nothing to do with skill level, it’s a choice.

He incurred a brain bleed in the Neal fight. He shouldn't be fighting. You're right about his JBG status, but he's far past his prime and should retire. I hate to say it. It's the truth.

How did he get cleared?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back